ADVERTISEMENT

Knight appears at Greenwood (link)

Again, your inherent bias doesn’t make room for any intelligent thought. You see nothing because you’re unable to understand anything on this topic. Your lack of insight regarding Knight’s tenure at IU has already been confirmed. More simply put, you aren’t what you claim, and you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.
What do you mean I’m not what I claim? You really don’t say much when you write

These people trashing Knight have no honor. Knight did so much more for IU then IU for Knight. So what he grabbed Neil Reed by the throat my junior high coaches did as much and no one even complained to anyone. Felling releasing the tape was the effin pot calling the kettle black. He did things in Lawrenceville as a high school coach that were more unacceptable if you apply this standard. I can only believe some of the assistant coaches knew that they could screw him by influencing weak minded people to fire him. I guarantee you Felling didn’t do it because he felt some responsibility to humanity to release the tape. In my view the final measure of a man is his honor. Would you want him at your back in a foxhole with the enemy coming through the wire. I would take Knight before any of these bleaters about reprehensible behavior. Jeez it sounds like he put people in the hospital and was suspected in a couple murders when I read some of these posts. It kills me when people bring up the interview with the comment about rape. He didn’t rape anyone for Goodness sake but only used an old aphorism.

If he would have still been there instead of Davis using his players then they had a good chance of another championship.

The negative posters here have a golden opportunity to find him in Bloomington and actually tell him to his face how rotten a person he is and how he destroyed IU.

I have not seen another legendary college coach who won multiple national championships get forced out and not be there in the crowd of where he had coached like some retired coaches tend to do.
That was all RMK's choices.

IMHO, the biggest tragedy is that he will never walk into a packed Assembly Hall, one last time, and get his long-overdue, final tribute from the fans. Perhaps with many of the past players on hand. Really wish he could forego the bitterness for 30 minutes and let that happen. Would be very cathartic for the entire Hoosier nation. It's not going to happen, and that's a shame for both RMK and the fan base.

I can understand why he wouldn’t want to come back. Generally speaking, I think people don’t consider the circus that would surround his return to Bloomington. From as soon as word leaked out that he was going to come back to the actual moment he arrived, his phone would be ringing off the hook with every national media outlet wanting an interview; and you know that the subject of his firing would eventually come up. I’m sure he has no love lost for the people who were in charge at that time, but I think he might be exaggerating it a little bit as way of avoiding having to deal with those questions almost 20 years after the fact.

If I didn’t believe RMK had any culpability in his own dismissal, why did I state this .....

You’re wrong.

Again.

The actions of that one person were shared by that person’s boss and the boss’s +1. Treason is one of the most serious offenses any organization can endure, and it normally ends in multiple terminations because of the damage it causes to the structure of the organization.

Yet no one - not a single person - in the IU administration lost their job over the treasonous act.

I’m not deflecting. You are.

And it’s really pitiful to watch.
Ah, now your simple deflection has morphed into an act of “treason”? Priceless are the lengths some will go to defend him. It matters not a wit to you that someone whom Knight had treated reprehensible you finally pushed back, only that they dared do so to someone whom you believe was beyond the reach of any authority or discipline of any kind. It’s what Knight always believed and what his enablers embraced. At least you’re willing to acknowledge that reality. Many of his robotic supporters will not.

Can’t believe you have the nerve to call someone else in this thread disingenuous. Pot meet kettle. I’ve asked you repeatedly to name just one of these people who you say was an advocate for RMK that he trashed and you can’t do it. Or you won’t do it because you know that as soon as you put a name on your accusation that I’ll be able to blow their credibility out of the water. You’re a joke.
I won’t do it because those names would be meaningless to someone like you who isn’t or never was familiar with the people who ran IU during Knight’s days at the University. You have no leg to stand on here, such is empty rhetoric, and you’ve admitted as much.

I think to be fair, (total speculation on my part), early after his dismissal he was not welcome back to campus. It wasn’t until the full extent of the alumni revolt and money drying up did the University primarily the AD department make an effort to mend the bridge. I always felt that the school needed to make the effort first and, if Knight rejected it, could claim the higher ground. It allowed the fan base to move on. But make no mistake, there was a huge faction that didn’t want to extend the gesture...

Reactions: CriticArisen
Ah, now your simple deflection has morphed into an act of “treason”? Priceless are the lengths some will go to defend him. It matters not a wit to you that someone whom Knight had treated reprehensible you finally pushed back, only that they dared do so to someone whom you believe was beyond the reach of any authority or discipline of any kind. It’s what Knight always believed and what his enablers embraced. At least you’re willing to acknowledge that reality. Many of his robotic supporters will not.
Repeat after me-reprehensible

They are robotics enablers
They are robotic enablers

Right-what BS.

I won’t do it because those names would be meaningless to someone like you who isn’t or never was familiar with the people who ran IU during Knight’s days at the University. You have no leg to stand on here, such is empty rhetoric, and you’ve admitted as much.

See how he’s moving the ball now, folks? Earlier it was a “who’s who” of people at IU during RMK’s tenure, including FORMER PLAYERS, now, suddenly the names, “would be meaningless” to someone like me. If it wasn’t obvious before, it should be now, that this guy is a fraud...

The truth can hurt. Is the media supposed to hide that RMK is in poor health? Goodness.

It's not that they reported he was struggling, it was the PLAY BY PLAY of every misstep that was completely unnecessary. Some would say it is just desserts for a guy who manhandled the media for so many years, but to me, at his age and his health it's just piling on.

See how he’s moving the ball now, folks? Earlier it was a “who’s who” of people at IU during RMK’s tenure, including FORMER PLAYERS, now, suddenly the names, “would be meaningless” to someone like me. If it wasn’t obvious before, it should be now, that this guy is a fraud...
I’ve moved nothing. Your posts indicate that you have little familiarity with IU during the Knight years. The names would, in fact, be meaningless to someone like you who knows so little about the program and the University. The only fraud is you for pretending you had any insight. You do not.

Gotta know when to hang up your spurs and whether grudges are worth keeping (they normally aren't, life's too short). That's sad.
How, with dementia, would a person know it was time to hang up the spurs? These people can remember forty years ago, but cannot remember one minute ago. Let Knight and those who are close to him do what he and they think is right and appropriate. The rest of us should not be critical and wish him and his loved ones the best.

How many burned their IU Diplomas bearing M Brand’s name? I got a new one. Did he have issues? Yes. Did he need attitude adjusted? Yes.... does anyone agree with the way it was done? No... and given to an outsider to do.... the University didn’t just burn their link to the past, they burnt their link to everything “Indiana”. We now have Indiana Hoosiers and Indiana University Hoosiers. There IS a difference. I went to Elementary School in Bloomington and Graduated from IU. I know what he did at our school when I was a kid. Bigger than life.

As crass as it sounds, I was glad Brand got the send off he received.... I wonder who and where he is missed other than family? Not

I need an AfeckingMen button for this!! I have been forced to understand that IU has a very loud Pussy fan base.

You’re embarrassing yourself. I stated very clearly he shares the blame.

You’re flailing around, resorting to obfuscation to defend your indefensible position.

Someone in the IU athletic department told an IU commit to reconsider their choice after the player committed to IU.

That’s treasonous behavior.

Unless you don’t understand the meaning of the word “treason.”

Which is entirely possible, given your limited intellect.

Someone in the IU athletic department told an IU commit to reconsider their choice after the player committed to IU.

It is also the behavior of a weak person who cannot confront a person or a problem head-on. Instead they resort to backstabbing and sabotage and setting people up to fail.

You’re embarrassing yourself. I stated very clearly he shares the blame.

You’re flailing around, resorting to obfuscation to defend your indefensible position.

Unless you don’t understand the meaning of the word “treason.”

Which is entirely possible, given your limited intellect.
By using the word “treason” you render yourself an absolute joke but, if that’s really your disingenuous deflection, then Knight committed “treason” when he openly defied both Brand and the Trustees by refusing to remain in Bloomington when asked after the Harvey incident. Nothing could be, in your warped view, a greater act of treason than that, yet Knight did it. Of course, I’d never make the intellectually dishonest argument that you just did, which is clearly an act of desperation on your part. And I’d never make the argument that Knight’s staunchest Trustee defender, Steve Ferguson, was “treasonous” when he facilitated the visit of Sean May to Texas Tech. Doing so would make me a disingenuous and pitifully stupid as you, and I’d wish that on no one. You’ve taken excuse-making for Knight to a new level and, in the process, revealed yourself to be as unintelligent as any of his drooling sycophants. Congratulations on the dishonor.

By using the word “treason” you render yourself an absolute joke but, if that’s really your disingenuous deflection, then Knight committed “treason” when he openly defied both Brand and the Trustees by refusing to remain in Bloomington when asked after the Harvey incident. Nothing could be, in your warped view, a greater act of treason than that, yet Knight did it. Of course, I’d never make the intellectually dishonest argument that you just did, which is clearly an act of desperation on your part. And I’d never make the argument that Knight’s staunchest Trustee defender, Steve Ferguson, was “treasonous” when he facilitated the visit of Sean May to Texas Tech. Doing so would make me a disingenuous and pitifully stupid as you, and I’d wish that on no one. You’ve taken excuse-making for Knight to a new level and, in the process, revealed yourself to be as unintelligent as any of his drooling sycophants. Congratulations on the dishonor.
Please explain why RMK not remaining in Bloomington was backstabbing by a weak person. I really don’t see the analogy here.

Please explain why RMK not remaining in Bloomington was backstabbing by a weak person. I really don’t see the analogy here.
I didn’t claim Knight not remaining in Bloomington was “backstabbing by a weak person”. Those are your words, not mine, and it wouldn’t be an analog to anything, either.

You know RMK may have had regrets about some of his actions but with respect to Harvey he had no regrets. The punk disrespected him and he responded in a measured manner.

Reactions: ulrey
I didn’t claim Knight not remaining in Bloomington was “backstabbing by a weak person”. Those are your words, not mine, and it wouldn’t be an analog to anything, either.
Someone in the athletic department told jj not to come to IU because he wanted to damage Knight. He didn’t confront Knight directly but tried behind the scenes to stab him in the back. This was treasonous in that he did this in secret. On the other hand Knight with no subterfuge ignored the order of Brand because he very openly didn’t agree with the direction the investigation was taking. In the case of jj this was intended to hurt Knight and the IU basketball program so treasonous while in the second case Knight was taking full and open responsibility for his decision not to comply (responsibility that only he would bear) so not treasonous.

Had Sean committed to IU?

Nope.

You stated RMK had “defenders and advocates.”

I provided evidence that people within the IU athletic department were working against him and the basketball program, and not a single person within the IU administration did anything to prevent it or correct it - the person that told JJ to reconsider his commitment to IU continued to work for IU for more than a decade.

That you can’t see the deplorable nature of those actions says a lot about your values, and the illogical prism through which you view things.

Had Sean committed to IU?

Nope.

You stated RMK had “defenders and advocates.”

I provided evidence that people within the IU athletic department were working against him and the basketball program, and not a single person within the IU administration did anything to prevent it or correct it - the person that told JJ to reconsider his commitment to IU continued to work for IU for more than a decade.

That you can’t see the deplorable nature of those actions says a lot about your values, and the illogical prism through which you view things.
You cited the actions of one person who, in one instance, did something negative toward Knight. There are literally hundreds of instances where Knight did deplorable things to people, including openly defying his boss. That you continue to defend and excuse such horrible behavior says everything about you and the sycophants that shelved any integrity you might’ve had in deference to your worship of him.

Someone in the athletic department told jj not to come to IU because he wanted to damage Knight. He didn’t confront Knight directly but tried behind the scenes to stab him in the back. This was treasonous in that he did this in secret. On the other hand Knight with no subterfuge ignored the order of Brand because he very openly didn’t agree with the direction the investigation was taking. In the case of jj this was intended to hurt Knight and the IU basketball program so treasonous while in the second case Knight was taking full and open responsibility for his decision not to comply (responsibility that only he would bear) so not treasonous.
If you or Ovaltine knew anything about Knight, you’d know he is a student of military history. Nonetheless, he openly disobeyed his superior, something that would earn a soldier a dishonorable discharge. Not surprisingly, he was dishonorably discharged from IU for his treasonous actions, and deservedly so. And he never took responsibility, which is the ultimate act of a coward.

Reactions: FireTomAllen
Can’t believe you have the nerve to call someone else in this thread disingenuous. Pot meet kettle. I’ve asked you repeatedly to name just one of these people who you say was an advocate for RMK that he trashed and you can’t do it. Or you won’t do it because you know that as soon as you put a name on your accusation that I’ll be able to blow their credibility out of the water. You’re a joke.
If you or Ovaltine knew anything about Knight, you’d know he is a student of military history. Nonetheless, he openly disobeyed his superior, something that would earn a soldier a dishonorable discharge. Not surprisingly, he was dishonorably discharged from IU for his treasonous actions, and deservedly so. And he never took responsibility, which is the ultimate act of a coward.
Well established that your duty is not to obey an order you believe to be unlawful. The problem is a higher authority will then determine if it is disobedience (not treason) or you were in fact obligated to disobey the order.

You really shouldn’t try to appear superior on a message board by just writing that people that don’t agree with you are stupid. You throw a bunch of BS together and mix it up and then label anyone that questions your position as stupid.

Well established that your duty is not to obey an order you believe to be unlawful. The problem is a higher authority will then determine if it is disobedience (not treason) or you were in fact obligated to disobey the order.

You really shouldn’t try to appear superior on a message board by just writing that people that don’t agree with you are stupid. You throw a bunch of BS together and mix it up and then label anyone that questions your position as stupid.

Because Ordfan is a know it all troll. This has literally been his M.O. since before Knight was fired and every time he pops up with a new screen name he baits people into getting into these thread long arguments with him where he gets to tell you how much he knows about the inner workings of IU and how much the rest of us don't.

He just gets people to chase a moving point for days. Kudos dude, you get people to scratch your itch for you.

Because Ordfan is a know it all troll. This has literally been his M.O. since before Knight was fired and every time he pops up with a new screen name he baits people into getting into these thread long arguments with him where he gets to tell you how much he knows about the inner workings of IU and how much the rest of us don't.

He just gets people to chase a moving point for days. Kudos dude, you get people to scratch your itch for you.
Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

Uh, no. But thanks for wading into the conversation.

Thanks for the heads up.

If everyone puts him on ignore he will give up and seek attention elsewhere. Otherwise it is just a matter of time until he gets banned for the 56th time for poor behavior. Oh, and his current MO is ypto accuse everyone else (including me) of being banned just like him.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
You cited the actions of one person who, in one instance, did something negative toward Knight. There are literally hundreds of instances where Knight did deplorable things to people, including openly defying his boss. That you continue to defend and excuse such horrible behavior says everything about you and the sycophants that shelved any integrity you might’ve had in deference to your worship of him.
No, that person did something negative toward the IU basketball program and the university (the basketball program being part of the university), and that person's manager and manager +1 allowed that person to remain at the university for another decade plus.

This is pretty simple.

Which explains why you can't grasp the simple concepts that are involved.

Especially when the unlawful order comes from someone at least indirectly involved in treasonous behavior.

Well said.

No, that person did something negative toward the IU basketball program and the university (the basketball program being part of the university), and that person's manager and manager +1 allowed that person to remain at the university for another decade plus.

This is pretty simple.

Which explains why you can't grasp the simple concepts that are involved.
I’ve never challenged that it was wrong or that the person in question should’ve been disciplined, just like Knight should’ve been for the many things he did to damage the Unoversity and the basketball program. Why you can’t grasp your obvious hypocrisy on this is anyone’s guess, though I have a pretty good one.

Especially when the unlawful order comes from someone at least indirectly involved in treasonous behavior.

Well said.
Unlawful? There was nothing unlawful in any way. Why do you continue to make things up in order to justify the unjustifiable? Your whole notion of treason is so disingenuous and intellectually dishonest that it renders anything you say as having no credibility.

I see ord is back and being entertained by some that have fallen for his BS again. Insert facepalm

Thank you for taking a stand on "irregardless." It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Got this from Google.

"Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ... The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one."

[
If everyone puts him on ignore he will give up and seek attention elsewhere. Otherwise it is just a matter of time until he gets banned for the 56th time for poor behavior. Oh, and his current MO is ypto accuse everyone else (including me) of being banned just like him.
Congrats again on the amnesty

I’ve never challenged that it was wrong or that the person in question should’ve been disciplined, just like Knight should’ve been for the many things he did to damage the Unoversity and the basketball program. Why you can’t grasp your obvious hypocrisy on this is anyone’s guess, though I have a pretty good one.
RMK was terminated.

The other employee was allowed to stay at the university for another 10+ years. Wasn't demoted, wasn't disciplined in any way.

We can all see what's happened to the basketball program and the university since.

Well, most of us can.

I can understand your frustration. RMK did a lot of great things for the University and for his student athletes. But you can’t dispute anything the original poster said that has set you off. He was his own worst enemy. He did try to tear down the program after he left. He did thumb his nose at the administration. He took a microphone onto the court during a game to tell his critics to kiss his ass. And then he committed his worst offense. He stopped winning championships.
It was not during a game, it was after a game.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Unlawful? There was nothing unlawful in any way. Why do you continue to make things up in order to justify the unjustifiable? Your whole notion of treason is so disingenuous and intellectually dishonest that it renders anything you say as having no credibility.
trea·son
/ˈtrēzən/
noun

1. the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
    "they were convicted of treason"
    synonyms: treachery, lese-majesty; More
    • the action of betraying someone or something.
I'd say telling a person that's committed to your employer that they should reconsider their commitment is the very definition of "the action of betraying someone or something."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT