ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Wilson new OSU OC....

Zizkov

Nov 25, 2002
Prague
any bets on next season game?

Ohio State has confirmed the hiring of former Indiana coach Kevin Wilson as its new offensive coordinator. Urban Meyer vowed to upgrade his passing attack and diversify the power-spread playbook after the shutout loss in the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, and Wilson is more than capable of providing that help for the Buckeyes. Newly-hired QB coach Ryan Day will serve as Wilson's co-offensive coordinator.

Ohio State has confirmed the hiring of former Indiana coach Kevin Wilson as its new offensive coordinator. Urban Meyer vowed to upgrade his passing attack and diversify the power-spread playbook after the shutout loss in the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, and Wilson is more than capable of providing that help for the Buckeyes. Newly-hired QB coach Ryan Day will serve as Wilson's co-offensive coordinator.
Yeah this has been out for a while.

I'll take IU by 3 in triple Overtime. :D//that's a prediction not a bet, I'm not willing to give up my anonymity to collect;)//

CO-Offensive Coordinator?

I don't see that working well with Wilson as a "co".

Reactions: iueyedoc99
CO-Offensive Coordinator?

I don't see that working well with Wilson as a "co".

The "co" title is about as meaningful as the of most "VPs" in the business world. Doesn't really change duties or the org chart, just a mark of recognition. Kevin Johns was Co-OC to Littrell who also had the full OC title

The "co" title is about as meaningful as the of most "VPs" in the business world. Doesn't really change duties or the org chart, just a mark of recognition. Kevin Johns was Co-OC to Littrell who also had the full OC title
It becomes meaningful if the other guy effs up. Meyer's no fool. He knows Wilson can help the team but he's also well aware of the baggage he brings. Day will be available to step up, just in case.

Their OL was their Achilles Heel.

Even though he's technically not the OL coach he can't run his offense without it functioning at a high level so he'll find a way to toughen that group up or get fired trying...; and somehow I doubt "the" Ohio State will fire him for being too tough on players unless he doesn't get results...

It becomes meaningful if the other guy effs up. Meyer's no fool. He knows Wilson can help the team but he's also well aware of the baggage he brings. Day will be available to step up, just in case.
It also becomes meaningful if Wilson continues to struggle with recruiting, something that Meyer doesn't tolerate.

And here I thought OSU just confirmed it yesterday. Where have I been?
They did but we knew this was going to happen for about a week and there were already threads about it.

I am very much a Wilson fan. He did a ton for IU. Sorry it ended the way it did.

Wonder if he will be on sideline or in the box?

But hopefully game is close at end of first half and end of game...Good chance OSU offense will have burned their timeouts by then with their new OC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT