ADVERTISEMENT

Knight appears at Greenwood (link)

The angry, aging wizard visits the campus to finally lift his curse through the magical golf cart portal.

All is good now. The spell has been lifted. The guy may have not known he was actually in Bloomington yesterday but the curse was erased.

I’m expecting a golden age of Hoosier sports following this visit. Good things to come.

RMK was terminated.

The other employee was allowed to stay at the university for another 10+ years. Wasn't demoted, wasn't disciplined in any way.

We can all see what's happened to the basketball program and the university since.

Well, most of us can.
That you would would equate the actions of the two says everything. One isolated incident versus 29 years of poor behavior. Most people don’t ignore the facts that you choose to.

trea·son
/ˈtrēzən/
noun

1. the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
    "they were convicted of treason"
    synonyms: treachery, lese-majesty; More
    • the action of betraying someone or something.
I'd say telling a person that's committed to your employer that they should reconsider their commitment is the very definition of "the action of betraying someone or something."
How was Knight betrayed? Unless you’re willing to apply the same standard to his actions, you’re way off base. Or a hypocrite.

How was Knight betrayed? Unless you’re willing to apply the same standard to his actions, you’re way off base. Or a hypocrite.
An IU athletic department employee telling an IU basketball recruit (and Top 10 player) that he should reconsider his commitment to the IU basketball program isn’t a betrayal of the IU basketball coach?

Yikes.

You’re further gone than I thought, and I had you somewhere around Uranus.

He was terminated. Fact.

The other employee stayed for 10+ years with no repercussions. Fact.

I’m not ignoring facts. Fact.

You are. Fact.
Please tell us the details of the complaint filed against that employee, who filed it, and how it was adjudicated. This should include the punishment, if any, meted out. Please share the facts of that matter. And please try to not pull them from Uranus, as you’ve done so far. And please don’t make excuses if you can’t. Just admit you don’t know the facts.

Please tell us the details of the complaint filed against that employee, who filed it, and how it was adjudicated. This should include the punishment, if any, meted out. Please share the facts of that matter. And please try to not pull them from Uranus, as you’ve done so far. And please don’t make excuses if you can’t. Just admit you don’t know the facts.
Tom Jeffries filed the complaint.

You know, Jared Jeffries’ father.

No one from IU did a thing. As a matter of fact, they allowed the treasonous employee to stick around IU for another 10+ years.

Get your own material, Uranus. You continue to embarrass yourself.

Tom Jeffries filed the complaint.

You know, Jared Jeffries’ father.

No one from IU did a thing. As a matter of fact, they allowed the treasonous employee to stick around IU for another 10+ years.

Get your own material, Uranus. You continue to embarrass yourself.
Tom Jeffries filed a formal complaint with IU? Alleging what damages? And what standing did he have, by the way? And IU did nothing with his formal, public complaint? Into whose hands did it go? What were the details of the investigation? Who was interviewed by IU? Lots of details you’ve left out, and we know why. Please produce a copy of all of that, if you can. If you can’t, please let us know you pulled yet another one from Uranus. Your lack of honesty grows with every post.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Tom Jeffries filed a formal complaint with IU? Alleging what damages? And what standing did he have, by the way? And IU did nothing with his formal, public complaint? Into whose hands did it go? What were the details of the investigation? Who was interviewed by IU? Lots of details you’ve left out, and we know why. Please produce a copy of all of that, if you can. If you can’t, please let us know you pulled yet another one from Uranus. Your lack of honesty grows with every post.
Nice tap out. You're embarrassing yourself.

On multiple levels.

That's not surprising, given your history.

First you stated he had defenders and advocates .....

I offered evidence that showed that there were people in the IU administration that were in fact neither defending nor advocating for him, they were in fact undermining his efforts by telling a Top 10 recruit he should reconsider his choice to play at IU, and that nothing was done about this egregious behavior. I termed that behavior deplorable.

You then accused me of lying .....

I didn't make a false claim, I provided evidence that showed there were people inside of IU's athletic department working against RMK. You can't refute that evidence, so you accuse me of lying, then you state that I'm deflecting by bringing up "The Litany" .....

..... when in fact I didn't excuse RMK's behavior, I stated that IU allowing someone within the athletic department to continue working for IU after telling JJ he should reconsider his commitment to IU was deplorable.

You've offered nothing - at all - to refute that statement, but instead are doing the very deflecting you accuse me of.

That's just pitiful.

not taking sides or calling you a liar but you told a story. that is not evidence of anything as it just as easily could be untrue. you did not even provide a name unless i missed it as i skimmed a bit. my point is people here keep calling their opinions facts and stories evidence.

not taking sides or calling you a liar but you told a story. that is not evidence of anything as it just as easily could be untrue. you did not even provide a name unless i missed it as i skimmed a bit. my point is people here keep calling their opinions facts and stories evidence.
He (Tom Jeffries) went on the radio to "tell a story." Not sure what he had to gain by doing so.

He (Tom Jeffries) went on the radio to "tell a story." Not sure what he had to gain by doing so.
never heard that. was that while his son was at iu? what radio show? mostly, who was the person in iu admin that told jeffries to reconsider?

Karma's a bitch, Knight.

And it's playing the long game.

The Drinkers may dismiss this as just me being trollish, but honestly, Bob Knight's finally paying the price for being such a rotten human being all his life.
Well then I’m sure Karma will be paying a visit to you in due time.

never heard that. was that while his son was at iu? what radio show? mostly, who was the person in iu admin that told jeffries to reconsider?

I don't know what the big deal is about not naming names, but the person widely believed to have been the culprit was Mary Ann Rohleder. Back in the days of the previous versions of this board, where insiders weren't anonymous frauds like Ordfan, those in the know (maybe even Reamer) revealed that Jeffries received a letter on IU stationary telling him not to select IU, and it was believed to have come from her.

During Knight's last year, she was observed openly cheering for Ohio State in a critical late season home game. She was also responsible for F'ing up George Leach's compliance deliberately or by ineptitude (take your pick) making him ineligible for Knight's last season. George was a marginal player, but Knight's last season was sorely lacking in height depth and they came so close to duplicating 1989, you never know how much George might have helped get them over the top.

At the rally for Knight in the spring of 2000 that Laz and others spoke at, she had her Varsity Club husband out taking pictures of who was there, i.e. taking names as part of the AD civil war. This was all affirmed by Peegs who at the same time was eliciting donations from suckers like me to pay for a billboard supporting Coach. Then spineless Peegs did a 180 after he was fired so that he wouldn't lose his cushy website gig and have to go back to work in a real job.

Knight mentioned Rohleder in his book by name as vindictive and one who had vowed to get him fired. At the same time that Surfboard Fred was trying to cajole Knight to come back, he was giving that shrew the Bill Orwig award. To say that "all the administrators involved with his firing were gone" at that time was BS and obviously Knight knew it.

I don't know what the big deal is about not naming names, but the person widely believed to have been the culprit was Mary Ann Rohleder. Back in the days of the previous versions of this board, where insiders weren't anonymous frauds like Ordfan, those in the know (maybe even Reamer) revealed that Jeffries received a letter on IU stationary telling him not to select IU, and it was believed to have come from her.

During Knight's last year, she was observed openly cheering for Ohio State in a critical late season home game. She was also responsible for F'ing up George Leach's compliance deliberately or by ineptitude (take your pick) making him ineligible for Knight's last season. George was a marginal player, but Knight's last season was sorely lacking in height depth and they came so close to duplicating 1989, you never know how much George might have helped get them over the top.

At the rally for Knight in the spring of 2000 that Laz and others spoke at, she had her Varsity Club husband out taking pictures of who was there, i.e. taking names as part of the AD civil war. This was all affirmed by Peegs who at the same time was eliciting donations from suckers like me to pay for a billboard supporting Coach. Then spineless Peegs did a 180 after he was fired so that he wouldn't lose his cushy website gig and have to go back to work in a real job.

Knight mentioned Rohleder in his book by name as vindictive and one who had vowed to get him fired. At the same time that Surfboard Fred was trying to cajole Knight to come back, he was giving that shrew the Bill Orwig award. To say that "all the administrators involved with his firing were gone" at that time was BS and obviously Knight knew it.
It was backyard, backdoor, backstabbing betrayal of the worst kind!!

It was not during a game, it was after a game.

Even good fans get the BK stories wrong. Hell, a former player who was in the infamous Russian game recently misremembered how that event transpired,

This is exactly right.
Well done.

Reactions: ovaltine

wowsa. thanks for the backdrop. i never even heard of her. did you learn about this by reading knight's book? we need more posts like this here

Reactions: hoosier8760
Well then I’m sure Karma will be paying a visit to you in due time.

Oh, come now. Can't a man knock a notorious asshole while he's still alive? I'd rather do it than when he's dead and the same people then complain that I'm being a "cheap shot artist" going after someone who can't defend himself anymore.

Oh, come now. Can't a man knock a notorious asshole while he's still alive? I'd rather do it than when he's dead and the same people then complain that I'm being a "cheap shot artist" going after someone who can't defend himself anymore.

Don’t sweat it. You’re viewed as a hate-filled, cheap-shot artist as it is right now...

This is a fabulous work of fiction. You guys never will give up the lie, no matter how desperate you appear.

I don't think it is fair to have articles like this and the Indy Star basically pointing out that a person is getting older and struggles with memory. It

Journalists are not medical professionals and RMK's struggles should be private unless he is ready to tell the public. I don't want articles like this to drive him into seclusion or retreat from his daily activities. Thanks to telling me something that is none of my business, we may have seen the last of RMK in public. Anyone yhat is left holding out hope for a final curtain call in SSAH should give that up.

My son is a sports journalist and we disagree sometimes about the media, but I hope he would treat someone like RMK with more respect.
Except in this circumstance it was a public event for which you had to buy a ticket to attend. I do think that his professing his love for coaching in Indiana as the best time in his life was the first step towards getting inside assembly hall again. The baseball game was the next step . I can see him returning to assembly hall with a video tribute that includes prepared words from RMK. And If and when it happens it will be a great day of reconciliation.

Reactions: hoosier8760
the person widely believed to have been the culprit was Mary Ann Rohleder. Back in the days of the previous versions of this board, where insiders weren't anonymous frauds like Ordfan, those in the know (maybe even Reamer) revealed that Jeffries received a letter on IU stationary telling him not to select IU, and it was believed to have come from her.
Assuming that happened, and there's no "innocent" reason for her to have done it, why is it thought she'd have done that? I've heard claims RMK wasn't nice to work with. Did he do something to her? To someone else?

Too bad you didn’t see him in Bloomington over the weekend and tell z
Except in this circumstance it was a public event for which you had to buy a ticket to attend. I do think that his professing his love for coaching in Indiana as the best time in his life was the first step towards getting inside assembly hall again. The baseball game was the next step . I can see him returning to assembly hall with a video tribute that includes prepared words from RMK. And If and when it happens it will be a great day of reconciliation.
it will in some ways be a very sad day. Depending on how it’s handled there won’t be a dry eye in Assembly Hall. We were so unbelievably fortunate to have had those magical years.

I guess Dan Patrick was saying on his show that Knight is looking to move back to Bloomington. I didn't hear it myself but others have verified that it was said. Whether he's correct or not remains to be seen.

I don't think it is fair to have articles like this and the Indy Star basically pointing out that a person is getting older and struggles with memory. It

Journalists are not medical professionals and RMK's struggles should be private unless he is ready to tell the public. I don't want articles like this to drive him into seclusion or retreat from his daily activities. Thanks to telling me something that is none of my business, we may have seen the last of RMK in public. Anyone yhat is left holding out hope for a final curtain call in SSAH should give that up.

My son is a sports journalist and we disagree sometimes about the media, but I hope he would treat someone like RMK with more respect.
Yes except he was appearing at a public event. If he is in failing mental health and wants his condition and inability to be coherent kept private, than appearing at an event called "An Evening with Bob Knight" probably isn't the way to go about that.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Yes except he was appearing at a public event. If he is in failing mental health and wants his condition and inability to be coherent kept private, than appearing at an event called "An Evening with Bob Knight" probably isn't the way to go about that.
So, it is okay for uninformed people to play doctor and spread rumors about someone? If he does have what people are claiming, they must feel pretty big for picking on a sick person and disclosing something before he was ready.

People have a right to privacy. They most definitely don't need people making up what they don' know. People posting or writing he has dementia or Alzheimer's need to stop and let the man live. There are many temporary and permanent reasons for confusion.

So, it is okay for uninformed people to play doctor and spread rumors about someone? If he does have what people are claiming, they must feel pretty big for picking on a sick person and disclosing something before he was ready.

People have a right to privacy. They most definitely don't need people making up what they don' know. People posting or writing he has dementia or Alzheimer's need to stop and let the man live. There are many temporary and permanent reasons for confusion.
It is called common sense. He has dementia and as Jimbo noted above he is finding peace from his grudges while he still can. You don’t need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Reactions: 82hoosier

I don't know if he has a diagnosis. What I do know is what he said and how he appeared at his public event the other night. Again, IF he has diminished faculties, he should stop doing public speaking events if he's concerned about privacy concerning his condition. When you speak publicly as a celebrity, you open yourself up to scrutiny regarding the things you say.

I don't know if he has a diagnosis. What I do know is what he said and how he appeared at his public event the other night. Again, IF he has diminished faculties, he should stop doing public speaking events if he's concerned about privacy concerning his condition. When you speak publicly as a celebrity, you open yourself up to scrutiny regarding the things you say.
It is up to RMK if he should stop or continue to speak.

I guess people feel if they pay money for something, the person receiving the money forfeits common courtesy and allows everyone to become a medical professional to diagnose any ailment from their seats. Report that Knight seemed tired and confused if you want. It should stop there.

It is up to RMK if he should stop or continue to speak.

I guess people feel if they pay money for something, the person receiving the money forfeits common courtesy and allows everyone to become a medical professional to diagnose any ailment from their seats. Report that Knight seemed tired and confused if you want. It should stop there.
I think you're just getting your panties in a wad because it's RMK we're talking about. When a celebrity is speaking publicly and is showing clear signs of dementia, it's not out of line for folks to speculate as to whether they are demented. If Coach doesn't want people to observe his dementia, then he shouldn't give them that opportunity. You're right, it's his choice.

I think you're just getting your panties in a wad because it's RMK we're talking about. When a celebrity is speaking publicly and is showing clear signs of dementia, it's not out of line for folks to speculate as to whether they are demented. If Coach doesn't want people to observe his dementia, then he shouldn't give them that opportunity. You're right, it's his choice.
No, I am married to a healthcare administrator that deals with matters of privacy and legal issues about the release of information every day. Privacy is the same regardless of if it is an old person with no next of kin or RMK.

What are the clear signs of dementia? Memory issues are just one of many. There are many others that would prevent him from getting in front of a crowd to speak. After my mom's stroke and year long struggle to recover, she had many cognitive tests. One doctor accused her of dementia to cover their ass after she fell out of bed. They put her on a bad pan and forgot about her. She didn't have dementia and forget she was not able to walk. She was trying to remove the bed pan because it hurt.

Medications and other conditions can give patients confusion. Older people that have their normal schedule interrupted by illness or change of locations can have a temporary dementia. We learned that mom would become confused when her CO2 level got too high due to her airway issues following her stroke. A breathing treatment cleared everything up

Until RMK or a family spokesman say different, he was an older gentleman having a bad day. If he wants us to know anything else, he can call the Indy Star. Don't hold your breath on that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT