ADVERTISEMENT

Just Confirmed: IU will have a new coach NEXT YEAR

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
I had breakfast today with an old friend who is about as close to the IU athletic department as anyone. A name that most posters here would probably recognize, especially if you live close to Bloomington/Indianapolis. He confirmed that Crean is definitely out at year's end and the coaching search is already underway behind the scenes. Crean is aware of this, as you would expect.

I had been told months ago that Crean would not be extended again, but it was pretty much a 50/50 from what I was hearing on whether or not he would be back next year. This was before the season. Today is the first time I heard from someone in the know that it would definitely end this year. Just passing along. Will post more when I get more information.

There is NO possible way it was a 50-50 question on keeping Crean before the season even started. These threads are always fun, but keep it more realistic. You ALMOST had me...

And also, you may want to double check what confirmed means.

There is NO possible way it was a 50-50 question on keeping Crean before the season even started. These threads are always fun, but keep it more realistic. You ALMOST had me...

And also, you may want to double check what confirmed means.
Believe it or not, the people close to the program I was talking to before the season thought it was 50/50. That's why Crean wasn't extended last season. It was going to be this year or next all along. It was 50/50 because no one knew when Glass would have the best opportunity to pull the trigger. As it turned out, that 50% was actually very low.

I had breakfast today with an old friend who is about as close to the IU athletic department as anyone. A name that most posters here would probably recognize, especially if you live close to Bloomington/Indianapolis. He confirmed that Crean is definitely out at year's end and the coaching search is already underway behind the scenes. Crean is aware of this, as you would expect.

I had been told months ago that Crean would not be extended again, but it was pretty much a 50/50 from what I was hearing on whether or not he would be back next year. This was before the season. Today is the first time I heard from someone in the know that it would definitely end this year. Just passing along. Will post more when I get more information.
People on the other site has mentioned that there were fillers sent to Stevens which was turned down. They also have said that they have contacted Donovan and some say he has some interest and some has said that he don't.

Reactions: calhoun26

I'd like to believe that. We'll know if you're blowing smoke Crean isn't fired or doesn't resign after season. I hope you're not.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
This math doesn't add up. Essentially you're saying 50% is low, but only after Crean has drastically under achieved. I've been a CTC doubter all along, and there is NO possible way after winning the Big Ten last year that it was a 50% he'd be gone after this year. I'd bet on landing Stevens with Billy D as an assistant over this...

I'd like to believe that. We'll know if you're blowing smoke Crean isn't fired or doesn't resign after season. I hope you're not.

This doesn't prove he's not blowing smoke. He still says that Crean was on the heat seat before THIS season even started. How do you prove that. It's easy to say it now the season's up crap creek.

Well, if you don't post your sources it must be fake news and therefore you must be wrong!

<dws>
No way! Glass will protect CTC at all costs! He doesn't have the stones to fire him! He'll wait for CTC to find another job! Glass doesn't care about winning!
</dws>

This doesn't prove he's not blowing smoke. He still says that Crean was on the heat seat before THIS season even started. How do you prove that. It's easy to say it now the season's up crap creek.
Don't try to dash my hopes! ;) If Crean is gone I'll be happy to give a hat tip to the OP.

Wasn't it just about a year ago that C$ made a jackass out of himself with similar claims? You don't want to be that guy!

I've said this for a couple of weeks now but glad you got it confirmed. Maybe we know the same people. Glass has been meeting with someone to talk replacements. He wants to hit a home run here to supplant his legacy at IU for years to come.

His seat has been on fire for a while. Insiders on the other site have said that had we lost to Notre Dame last season Crean likely wouldn't have survived the year.

Reactions: mazz
Cuck Glass, CANNOT admit defeat. The ONLY way he gets rid of Crean is if the boosters threaten his job.

He doesn't have the STONES.

On a down note apparently Glass would never consider hiring Gregg Marshall under any circumstances.

He isn't blowing smoke. The question is.... who actually is in the know? And among those who actually are in the know....how many would share sensitive info?

That really upsets me because he would be on the top of my list. The only thing bad that I remember him doing is last summer in Canada.
I've something about not doing alumni functions or booster club things. But not sure about that

This is the best news I have heard in a while.

Wasn't it just about a year ago that C$ made a jackass out of himself with similar claims? You don't want to be that guy!
C$ ain't connected.

He's just like 99% of the rest of the posters on both boards. Pure conjecture and speculation.

There is, however, a 1% group of posters that have some valid connections and inside info and they should get the "keys to the city" when their predictions come to fruition.

Interestingly, the booster I spoke too also mentioned that Mizou would love to have Crean, and this was not prompted by me. And this is not a person who would frequent fan websites like this. It made me think that the Crean to Mizzou theory has legs and that maybe it is being discussed with reduced buyout or whaterver. Not saying that it is going to happen, but just seemed pretty telling that this multi million dollar booster would say that unprompted.

Reactions: backtofundamentals
Interestingly, the booster I spoke too also mentioned that Mizou would love to have Crean, and this was not prompted by me. And this is not a person who would frequent fan websites like this. It made me think that the Crean to Mizzou theory has legs and that maybe it is being discussed with reduced buyout or whaterver. Not saying that it is going to happen, but just seemed pretty telling that this multi million dollar booster would say that unprompted.
I said two weeks ago that a very big booster at Missouri had called Crean to tell him they would love to have him as their next coach. Our info seems to be matching up.

What names did you hear for replacement? Same ones? Which ones?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT