ADVERTISEMENT

Jud Apatow ... Like him or hate him?

MaxCoke

Junior
Dec 4, 2010
Been a big fan of all his movies ... I thought Daddy's home was one of his. Should have know not the usually suspects ... including his wife were not in it. Funny movie. This is 40 cracks me up. Albert Book's in Modern Romance is a classic.

Last edited:
Reactions: MillerTime
Been a big fan of all his movies ... I thought Daddy's home was one of his. Should have know not the usually suspects ... including his wife were not in it. Funny movie. This is 40 is cracks me up. Albert Book's in Modern Romance is a classic.
IDKWTI

I have seen the first 3, they are quite average, probably why I don't remember the name.
If you watched those movies and found them average or not funny, that most certainly says more about you than the movies. I think you are officially the first person I've ever heard say that about any of those flicks, let alone ALL of them. Loosen up, smoke a joint if ya need to...

Reactions: hoosierdug and C-$
If you watched those movies and found them average or not funny, that most certainly says more about you than the movies. I think you are officially the first person I've ever heard say that about any of those flicks, let alone ALL of them. Loosen up, smoke a joint if ya need to...

That's what Ziz does....................

I didn't say they were bad, I said they were average. I've never felt compelled to watch them again. They had funny parts, although I an remember very little about Pineapple express.

Count me as the second, I think his movies stink. They're funny, for about 2 of the 120 minutes...

Call me a commie, but I agree with Zizkov here...

Count me as the second, I think his movies stink. They're funny, for about 2 of the 120 minutes...

Call me a commie, but I agree with Zizkov here...
40YOV and This is 40 were funny for a lot more than 2 minutes. Come on. "Extrapolate that!" Were they the best comedy ever? Hell no. But they were pretty funny. I'd be curious as to what either you or Ziz say IS a very funny movie.

Big Lebowski, Caddyshack, Dr. Strangelove, Young Frankenstein, Spinal Tap.

I know, I'm old....
True, but what doesn't pale in comparison with some of the all time classics? Four of those 5 movies are, what, 35+ years old? You may be old, but I'm older, I think. (46)

40 year old virgin is one of the greatest comedies of all time, especially for dudes in my opinion.

It's got everything...bro mances, dick jokes, physical gags, great funny story, sarcasm, archetypes (both guy and girl), one liners, memorable situations, and its filled with pretty much unknown comedians at the time that now are considered big stars (Carell, Rogan, Elizabeth Banks, Kevin Hart, Paul Rudd, Apatow's wife, Jayne Lynch, a teenage Kat Dennings, Jonah Hill when he was completely unknown).

You can't go two minutes in that film without a laugh out loud moment, it's one of the most quoted comedies (from now on your d#$k is my d#%k, Kelly Clarkson, a bag of sand, it's not about the p&$$y juice cocktail, that f$&ker came out of nowhere, do you know who I know you're gay, Hi my name is Gina).

It's a great comedy. That being said his other comedies are good but not anywhere close to the 40 year virgin IMHO.

40 year old virgin is one of the greatest comedies of all time, especially for dudes in my opinion.

It's got everything...bro mances, dick jokes, physical gags, great funny story, sarcasm, archetypes (both guy and girl), one liners, memorable situations, and its filled with pretty much unknown comedians at the time that now are considered big stars (Carell, Rogan, Elizabeth Banks, Kevin Hart, Paul Rudd, Apatow's wife, Jayne Lynch, a teenage Kat Dennings, Jonah Hill when he was completely unknown).

You can't go two minutes in that film without a laugh out loud moment, it's one of the most quoted comedies (from now on your d#$k is my d#%k, Kelly Clarkson, a bag of sand, it's not about the p&$$y juice cocktail, that f$&ker came out of nowhere, do you know who I know you're gay, Hi my name is Gina).

It's a great comedy. That being said his other comedies are good but not anywhere close to the 40 year virgin IMHO.

It might crack the top 30-40.

Of all those 'classic' lines, I only remembered 1 of them.

Bromances? Really?

It might crack the top 30-40.

Of all those 'classic' lines, I only remembered 1 of them.

Bromances? Really?

It set a trend of the bro mance comedy at the time. Basically borrowing the girl rom com/sex in the city formula and applying it to a group of dudes all friends who represent male acrhtypes and their flaws (the nice guy, the player skirt chaser, the sensitive dude who can't get over his ex and the weird guy).

It set a trend of the bro mance comedy at the time. Basically borrowing the girl rom com/sex in the city formula and applying it to a group of dudes all friends who represent male acrhtypes and their flaws (the nice guy, the player skirt chaser, the sensitive dude who can't get over his ex and the weird guy).

And that's why it's average. It's Sex in the City for guys.

Not really a selling point.

Now that your bought it up, I drop it to top 50 at best.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
This is 40 is hilarious. The scene with Paul Rudd and all of the mirrors and the iPhone is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT