ADVERTISEMENT

JHS #9 On Givony's NBA Draft..

tRAYCE should've worked on a mid range shot all summer. Probably why as an ALL American he is picked to be that low. JHS is so inconsistent that I don't fathom how he is that high except on potential.
Yeah . . . and I'm familiar with the Hawks. I have no idea how they'd use him.
They have two point guard starters as it is . . . Dejounte Murray and Trey Young.

I guess that's Snyder's problem . . . .

tRAYCE should've worked on a mid range shot all summer. Probably why as an ALL American he is picked to be that low. JHS is so inconsistent that I don't fathom how he is that high except on potential.
Romeo lost 12/13 games and still went lottery.

Reactions: Willdog7
I still believe should stay.

• Haha
Reactions: TyWebbIU
Why? He’s dumb if he does. Guys like him rarely improve their stock. He’s hot right now.
Im thinking more of him. He can leave get drafted by a weak NBA and ride the bench. Atlanta. He is not going to start. He can stay get even better, work on his jumper, and become more consistent as a pg. make more NIL money.

Im thinking more of him. He can leave get drafted by a weak NBA and ride the bench. Atlanta. He is not going to start. He can stay get even better, work on his jumper, and become more consistent as a pg. make more NIL money.
Stay in Btown..Or get to hang in a major city..
Practice with some bench players at IU or Practice with pro's ..
It's not even close..

I think most talked about JHS as 1-done when he arrived. It was clear he could play at a high level, but with X’s injury he left no doubt he’s ready. Good for him; unlike Josh Smith, he actually IS part of the IU family! It’s been fun watching him.

$3-$5M rookie contracts are tough to pass up. It's that second contract that's tough to earn in the league. But a guy like JHS has earning potential playing basketball somewhere and be pretty wealthy by the time he's 30.

You might as well get started young...it seems to be the path for most young pros.

Reactions: Army88 and Willdog7
What has Romeo done in the Pros? He has not worked on his game, he is btw the g-league and the pros. JHS has a chance to get better. Really become a ALL-STAR.

I see him as more likely one of those players that's stock may well drop. he isn't going to have TJD here and will be the focus . I also think he was as good as gone before he set foot on campus this year

Reactions: Willdog7
Stay in Btown..Or get to hang in a major city..
Practice with some bench players at IU or Practice with pro's ..
It's not even close..
D'Angelo Russell or Dennis Smith Jr.

They never look at the busts and ask if they messed up their own career by leaving too early. But they should.

Reactions: asindc and Willdog7
Purdue performance in prime time on a Saturday night sealed the deal to be a top 20ish pick. He was first round prior to that despite some of you telling me Braden Smith was better. (Lol)

D'Angelo Russell or Dennis Smith Jr.

They never look at the busts and ask if they messed up their own career by leaving too early. But they should.
i wish he would stay but you are right, so many players have messed up their careers by leaving early. but no one talks about that.

Why? He’s dumb if he does. Guys like him rarely improve their stock. He’s hot right now.
Most true … can’t turn down #9 money … if he leads Indiana to some NCAA wins he might go a spot or two earlier.

I think Trayce will do better than the NBA equivalent of MR Irrelavant.

It’s almost always potential. He has what they want. Ability and attitude. They’ve been watching him since montverd
I think many here under-rate JHS's floor game. He knows how to run an offense and is a good passer and has that size at the PG spot. He's valuable and worthy of a mid round pick but then he had that PU game and I think lights went off in their head on how well he ran the pick and roll and could score from the mid range. I think he's also going to continue to develop his outside shot. Barring injury he's going to be in the league a long time and I think as a starter.

I think many here under-rate JHS's floor game. He knows how to run an offense and is a good passer and has that size at the PG spot. He's valuable and worthy of a mid round pick but then he had that PU game and I think lights went off in their head on how well he ran the pick and roll and could score from the mid range. I think he's also going to continue to develop his outside shot. Barring injury he's going to be in the league a long time and I think as a starter.
If you care at all about the kid (and this applies to almost any HS player slotted to get drafted that high), you tell him to declare, Being ready has nothing to do with what you think he will do playing in NBA games next year. Being ready is related to draft position, period.

If a kid is going 15th, there is enormous downside risk to have them return. They could even return, put up better stats and drop in the draft- It’s all about potential.

Obviously a player can improve and be developed working with professionals, playing against other professionals. To suggest that a player isn’t ready to be an NBA starter and the only way that is going to happen is to play another year in college is not based in reality.

IU fans all want him back. It’s not fair to him to ask him to return.

Typical of NBA to throw money at potential. Not seeing it for JHS in the NBA - how many great games did he really have at IU? Not a great shooter, not super quick as a point guard, good player but not NBA outstanding IMO. Needs another year to get better. But hey, if the NBA is dumb enough, which they have proven, to pay him a ton of money he should go. Romeo was the same way, lots of "potential" but didn't really see it at IU.

Typical of NBA to throw money at potential. Not seeing it for JHS in the NBA - how many great games did he really have at IU? Not a great shooter, not super quick as a point guard, good player but not NBA outstanding IMO. Needs another year to get better. But hey, if the NBA is dumb enough, which they have proven, to pay him a ton of money he should go. Romeo was the same way, lots of "potential" but didn't really see it at IU.
JHS and Romeo are night and day, imo. Romeo was all about potential and was a 2 who didn't really do anything great, so not ready to play and not a defined position. JHS is an NBA level PG right now, especially with that size and his shooting (and every facet of his game I believe) will improve. He has value without the shot just in running the offense, pick and roll and mid range. You think Jason Kidd was a great shooter out of school? MJ? That can be developed and I think JHS is the type of kid who will develop it. For all the over the top criticisms of Romeo by Cav, I think at it's core, he's identified the right problem: Romeo doesn't love basketball (anymore?).

JHS and Romeo are night and day, imo. Romeo was all about potential and was a 2 who didn't really do anything great, so not ready to play and not a defined position. JHS is an NBA level PG right now, especially with that size and his shooting (and every facet of his game I believe) will improve. He has value without the shot just in running the offense, pick and roll and mid range. You think Jason Kidd was a great shooter out of school? MJ? That can be developed and I think JHS is the type of kid who will develop it. For all the over the top criticisms of Romeo by Cav, I think at it's core, he's identified the right problem: Romeo doesn't love basketball (anymore?).
Romeo: do you think he regrets leaving when he did? He is used as some sort of example of “not panning out” in the NBA.

It’s possible that he is lucky he left. It’s not like he hasn’t been paid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT