ADVERTISEMENT

Lander in the portal*

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Teams are winning now utilizing the portal. You can still recruit players who previously played at other schools and still have expectations to win. And in this day in age, if you truly aren’t trying to upgrade your roster every year, I question whether or not the will to win is there.

Gonzaga: two transfer starters
Arkansas: 4 of top 6 players from portal
Texas Tech: starts 4 transfers
Houston: 4 of top 6 players from portal
Arizona: 3 transfers in their rotation
Providence: 5 of top 7 players from portal
Miami: starts 3 transfers
Iowa State: won 2 games last year; brought in 5 new transfers
UNC/Kansas/Michigan: all have transfers who play key roles

All these teams are still playing today. All these teams have utilized the portal to their advantage, and in some cases use it extensively. Amazing what happens when teams add all these kids with “issues and baggage”.

You should say less.

Funny there is no response from go-iu!

Laugh all you want, there was a day, when you were probably not born, but when we knew we were going to win and it was a big deal if we ever lost. It is still a very big deal to those that are old enough to remember greatness to ever lose. BTW, I'm just 50, but that attitude has stuck with me since 6, there needs to be always a winning all expectation.
I seem to recall RMK using a thing called JUCO players after saying he wouldn't and brought in a couple called Dean Garrett and Keith Smart.......since I'm older than you, my memory is fading....how did those 2 work out?

Reactions: demunn and asindc
I seem to recall RMK using a thing called JUCO players after saying he wouldn't and brought in a couple called Dean Garrett and Keith Smart.......since I'm older than you, my memory is fading....how did those 2 work out?
Garrett and Smart were both guys who were went JUCO to develop their game v. being academically challenged. Bobby did have 1 or 2 of the later types who didn't work out so well.....can't recall their names offhand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT