ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle McCord in portal….

I didn’t really watch him after the IU game, but from what I saw in that game and I was there to watch it live I wouldn’t want him. He alone is the reason that game was as close as it was. I saw open dudes all over the field and was relieved he was missing them. That doesn’t mean he didn’t improve, but it’s hard to say knowing he had some of the best talent around him. I’d prefer what we’ve got or someone else over him. He’d probably look very average in an IU uniform and devoid of the same level of talent to throw to. Jmho

His stats are very good; 24/6, 3k passing yards, and 66% completion rate. Interesting..

Reactions: vesuvius13
I didn’t really watch him after the IU game, but from what I saw in that game and I was there to watch it live I wouldn’t want him. He alone is the reason that game was as close as it was. I saw open dudes all over the field and was relieved he was missing them. That doesn’t mean he didn’t improve, but it’s hard to say knowing he had some of the best talent around him. I’d prefer what we’ve got or someone else over him. He’d probably look very average in an IU uniform and devoid of the same level of talent to throw to. Jmho
I agree that he was terrible against us. But he improved quite a lot during the season. Either way, I don’t think he’s on our radar or more. Specifically, we are probably not on his radar.

The way those fans have been treating him since the Michigan game is pathetic and ridiculous.
Not surprised though,judging by some of those idiots I’ve sat beside at games.
Why any kid would want to subject himself to their stupidity is beyond me.

Their team and fans don’t give two shits about that bowl game.
Probably close to half of their starters will opt out of playing.
The bowl games outside of the playoff is a joke.
They really are becoming more like exhibition games. I hope they die out.

His stats are very good; 24/6, 3k passing yards, and 66% completion rate. Interesting..
IMO, if he was behind the IU OL, throwing to IU targets, those stats would not be replicated. I think if you put Sorsby on that OSU team, you may see the same. It's hard to know considering the vast difference in time to sit in the pocket and talent at the other spots.

They really are becoming more like exhibition games. I hope they die out.
What skin is it off your behind if they exist or not?

Believe it or not, the majority of the kids that play in or attend those games enjoy their experience. THey're treated very well by the host committee, get to do a lot of cool things and most have a non-profit tie-in that gives the athletes an opportunity to give back/interact with those not as fortunate. It's more than just a football game in most cases.

Ryan Day said the starter for the bowl was TBA. He saw the writing on the ball so he bolted.
I'm a big fan of Ryan Day. For our future Indiana Hoosiers chances against them.

Not sure why I don't think he's all that, many others do.

Reactions: 76-1
I'm a big fan of Ryan Day. For our future Indiana Hoosiers chances against them.

Not sure why I don't think he's all that, many others do.
To this point, they have slowly regressed as a program since he has been the head coach. Which, I get is strange to say since they're obviously successful but naturally they should have different expectations.

The way those fans have been treating him since the Michigan game is pathetic and ridiculous.
Not surprised though,judging by some of those idiots I’ve sat beside at games.
Why any kid would want to subject himself to their stupidity is beyond me.

it appears that Day told him to hit the portal. After watching Joel Klatt’s breakdown of the OSU/Mich game, I believe it. He had wr’s running wide open all game but failed to go through his progressions. On the last drive when he threw the pick, he had two receivers wide open on both sides (Johnson to his left and Henderson to his right). He’s been in the program for three years, at this point it seems he just didn’t get “it”.

Look for DJ U here. They have an elite QB coming in January in Air Noland but I doubt a freshman will get the job.

To this point, they have slowly regressed as a program since he has been the head coach. Which, I get is strange to say since they're obviously successful but naturally they should have different expectations.
Agree.. I mean losing 6 games in 4 years is pathetic!! Haha

If Harbaugh bolts back to the NFL, I figure O$U beats them next year, and with the playoff expanding they'll have a decent shot at NC and all will be forgiven.

it appears that Day told him to hit the portal. After watching Joel Klatt’s breakdown of the OSU/Mich game, I believe it. He had wr’s running wide open all game but failed to go through his progressions. On the last drive when he threw the pick, he had two receivers wide open on both sides (Johnson to his left and Henderson to his right). He’s been in the program for three years, at this point it seems he just didn’t get “it”.

Look for DJ U here. They have an elite QB coming in January in Air Noland but I doubt a freshman will get the job.
I’m sure that’s all true but it does not warrant the comments I have read directed towards him.
I know it’s big business but at the end end of the day it’s 20 year old kids playing a game.

I’m sure that’s all true but it does not warrant the comments I have read directed towards him.
I know it’s big business but at the end end of the day it’s 20 year old kids playing a game.
I agree 100%. A college kid should never be booed, tweeted at or even have conversations by grown adults.

Agree.. I mean losing 6 games in 4 years is pathetic!! Haha
haha IU would give him a lifetime contract and his buy-out clause would be majority ownership in the University. But at Ohio State, the judgement begins in the last game of the season vs UM and what you did in the playoffs. Each year they have lost to UM and each year seem to fall further and further away from the status they had sustained. So in that case, he is truly 0-6. If next year ends in the exact way as this season did, he will be canned.

Whoever followed Urban had no chance.

Day has been living off recruiting. His loss of Wilson really showed this season. I think he’ll leave on his own accord in a year or 2. That fanbase with their all or nothing mindset is toxic and impossible to satisfy.

Last edited:
haha IU would give him a lifetime contract and his buy-out clause would be majority ownership in the University. But at Ohio State, the judgement begins in the last game of the season vs UM and what you did in the playoffs. Each year they have lost to UM and each year seem to fall further and further away from the status they had sustained. So in that case, he is truly 0-6. If next year ends in the exact way as this season did, he will be canned.
It is actually 7 losses in 5 years. It seems like every year that they are missing something. Last year it was Defense and this year it was QB. It think in time he’ll get it figured out but he better hurry. He can’t afford to lose to Michigan again.

It is actually 7 losses in 5 years. It seems like every year that they are missing something. Last year it was Defense and this year it was QB. It think in time he’ll get it figured out but he better hurry. He can’t afford to lose to Michigan again.
The people are insane. My buddy who is an alum was rooting so hard for A&M to want him. And the Michigan pressure is so self imposed. I swear they’d rather go 10-3 every season but beat Michigan.

To be fair, outside Georgia and Alabama, there isn't a team in America who has more on paper talent than Ohio State. Winning 11-12 games a year at the program isn't as monumental of a task as you'd think, especially considering Ohio State is more talented than every team they line up against. The problem with Day is that he's lost 3 straight to Michigan and hasn't beaten a team who is of equal or better talent than them. That's the problem with Day.

To be fair, outside Georgia and Alabama, there isn't a team in America who has more on paper talent than Ohio State. Winning 11-12 games a year at the program isn't as monumental of a task as you'd think, especially considering Ohio State is more talented than every team they line up against. The problem with Day is that he's lost 3 straight to Michigan and hasn't beaten a team who is of equal or better talent than them. That's the problem with Day.
That, and the fact he’s such a smug sumbitch. Bitches and moans every game even when he’s getting 90% of the calls in his favor.

Day is 56-7 in 5 years, in Meyer's last 5 years they were 59-7. Day is 38-3 in B1G games, in UM last 5 years they were 39-4 in B1G games. How exactly have they regressed?

Their team and fans don’t give two shits about that bowl game.
Probably close to half of their starters will opt out of playing.
The bowl games outside of the playoff are a joke.
Still a pos move unless he is receiving death threats.....qbs are held to a different standard.

To be fair, they had GA beat last year until Harrison got targeted in the EZ with no call. They very likely win the game is he's 1 not targeted or 2 they get the call.

The constant factor has been a lack of toughness.........Day went crazy when that was floated during the ND game, but he's gotta know he screwed up by not getting more over achieving gamers on the OL, DL, and at LB.

Day is 56-7 in 5 years, in Meyer's last 5 years they were 59-7. Day is 38-3 in B1G games, in UM last 5 years they were 39-4 in B1G games. How exactly have they regressed?
I explained in my post. OSU's season begins vs. Michigan. You can throw all of the other games in the trash. It's not about the B1G games, it's about the actual "big" games. OSU has floundered in the most meaningful ones.

Regressed means a less developed product and in the case of OSU, under Day they have had a worse season each and every year. He's done that while having guys like CJ Stroud, Garret Wilson, Chris Olave, Marvin Harrison Jr., and Emeka Ebuka......one can argue he's even flopped.

That is all they ever were and that would be a shame to have them go away.
No. Final rankings always came out after the bowls. Players didn't opt out. Going to a bowl was fun because that's all we had for years. The playoffs will dwarf them. Now it's okay to still say you like/prefer them but the demand for a change is against you.

Is McCord obviously better than Sorsby? It’d be an interesting computer-generated analysis to see them swap teams. Would OSU lose to more than Michigan with Sorsby? Would we win more than one freaking B1G game with McCord? (Damn, I hope I never have to type or say ONE B1G WIN ever again!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT