ADVERTISEMENT

Jamari Farmer (LB) committed

Stats show a pretty productive player and video gives McFadden vibes. Won’t jump to any conclusions one way or the other but looks like an interesting pick up.

Last year alone, he had 130 tackles, 26 TFL, eight sacks and a interception. I have no idea what comp he plays against, but that's insane production.

He's the kind of kid Cig has been saying we'll go after since his early pressers.

Michigan just had a pretty good one at this height a few years ago.... He looks pretty athletic to me. I'll withhold judgement.
Who was that Safety who played for Iowa and then the Colts.... Bob Sanders.

He was small, but he was like a missile out there. There are some athletic freaks who are short.

Someone mentioned McFadden above, but wasn't he 6'2"?

There have been a couple of really good pro Middle Linebackers at that height...
Sam Mills new Orleans saints comes to mind immediately. I think there have been quite a few good ones that size. If the guy makes plays his height doesn't matter. I think that's exactly what coach CIG preaches production is all that counts.

Working Hard Mother Nature GIF

We can play the "We are farmers" commercial song now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
"... The tradition of excellence and the unwavering support from fans..."

Well, I guess since fans are still here, that's unwavering support. And Cig will be building a tradition of excellence. It's a new era.

Liked that he talked about picking a great university. With that attitude it'll help attract like-minded guys to join him. NIL has to be good, but to really win, the players need to see all the other great reasons to play for Indiana. Jamari spells some out that he wants. Awesome.

Looking forward to watching Jamari make plays!

Last edited:
Mike Singletary (Bears & 9ers) and Gary Brackett both come to mind who weren't an inch over 5'10" and it didn't seem to impact their production negatively...

If he plays anywhere close to the way they did I'll be damn glad we have him whether he meets the prototype height and weight metrics or not...

Zach Thomas was a very good LB for the Miami Dolphins as a middle backer.
Don't think he had a long career, did he? I honestly don't remember, but I didn't think he played long.

The problem with shorter guys is, they are using their entire body on every play. They are staying low to get leverage and I think it's more wear and tear on them than someone who is taller.

I'm not saying the guy won't be good for us - his HS numbers are eye-popping. I hope he's an animal out there.

Don't think he had a long career, did he? I honestly don't remember, but I didn't think he played long.

The problem with shorter guys is, they are using their entire body on every play. They are staying low to get leverage and I think it's more wear and tear on them than someone who is taller.

I'm not saying the guy won't be good for us - his HS numbers are eye-popping. I hope he's an animal out there.
Long enough to be in the HOF

!3 years in the NFL is a long time for LBs.

There have been a couple of really good pro Middle Linebackers at that height...
Still outside the norm except maybe for the discerning eye of Cignetti and staff.
But the weakness of a short inside LB is dropping into coverage if that is the D scheme they play in. His #'s do show he gets to the ball carrier and relishes contract.

Last edited:

Yeah, 13 years is long career in the NFL. I had no idea he is a HOFer.

Shows how much I follow the NFL.

Like most of these guys, we may not know how good he is for a couple of years. Just have to trust the coaching staff until proven otherwise.
Some will show early on that they are players like McFadden and Mullen did in their freshman and sophomore years. We will see what our coaches can do with talented young players.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT