ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies Bball Portal

Get over yourself. Moren has done a great job of developing talent, and has recruited several kids ranked in the 40s and 50s.

What I am saying is that to get her program to the next level, she needs to get even better talent (e.g. kids in the 10s, 20s and 30s). Kids with even better skills and athleticism. That doesn't mean she hasn't brought in good players.

So you keep moving the bar from not able to get "any" 4 or 5 star to "kids in the 10s, 20s, and 30s".

People called you out on your stupid and incorrect statement. Just own up to it and quit trying to move the bar. No shame in being wrong.

Lex is fast. She won the 100, 200, and 400 M as a junior in HS.
I really enjoy that fast, push the ball up the court, offense.
I like her a lot. Needs to work on her shot this off-season though. .Can't remember anything but layups from her any other teams wouldn't guard her very much.

are you guys in the running for former national POY Betts who is in the portal from Stanford. she visited our irish this past week and a lot of us irish fans think it'll be tough for anyone to beat us next year if we get her and get Miles at PG back healthy

are you guys in the running for former national POY Betts who is in the portal from Stanford. she visited our irish this past week and a lot of us irish fans think it'll be tough for anyone to beat us next year if we get her and get Miles at PG back healthy
Have not heard a peep out of Bloomington on any portal activity on the womens side at all.

Reactions: Jssanto
Have not heard a peep out of Bloomington on any portal activity on the womens side at all.
The only talk I have seen of a potential transfer addition on the women's side is this one. Thanks to Buffalouies' twitter feed for the info!! Donarski would be an immediate impact kid on the defensive end--would get the Sheldon and Clark matchups vs OSU and Iowa

I have not either. Less publicity for the women compared to men? No portal interest on our part? No one wants us?
We have two open spots. I would love to welcome someone.
Maybe Europe?

I have not either. Less publicity for the women compared to men? No portal interest on our part? No one wants us?
We have two open spots. I would love to welcome someone.
Maybe Europe?
We have 3 open spots, I doubt all get filled, and if we get Donarski and a big that would be a great get.

I mean....it's UCONN.

But aside from that, not every player with a certain number of stars next to their name fits the culture that she's built for working hard, team-first, defense-first.

Sometimes they miss on those players that they're going after that are highly rated. Sometimes they pass on those players because they don't think they fit.
I doubt that, four and five stars play hard. Coach K won what, six NCS and those kids have played hard.

We have 3 open spots, I doubt all get filled, and if we get Donarski and a big that would be a great get.
The two freshmen replace Grace and Geary. Then Mona and Kiandra Brown hit the portal. Who am I missing?
I will net search Donarski.
Thanks.

The two freshmen replace Grace and Geary. Then Mona and Kiandra Brown hit the portal. Who am I missing?
I will net search Donarski.
Thanks.

I think we actually have 4 openings as we only used 14 of 15 last year, and as the previous poster mentioned Peterson left mid-year along with Zaric and Browne. Typically Moren does not use all 15, so I can see 2 additions and keeping the roster at 13 for next year

Hailey Van Lith from Louisville is in the portal but don't have any idea if she is interested in us, or we in her. She's a great guard, but team chemistry could be an issue. ( Also. I saw that she had a " do not contact " filter on her social media.)

I think Lexi Donarski from Iowa St was here this past weekend

Would be a good addition.

0020646a72392765e3269c38a759fdd7.png

I see ESPN is still all up inside Catlyn Clark's jock.

In their way to early bracket, they have Iowa as a 1 seed, and our Hoosiers as a 2.

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
We do have a 2024 coming in that's 6'4 or 5 . Faith Wiseman from southern Indiana. Look her up on Google. Looks to be a good one to take McKenzies place( if you can even do that)
High goal to replace Mac.
Back in the 70s or so john wooden at UCLA I think replace Lou Al cinder with Bill Walton.
I would love it if we could be one of those teams that did not rebuild but reloaded.

So you keep moving the bar from not able to get "any" 4 or 5 star to "kids in the 10s, 20s, and 30s".

People called you out on your stupid and incorrect statement. Just own up to it and quit trying to move the bar. No shame in being wrong.

What a weird post. In your defensiveness regarding Moren/IU women's basketball, you totally miss the point.

There is nothing wrong with the recruits Moren has brought in. For example, the latest class contains good players who should help us. But IU has built what is now possibly a perennial Top 10 program. The weakensses Morean has shown are three fold:

1. A decent amount of transfers (even before the portal was created);

2. A reliance on a 6 woman rotation, leaving us vulnearble; and

3. Inability to reel in really top talent, especially in-state.

Sydney is an example of someone who was a Top 10 recruit that IU failed to get. We were fortunate to get her to come to IU as a transfer, and she has fit in perfectly. But like Ashlynn Shade, we have not been able to get those McDonald's AA-types who can really elevate the program. Moren has brought in good talent and has done a fantastic job of developing talent.

I liken it to Wisconsin men's basketball. Bo Ryan was a great coach who always had competitive teams with really good talent. But he was unable to bring in top talent consistently that would have made him a power. His teams were already consistently good, but only great occassionally.

Moren has had an unbelievable run. It is not criticism to wish that she had begin to bring in even higher rate recruits to take us to another level, particularly in terms of athleticism.

Reactions: UncleMark
What a weird post. In your defensiveness regarding Moren/IU women's basketball, you totally miss the point.

There is nothing wrong with the recruits Moren has brought in. For example, the latest class contains good players who should help us. But IU has built what is now possibly a perennial Top 10 program. The weakensses Morean has shown are three fold:

1. A decent amount of transfers (even before the portal was created);

2. A reliance on a 6 woman rotation, leaving us vulnearble; and

3. Inability to reel in really top talent, especially in-state.

Sydney is an example of someone who was a Top 10 recruit that IU failed to get. We were fortunate to get her to come to IU as a transfer, and she has fit in perfectly. But like Ashlynn Shade, we have not been able to get those McDonald's AA-types who can really elevate the program. Moren has brought in good talent and has done a fantastic job of developing talent.

I liken it to Wisconsin men's basketball. Bo Ryan was a great coach who always had competitive teams with really good talent. But he was unable to bring in top talent consistently that would have made him a power. His teams were already consistently good, but only great occassionally.

Moren has had an unbelievable run. It is not criticism to wish that she had begin to bring in even higher rate recruits to take us to another level, particularly in terms of athleticism.

Your point is well taken, but you moved the bar.

"For a program that has been now established as a power, she hasn't been able to get any 4 or 5 stars."

You got called out and proven wrong. So what did you do? Moved the bar.

"to get even better talent (e.g. kids in the 10s, 20s and 30s)"

So you went from can't get ANY 4 or 5 stars to can't get kids in the 10's, 20's, and 30's.

Dang. I thought we had a shot at a really defensive-minded player. But truthfully, there may not be PT which will make it hard.

That is ridiculouis. Denarski is a former McDAA, three year starter at Iowa State, the former DPOTY in the Big 12. Not getting her is a big miss because she would play PG, is strong defensively, is the size that Moren likes, shot 41% from 3 last year and has been a 1st team All-B12 selection.

There would have been zero issues with PT; she absolutely would have started for IU. Moren would love a PG who has size, athleticism, and shoot. If Lexi had come, Scalia would have been in the same 6th man role she was in most of the year.

Moren ideally needs two people from the portla. A PG who is athletic and can create her own shot (which would free Chloe to have to handle the ball less), and a productive post player. Losing Lexi was unfortunate.

Your point is well taken, but you moved the bar.

"For a program that has been now established as a power, she hasn't been able to get any 4 or 5 stars."

You got called out and proven wrong. So what did you do? Moved the bar.

"to get even better talent (e.g. kids in the 10s, 20s and 30s)"

So you went from can't get ANY 4 or 5 stars to can't get kids in the 10's, 20's, and 30's.

What bizarre passive aggressiveness. No bar was "moved". I commented that Moren - now that she has established an incredible program - can hopefully begin to recruit top talent. In order words, McDAAs and even higher regarded.

It is ridiculous to think a "4 star" ranked in, say, the 70s is the same as someone ranked in the teens. I have no idea what the cutoff for 5 stars or 4 stars is, but if you look at the other top teams, they are getting more highly regarded talent that IU.

Fortunately, Moren has been excellent at developing talent. To get to the next level, we need to start getting in players that are sought after by South Carolina, UConn, etc.

That is ridiculouis. Denarski is a former McDAA, three year starter at Iowa State, the former DPOTY in the Big 12. Not getting her is a big miss because she would play PG, is strong defensively, is the size that Moren likes, shot 41% from 3 last year and has been a 1st team All-B12 selection.

There would have been zero issues with PT; she absolutely would have started for IU. Moren would love a PG who has size, athleticism, and shoot. If Lexi had come, Scalia would have been in the same 6th man role she was in most of the year.

Moren ideally needs two people from the portla. A PG who is athletic and can create her own shot (which would free Chloe to have to handle the ball less), and a productive post player. Losing Lexi was unfortunate.

I wanted her to come here, a lot. But I think Bargesser can run the point and free Chloe to move Chloe off ball. Bargesser has a pedigree of athleticism, and should be fully recovered from the knee by next year. I think we aren't hurt by this that much.

But we desperately need another big.

I would much rather have a Senior who has been 1st Team All Big 12 AND DPOT as the lead guard rather than give the job to a incoming freshman.

Reactions: IUgradman
I would much rather have a Senior who has been 1st Team All Big 12 AND DPOT as the lead guard rather than give the job to a incoming freshman.
I'd much rather win the powerball, what's your point? Bargesser played last year, she can grab the rim. She ran track well in high school, see below. She was about #50 overall in her recruiting class. She has this summer to get better and I would think, work on her shot (she never took a 3). We aren't destitute. Especially given Moren's demand that the kids really work hard, she should be ready to step in.

Or Chloe stays at point and Sara moves to off-guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT