ADVERTISEMENT

Landner

Good grief -- if it was a big deal you should have emailed Coach rather than sit on your couch.
Lander shooting 22% from field. I can think of two of his makes that were bank threes. Most if the time he badly misses...like a kid who never practices shooting. Odd.

Reactions: mk23
Good grief -- if it was a big deal you should have emailed Coach rather than sit on your couch.
Never said it was a big deal, only saying I'm not a coach being paid $25 MILLION to recruit his players. I could see from watching him in high school he was no 5 star why can't Archie. If IU wants to pay me millions I can give them some names of 5 star recriuts

Reactions: mk23
Never said it was a big deal, only saying I'm not a coach being paid $25 MILLION to recruit his players. I could see from watching him in high school he was no 5 star why can't Archie. If IU wants to pay me millions I can give them some names of 5 star recriuts
Maybe Lander should not stayed in high school. He looks awfully young out there. Notice how he dribbles and gets knocked around a bit.

Reactions: Lucy01
Lander is going to be really good but he is just so young. I guarantee he only reclassified so that he could practice against better competition and begin learning the offense. He will not lose a year of eligibility since this is a free year. He should be viewed as a practice player right now. Just give the kid time!
Disagree on him becoming really good. His ceiling is good...if we are lucky. He is not much younger than some of the frosh we have had in past.

I can't even tell how good his ball handling is. I remember Yogi as a frosh. From day 1 he could get from point A to point B.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Disagree on him becoming really good. His ceiling is good...if we are lucky. He is not much younger than some of the frosh we have had in past.

I can't even tell how good his ball handling is. I remember Yogi as a frosh. From day 1 he could get from point A to point B.
Lander has been given a seemingly impossible task. IU is not a great team this year and they do not have many shooters. Additionally, he is super young and doesn't play very many minutes. People should not expect a young player to do help a mediocre team. In short, he is the least of your worries.

Lander is going to be really good but he is just so young. I guarantee he only reclassified so that he could practice against better competition and begin learning the offense. He will not lose a year of eligibility since this is a free year. He should be viewed as a practice player right now. Just give the kid time!
That's exactly what a lot of folks said about Archie four years ago. "He's going to be really good, just give him time". I've yet to see it, I feel the same about Lander, young will improve but absolutely no 5 star.

Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT