ADVERTISEMENT

Lander in the portal*

I can't blame him. Two years and not all that much improvement. I think he is better served at a program like Butler or maybe even Ball State. With Bates and Hood-Schifino, the writing was on the wall here.

Lander will be at MVC level or higher. He is a lot better player than he showed at IU. Louisville?

Reactions: IULouie
Not a surprise in the least I suspect we will see several others in the next few games. My final memory will be his airball three vs St. Marys.

While this is not a surprise, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Lander is gone for sure. Either way, My impression from just the first few games last year was that he should have stayed in HS.

While this is not a surprise, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Lander is gone for sure. Either way, My impression from just the first few games last year was that he should have stayed in HS.

Haha what? What would that have done? He has been here for 2 years and can barely function on the court, another year against 16 year-olds doesn't fix that.

Haha what? What would that have done? He has been here for 2 years and can barely function on the court, another year against 16 year-olds doesn't fix that.
It is a classic case of arrested development. He obviously would have gotten more playing time in HS and it would have allowed him to physically mature against players his size.

Put another way, if moving up from HS to D1 should have allowed him to develop better, then moving from HS to G-League or an international pro league should have been an even better move, development-wise. From what I saw, he wasn’t ready to leave HS for D1 yet. Some 17 and 18 year olds are ready, some are not. He looked like he was not.

He is gone he has not improved in two years. It is time to move on.

Reactions: Al Bino
It is a classic case of arrested development. He obviously would have gotten more playing time in HS and it would have allowed him to physically mature against players his size.

Put another way, if moving up from HS to D1 should have allowed him to develop better, then moving from HS to G-League or an international pro league should have been an even better move, development-wise. From what I saw, he wasn’t ready to leave HS for D1 yet. Some 17 and 18 year olds are ready, some are not. He looked like he was not.

I would agree if he showed a little something this year, but he didn't. I would rather have the guy training/playing with professional staff at IU than playing in HS. Maybe in Lander's case it made a difference, but 90%+ of the time getting on campus sooner is better.

He's gone for sure...

Reactions: brianiu
Lander was not ready for D1. It is not just the extra year of HS, it is the travel clubs, camps, weight training and even another year of academic prep that is missed. There have been other reclass recruits that proved not ready. IU has some good guards coming in. This is good for him. Team needs a front line player as noted. Good luck to him and hope his IU experience prepared him well. BTown is a great place and he can RS a year and still play a lot of college ball

If the connected guy from the other board is correct Lander is the first of many to leave. Sound like he is thinking at least four guys and maybe more. I know its a message board rumor but he was right about Fife so we shall see.

Could you save us all a trip to the other boards and let us know who the others are?

Good. GTFO. We need roster space.
I think this type of post is pure BS. It was time for him to go, but Lander was nothing but positive cheering on his teammates every time they showed the bench. Many kids in his position would have been sulking.

Sometimes things don't work out, but a good kid deserves more than a GTFO response.

I think this type of post is pure BS. It was time for him to go, but Lander was nothing but positive cheering on his teammates every time they showed the bench. Many kids in his position would have been sulking.

Sometimes things don't work out, but a good kid deserves more than a GTFO response.
We’re in the NIL era now. Produce or beat it.

I would have to think most thought Lander was gone.

Double edged sword here… on one hand I’m always for loyalty, for talented kids staying and developing, earning their spots, etc… But on the other hand, with Lander, I would have had more questions about his drive, competitiveness, and whether he’d ever “make it” if he had stayed. He literally didn’t play this year, behind one of the worst back courts in the conference, possibly THE worst.

Whatever the cause of that, he shouldn’t be “ok” with that.

Good luck to him. Hope it clicks and he grows into his potential!

Besides TJD, Race, and Parker? Or were they baked into the cake?
Did not say but maybe will come out later tonight. Just said more to come and made it sound like more than three said lots of movement.

Did not say but maybe will come out later tonight. Just said more to come and made it sound like more than three said lots of movement.
I know there has been a lot of conjecture about TJD. But it would be astonishing to me if he returns. And with Race and Parker talking at senior night, also would shock me. Lander makes 4 in my mind.

Kopp leaving wouldn’t surprise me. That’d be 5.

X, Durr, and/or Jordan I could see leaving. But I doubt it with any of them.

Anyone other than that would surprise me quite a bit.

So my guess is 5-6 leave. And on top of the 3 frosh already coming in, we’ll get 2-3 more from Thiero, Renuea, Sparks, and/or from the ever growing list of portal kids.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Is this really that surprising? He's been named by nearly every poster who speculated on who would leave and/or how we'd make room for the 3 commits coming in.

I know there has been a lot of conjecture about TJD. But it would be astonishing to me if he returns. And with Race and Parker talking at senior night, also would shock me. Lander makes 4 in my mind.

Kopp leaving wouldn’t surprise me. That’d be 5.

X, Durr, and/or Jordan I could see leaving. But I doubt it with any of them.

Anyone other than that would surprise me quite a bit.

So my guess is 5-6 leave. And on top of the 3 frosh already coming in, we’ll get 2-3 more from Thiero, Renuea, Sparks, and/or from the ever growing list of portal kids.
He did say there was some concern that Geronimos mom was pushing for him to come closer to home. But given he will be one of the main guys I am guessing that will not happen. The rest you mentioned are all the most likely. But I did the impression it was sounding like Woodson was looking to make a major overhaul.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT