ADVERTISEMENT

Lander

Geronimo isn’t a pro. Not now, most likely not ever. Love his motor, but he’s a post man in a guard’s body. All pros have one very identifiable skill. Jordan doesn’t do anything exceptionally well. He’ll be a solid 4 year player, unless he gets recruited over.
He’s extremely athletic and long.

Oh well hell. I didn’t know that. He’ll for sure go to the nba. The world is really short on dudes that can jump with long arms.
That’s exactly what the NBA looks for. He has perimeter skill as well. When the NBA scouts come to view IU this year, they come to view TJD, Geronimo, and Bates, according to reports.

Reactions: hatchetdad
Geronimo isn’t a pro. Not now, most likely not ever. Love his motor, but he’s a post man in a guard’s body. All pros have one very identifiable skill. Jordan doesn’t do anything exceptionally well. He’ll be a solid 4 year player, unless he gets recruited over.

Jordan Is probably the best athlete in the big ten and has only played basketball for a handful of years. He has more raw ability than anyone since OG. I litterally talk to pro scouts and agents, your opinion is nowhere close to theirs on if he will be a pro. I’ll gladly bet you 50k he plays in the NBA.

Jordan Is probably the best athlete in the big ten and has only played basketball for a handful of years. He has more raw ability than anyone since OG. I litterally talk to pro scouts and agents, your opinion is nowhere close to theirs on if he will be a pro. I’ll gladly bet you 50k he plays in the NBA.
Man, you’re up early!

If JG gets "recruited over"...I want to see that class!

Reactions: DANC
I thought the same thing about O.G.'s first year. Then his 2nd year he came on at the end of the year.

I think Geronimo will improve his game. Maybe not as quickly as OG, but I would bet he'll improve enough to make the league.

Geronimo isn't even close to pro, Charlie Miller and Andre Patterson say hello. He is not even close to them on natural ability and they weren't even close to being drafted. Maybe Patterson I think got one pro contract for like a year.

Reactions: mk23
Geez, he's still got a few years to develop. Oladipo wasn't the best shooter at the early stages. His athleticism won out most of the time.

Reactions: DANC
It astonishes me that you bought a ticket to see the Hoosiers play in the summer and now scouts and agents are all clamoring for your opinions. Damn. I wish I’d have bought a ticket. 🙄

It astonishes me that you bought a ticket to see the Hoosiers play in the summer and now scouts and agents are all clamoring for your opinions. Damn. I wish I’d have bought a ticket. 🙄
They do not want my opinion, they want access to the players. You should have bought a ticket, but you didn't, and I did.

They do not want my opinion, they want access to the players. You should have bought a ticket, but you didn't, and I did.
Oh ok. IU has hired you to pimp out players now? And somehow all the scouts and agents know that? Must’ve been a helluva ticket.

Oh ok. IU has hired you to pimp out players now? And somehow all the scouts and agents know that? Must’ve been a helluva ticket.

you realize I have publicly announced signing almost the entire team to individual NIL deals and started my own media right?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: hatchetdad and mk23
J.G. has to show me a bunch more off the dribble..And for that matter a lot better deep ball ..Like 22.3 & 23.9 range..
Every team in the NBA has 3 to 4 guys with his ability..And a better mental approach to the game..
He has miles to go before the association..
And I'm not saying he can't get there.
But right now..Only care..What can he do for the Hoosiers..

Reactions: mk23 and Lucy01
J.G. has to show me a bunch more off the dribble..And for that matter a lot better deep ball ..Like 22.3 & 23.9 range..
Every team in the NBA has 3 to 4 guys with his ability..And a better mental approach to the game..
He has miles to go before the association..
And I'm not saying he can't get there.
But right now..Only care..What can he do for the Hoosiers..
JG is the kinda guy you love watching his trajectory. He will work, he is a physical freak, and it will pay off.

I asked him and lander what coach gets on them each for. JG said sulking. After he does something wrong he has trouble Moving right to the next play. He will get better, he has phenomenal coaching. Lot of “freshmen mistakes” will happen this year, will be far from perfect. But he will give us a spark that few teams have off the bench.

Geronimo isn't even close to pro, Charlie Miller and Andre Patterson say hello. He is not even close to them on natural ability and they weren't even close to being drafted. Maybe Patterson I think got one pro contract for like a year.
Andre Patterson played in the NBA, yes and i think drafted in the 40s. What he has to do with Jordan I havent a clue.

In the 50 some years I have been an IU fan, I can only think of 4 players that even come close to Geronimo as an athlete.

Wilkerson, Smart, Oladipo, Anunoby

with a shoutout to - Gordon, Langford, Tolbert, J. Thomas, A Harris

In the 50 some years I have been an IU fan, I can only think of 4 players that even come close to Geronimo as an athlete.

More athletic than OG for sure. The 7”2 wing span is craziness.

How does TJD never get mentioned as a great athlete? Kinda puts this whole crazy idea that JG is some kind of unicorn to rest as a ridiculous argument.

Steve Hart
Coca Cola shootout mvp

Andre Patterson played in the NBA, yes and i think drafted in the 40s. What he has to do with Jordan I havent a clue.
Are you dim? It's a very valid comparison to two other players from the past that both had more natural potential than him not making it in the league.

I would like to see Jordan slim down a little and work on his quickness and shooting touch. He shouldn't have to play a 4. IU needs some more depth at the post position.

Steve Hart
Coca Cola shootout mvp
Yep, I'd agree. I played with Steve Hart in Boy's Club, and Geronimo is no Steve Hart. There's a long way to go there, Hart would get the hook for throwing 20 at you in like the first half.

I would like to see Jordan slim down a little and work on his quickness and shooting touch. He shouldn't have to play a 4. IU needs some more depth at the post position.
A 4 in this system isn’t your typical post player.

Steve Hart was a great athlete.

Geronimo Has Rodman like athletic ability and hopefully has the right frame of mind to tap that ability.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT