ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to the D today!!

That's kudos to everyone other than the guy who picked up the bonehead Taunting call... Never an excuse for that...

Reactions: ulrey
That's kudos to everyone other than the guy who picked up the bonehead Taunting call... Never an excuse for that...
I'm going to defend him, because all he did was the exact same thing DBs do all the time in every single game when they break up a pass. An emphatic incomplete sign, and he didn't even linger on it. That's not a flag on any player who doesn't have "Indiana" on their jersey.

I'm going to defend him, because all he did was the exact same thing DBs do all the time in every single game when they break up a pass. An emphatic incomplete sign, and he didn't even linger on it. That's not a flag on any player who doesn't have "Indiana" on their jersey.
I didn't seen a replay, but recall that he made verbal comments to the OSU player after the gesture.

Reactions: vesuvius13
If you (an INDIANA player) know you're going to get the flag for it you've got to have enough sense not to give the ref anything to call... Its simple...

Reactions: midwolfe

He was okay with the arm waving, but he did the sword thing where they put it in their holder or whatever it is.

You can't stand there over the receiver like that and expect to not get a flag.

I didn't seen a replay, but recall that he made verbal comments to the OSU player after the gesture.
So what. It's a stupid rule and should be done away with. Are they afraid of hurting someone's feelings. Boo hoo

It was a cheap call to say the least. It is always amazing to see how bad iu football can get bent over in Memorial Stadium by the Big Ten crews.

Of course when you don't demonstrate any pride from an administration perspective, I guess it's to be expected.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I posted this elsewhere...but worth noting:

As of this morning, PFF has the following players B1G ranking for total defensive grades:

Philip Dunham #14 (#7 S)
Aaron Casey #30 (#7 LB)
Philip Blidi #39 (#12 DL)
Nicolas Toomer #67 (#18 CB)
Andre Carter #72 (#11 Edge)
Noah Pierre #91 (#24 S)

These scores could still move a little as PFF is still working through their final evaluations for the weekend.

Really proud of all the guys...just need to put another good week together.

Aaron Casey, Carter, Magnum-Farrar and many of the DBs played their hearts out. The O gave them no breaks today. Still need more DL push and especially pass rush. The DBs had to cover way too long.
Agree, but I saw Jake Butt on the B1G channel, and he attributed the weak O showing by OSU to the new QB and them not getting their 2 great WRs engaged. Didn't say anything about IU's D. Doesn't explain that they didn't push our D around and the tackles for no gain or losses. I've watched the IU/OSU games for years and they usually manhandle our guys. Not this year, we went toe to toe with them.
'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT