ADVERTISEMENT

Lagunitas sucks

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
Actually, Lagunitas Stoopid sucks.....described as a wit, but it is absolutely hopped up (no mention of that on the bottle or packaging).

I was excited to try it.....but since I don't care for hoppy beers, I was sorely disappointed.

Anyone need 5 bottles of Stoopid?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Actually, Lagunitas Stoopid sucks.....described as a wit, but it is absolutely hopped up (no mention of that on the bottle or packaging).

I was excited to try it.....but since I don't care for hoppy beers, I was sorely disappointed.

Anyone need 5 bottles of Stoopid?

Most of their beers taste too much alike to me, Plus or minus some hops or alcohol content. I still will buy some Sucks now or then, but I'm getting bored of the lack of variety.

I had some Sucks last week. Had been a while, and wasn't what I really remembered. Hop profile was lacking. Maybe was just an older pack or maybe my taste has changed over the last year.

Reactions: IU40IU
I had some Sucks last week. Had been a while, and wasn't what I really remembered. Hop profile was lacking. Maybe was just an older pack or maybe my taste has changed over the last year.
It's not just you. I was raving about Sucks over here several years ago when it was only a seasonal. It was one of my favorite beers. Some posters on here were asking me to send it to them before Lagunitas distributed to Indiana. It was my go to beer and nothing else was really close.

I last picked up Sucks last Spring. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't enjoy it. It wasn't the super citrusy, tropical hop bomb that I used to love. I don't know if the beer changed or if my tastes have changed but a lot of other brewers have caught up and passed it by. Now their High Westified Imperial Coffee Stout this year was incredible, and I've been told that this year's Born Yesterday was amazing as well. I haven't picked that one up but the quality of these beers shows what Lagunitas is still capable of.

Reactions: mike41703
It's not just you. I was raving about Sucks over here several years ago when it was only a seasonal. It was one of my favorite beers. Some posters on here were asking me to send it to them before Lagunitas distributed to Indiana. It was my go to beer and nothing else was really close.

I last picked up Sucks last Spring. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't enjoy it. It wasn't the super citrusy, tropical hop bomb that I used to love. I don't know if the beer changed or if my tastes have changed but a lot of other brewers have caught up and passed it by. Now their High Westified Imperial Coffee Stout this year was incredible, and I've been told that this year's Born Yesterday was amazing as well. I haven't picked that one up but the quality of these beers shows what Lagunitas is still capable of.

I had Born Yesterday a few months ago. It was very good.

The Brown Shugga was still very good this year.

Reactions: PtownHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT