ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Walsh

You've drunk the Kool Aid. "Liberals" aren't the ones mushrooming the debt. It's the supply side anarchists.
I'd like to know what you've drunk. Who's in control of the House? Just because conservatives took their foot off the debt brakes doesn't mean the liberals aren't the ones with their foot on the accelerator.

I'd like to know what you've drunk. Who's in control of the House? Just because conservatives took their foot off the debt brakes doesn't mean the liberals aren't the ones with their foot on the accelerator.
Congrats. You've moved into COH and VPM territory.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Congrats. You've moved into COH and VPM territory.
Thought you knew I was immune to bullshit.

Let's review the bidding.

1. All Democratic candidates are proposing to balance the budget. CHECK
2. The DNP platform always advocates a balanced budget. CHECK
3. ...

Explain the budgets in 2017 and 18 when the GOP had the house.

So, when the Dems took over the House in 2019, they did what, jump in a time machine and go back and redo the past couple of budgets?

Explain the budgets in 2017 and 18 when the GOP had the house.
What's there to explain in the context of Mitch McDonald learning that the GOP doesn't need to address the budget? He took the brakes off because stimulus is good for the economy in the short term. As I said above, the GOP took their foot off the brakes. Did the Democrats cry foul and extend their foot toward the brakes?

You're going to say the tax cuts bla bla bla. Sure, what's new? Pubs do tax cuts. Nothing new there. That's not the point. I never said it's only the Dems. My point is simple, the Dems always have their foot on the Budget accelerator. (Now it's the accele-triplicator under Bernie and Liz.) Pubs know this, they know that any budget expansion they agree to, the Dems will lap up. And so they do...

The Dems now own the House. Have they refused to expand the Budget?

What's there to explain in the context of Mitch McDonald learning that the GOP doesn't need to address the budget? He took the brakes off because stimulus is good for the economy in the short term. As I said above, the GOP took their foot off the brakes. Did the Democrats cry foul and extend their foot toward the brakes?

You're going to say the tax cuts bla bla bla. Sure, what's new? Pubs do tax cuts. Nothing new there. That's not the point. I never said it's only the Dems. My point is simple, the Dems always have their foot on the Budget accelerator. (Now it's the accele-triplicator under Bernie and Liz.) Pubs know this, they know that any budget expansion they agree to, the Dems will lap up. And so they do...

The Dems now own the House. Have they refused to expand the Budget?

I think you are ignoring defense spending when you say Democrats have their foot on the accelerator and Republicans on the break.

I think you are ignoring defense spending when you say Democrats have their foot on the accelerator and Republicans on the break.
Nope. You're assuming I'm blaming it all on the Dems. Dems own big spending. It's a stigma that the Dems have earned. Now McDonald is using that stigma to blind Americans to Republican stimulus. The primary reason the economy is up during the Trump Administration is massive government spending. Dems don't care. In not caring, they're playing right into the Pubs' hands. As usual.

It doesn't hurt (the Pub cause) that the far-left wing of the DNP is proposing to explode the Budget. It's what liberals do. Pubs have just gotten smarter at abusing their leverage but it stills starts at home. Liberal home.

Nope. You're assuming I'm blaming it all on the Dems. Dems own big spending. It's a stigma that the Dems have earned. Now McDonald is using that stigma to blind Americans to Republican stimulus. The primary reason the economy is up during the Trump Administration is massive government spending. Dems don't care. In not caring, they're playing right into the Pubs' hands. As usual.

It doesn't hurt (the Pub cause) that the far-left wing of the DNP is proposing to explode the Budget. It's what liberals do. Pubs have just gotten smarter at abusing their leverage but it stills starts at home. Liberal home.

Democrats believe in the safety net, and it doesn't come free. Do you know what we call Democrats who oppose the safety net and take the conservative position on social issues like you want? Republicans. they already have a party.

Democrats believe in the safety net, and it doesn't come free. Do you know what we call Democrats who oppose the safety net and take the conservative position on social issues like you want? Republicans. they already have a party.
Which social issues have I taken "the" conservative position on?

Which social issues have I taken "the" conservative position on?

Since you do not want democrats to fight those issues, I assume they would all go conservative since conservatives will keep fighting. It is the end result whether you want it.

Since you do not want democrats to fight those issues, I assume they would all go conservative since conservatives will keep fighting. It is the end result whether you want it.
CoH, you got Marvin's password? You're doing a great job of putting words, ideas, and whatsnot in my mouth.

My bone of contention was busting the debt. Buttigieg, Biden, Klobuchar, Bloomberg, and some of the good but failed candidates were in favor of improving Obamacare. I'm good with that. That doesn't bust the budget.

Free college tuition? Ptui...

Next? (Don't have the list of Bernie Pipe Dreams in front of me...)

~~~~

Furthermore, the only real hope for even improving Obamacare to say nothing of Single Payer, Green New Deal, tax reform, and so on is retaking the Senate. That's not going to happen without winning some red senate seats. That's not going to happen with Bernie or Liz on the ticket. So any but any liberal who votes for Bernie or Liz is just pissing in their own soup. Improving Obamacare will obviously but obviously eventually lead to single payer. President Bernie will lead to electing Mike Pence or Don Jr, POTUS in 2024.

I really don't know what you're trying to sell me here.

CoH, you got Marvin's password? You're doing a great job of putting words, ideas, and whatsnot in my mouth.

My bone of contention was busting the debt. Buttigieg, Biden, Klobuchar, Bloomberg, and some of the good but failed candidates were in favor of improving Obamacare. I'm good with that. That doesn't bust the budget.

Free college tuition? Ptui...

Next? (Don't have the list of Bernie Pipe Dreams in front of me...)

You have long argued the Dems should give up on social issues. Not in this thread, but over the years.

You have long argued the Dems should give up on social issues. Not in this thread, but over the years.
Oh, now I understand what you're saying. THOSE social issues. No, you've misunderstood me. Not "give up" on them, just not politicize them and I'm talking about social issues that society or the judicial branch takes care of by themselves. That's not the same as the social net, which is economic rather than social in the political sense.

Politicizing abortion (or allowing the Pubs to) set the DNP back decades. Still hasn't recovered. Roe v Wade happened long before abortion got politicized by the Pubs. Politicizing Roe v Wade has only led to a 6-3 Pub advantage in the SC, creating the very real possibility for the first time of overturning Roe. And if Roe won't ever be overturned as some lawyers argued here, then politicizing abortion was even dumber than dumb. A no-brainer argument easily demonstrates that but for politicizing abortion, we'd already have single payer or something very close to it.

But none of those social issues have anything to do with busting the budget.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT