ADVERTISEMENT

Just a thought on SA and BD...

IUclover

All-Big Ten
Nov 19, 2015
This has likely been said at some point but I can't keep up with all of the threads in the past day. If IU takes Alford, do you think UCLA would go after BD? Or who do you think UCLA would want? I'm not a big fan of IU hiring Alford and would be even more bitter if BD went to UCLA.

This has likely been said at some point but I can't keep up with all of the threads in the past day. If IU takes Alford, do you think UCLA would go after BD? Or who do you think UCLA would want? I'm not a big fan of IU hiring Alford and would be even more bitter if BD went to UCLA.
Bobby Hurley

Pete Trgovich is available. Hot shot Bruin guard, national champion, Indiana high school legend. What's not to like?

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Luke Walton maybe? Probably wants out of Lakers job.

Maybe UCLA would go after CTC given the way Jay Bilas has been singing his praises.

Anyone with any clue about coaching would NEVER take SA over BD. In fact if SA had never played at IU NO IU fan would want him near the head coaching position. Will NEVER understand the hype and those clambering for a coach that has never even been past the sweet sixteen. Crap we just fired a coach that had been to two of those in the last 5 seasons. It is beyond nuts. SA should get an interview asking who IU should hire not asking him to come back.

Well some may resent he was a region rat . . . For others that would be a tick mark in the positive column.
I doubt ucla people care that he is from the region. And I was kidding about him being their coach. It's the Alford parallel that eluded you.

I can't believe you would think IU would want Steve Alford over Billy Donovan...

Didn't say that but if SA said he's committed early on and BD was iffy, I can see them taking SA early. Or maybe BD has little interest in IU but would seriously consider ucla if the job opened up.

Note: I want none of the above to happen.

Didn't say that but if SA said he's committed early on and BD was iffy, I can see them taking SA early. Or maybe BD has little interest in IU but would seriously consider ucla if the job opened up.

Note: I want none of the above to happen.
No worries...according to some Billy Donovan is at the top of IU's list...that's why Fred Glass mentioned IU will look for coaches in the league, and the tournament....many assume he was talking about Stevens...but it's Donovan...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT