ADVERTISEMENT

Jamar Johnson

Based on available information this is all relatively minor. From reports, its unclear if Johnson and the other person were actually connected to marijuana use/possession (likely but unclear).

"Resisting" sounds bad because it is usually interpreted as a physical altercation with the police, but he just ran away initially but then returned voluntarily.

I can see where the this is more a marijuana issue, but "resisting" might be the straight-forward thing to charge with. But if there is no real evidence of marijuana use/possession beyond the officer smelling it in the area, then this is kind of a BS arrest.

This is very bad. :oops:

Sounds like much ado about nothing.

I'm very anti-drug but tracking down a kid who was sharing a joint outside on a college campus seems more than a bit extreme.

Now maybe there's more to it (I hope not) but if that's the extent of it then put him on the 5 am stadium stairs patrol, have him learn his lesson about embarrassing the Team and the University and move on to more important issues...

Last edited:
Bloomington is FULL of marijuana, not surprised at all. I personally don't care if a person chooses to smoke pot, it's going to be legal anyway in a few years.

I do care if the players are smoking pot before the games. I have smoked pot and it affects your coordination, depth perception, short term memory, etc. I do not think he should've been arrested over one doobie, my goodness.

Whoa...you all need to go back and that again. He ( nor the freind)were not arrested for smoking pot.

Cops smelled pot and "happened upon" these 2 and he left the scene then came back. He got a total bullshit charge of resisting.

If they would have found pot, then there would be pot charges.

Total bullshit.

Whoa...you all need to go back and that again. He ( nor the freind)were not arrested for smoking pot.

Cops smelled pot and "happened upon" these 2 and he left the scene then came back. He got a total bullshit charge of resisting.

If they would have found pot, then there would be pot charges.

Total bullshit.
If that is the case then I agree

Legalize it and sell it at The Rock!
Double the supply of concession stand food because you’ll be selling it.

There are no angry drunks. Pot will mellow the crowd. It’s a no-brainer.
Unless they were to run of pizza again. Here is a short video illustrating the need for a designated driver:

Drug test and remove them from the team if dirty. Pot smokers won't reach their full potential...give up the scholarship to someone who wants to give 100%.

And before any of the 420 crowd debates this. You won't change my mind...seen it way too many times.

Drug test and remove them from the team if dirty. Pot smokers won't reach their full potential...give up the scholarship to someone who wants to give 100%.

And before any of the 420 crowd debates this. You won't change my mind...seen it way too many times.
Have you watched an NBA game?

I don't. Or NFL.
Heres a bit of news...I know from first hand experience that cannabis is everywhere within major sports. Hell, in Houston, if a player in any league likes to smoke, every time they check into a hotel on the road, under their pillow is a package, neat, tidy, no risk for the players. They pay huge amounts for it...ridiculous but when you have more money than brains, well there you are. There are many ways to beat a drug test when the ones giving it don't want to find anything. Makes it much easier.

And I say great. If anyone thinks cannabis prevents all people from reaching their 100% potential, then you don't know whats going on around you right now...right in your Christian straight laced neighbors house right now either. Right in universities across the world. Wake up...fake news is dead.

Last edited:
Heres a bit of news...I know from first hand experience that cannabis is everywhere within major sports. Hell, in Houston, if a player in any league likes to smoke, every time they check into a hotel on the road, under their pillow is a package, neat, tidy, no risk for the players. They pay huge amounts for it...ridiculous but when you have more money than brains, well there you are. There are more ways to beat a drug test when the ones giving it don't want to find anything. Makes it much easier.

And I say great. If anyone thinks cannabis prevents all people from reaching their 100% potential, then you don't know whats going on around you right now...right in your Christian straight laced neighbors house right now either. Right in universities across the world. Wake up...fake news is dead.

I'm Christian, conservative and fully support legalization of it. The hypocracy of legal alcohol sales that creates a whole series of societal problems and deaths is beyond me.
They have medicinal marijuana but no medicinal alcohol treatments. There's a reason for that.

I didn't say I'm against people smoking weed...you assume that. You also assume I'm Christian, conservative, and don't have experience with it. I have firsthand experience and know without hesitation that weed is a detractor for any athlete.

I say that in my experience weed leads people to be lazy and less productive than people who don't smoke. I believe that there are many studies to back that.

I say that if I'm a coach I want players who are free of substance abuse on my team. That is all.

I didn't say I'm against people smoking weed...you assume that. You also assume I'm Christian, conservative, and don't have experience with it. I have firsthand experience and know without hesitation that weed is a detractor for any athlete.

I say that in my experience weed leads people to be lazy and less productive than people who don't smoke. I believe that there are many studies to back that.

I say that if I'm a coach I want players who are free of substance abuse on my team. That is all.
dude, he just had finals. get off it

I'm Christian, conservative and fully support legalization of it. The hypocracy of legal alcohol sales that creates a whole series of societal problems and deaths is beyond me.
They have medicinal marijuana but no medicinal alcohol treatments. There's a reason for that.

Certain kidney stone formers are recommended by urologists to drink a beer a day to keep kidney stones away.

Certain heart patients are told to drink red wine for its health effects on the heart. Just because you don't know something doesn't make it so.

There are tons of alcohol based medicines, too.

You don't need a prescription for it like medical marijuana, because it is already legal to purchase.

Bloomington cops aren't has "athlete friendly" as they are in some other college towns we are familiar with.

dude, he just had finals. get off it

Oh please.

Weed is a cancer on a sports program. Before you know it he has other team members sharing in his Recreation.

Let's put this into perspective...
You're being wheeled into the cath lab for emergency open heart... You picking the surgeon who does weed, or the one who doesn't?
How about the pilot of your aircraft... You picking the stoner, or the one who stays sober?
Your children?

This is really pretty clear in my eyes... sport performance is directly proportional to both mental and physical preparation. You can't prepare a mind that is altered on substance.

Oh please.

Weed is a cancer on a sports program. Before you know it he has other team members sharing in his Recreation.

You're being wheeled into the cath lab for emergency open heart... You picking the surgeon who does weed, or the one who doesn't?
How about the pilot of your aircraft... You picking the stoner, or the one who stays sober?
Your children?

This is really pretty clear in my eyes... sport performance is directly proportional to both mental and physical preparation. You can't prepare a mind that is altered on substance.

STFU

Oh please.

Your children?

The season was over and so, in all likelihood, was his academic semester. He wasn't behind the wheel of a car, and he wasn't endangering anyone else. To suggest he's spreading a cancer within a sports program is just wacky.

The 1930s called. They want their "Reefer Madness" message back.

A black dude that got high in college. Hmmm.... he could still become president. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Oh please.

Your children?

Stone age thinking...congrats. Your surgeon WAS stoned dude...you just didn't know it....so was your pilot...and cab driver...and on and on...

Oh please.

Your children?

As long as my doc or pilot is not doing it while I’m in their care, I really don’t care what they do in their off hours.
How is this any different than a surgeon hung over from a party he went to the night before or the pilot who spent a bit too long at the airport bar? You can put people at risk drinking alcohol as well.

Reactions: limestonecowboy
How is this any different than a surgeon hung over from a party he went to the night before or the pilot who spent a bit too long at the airport bar? You can put people at risk drinking alcohol as well.

It's not.

The university stands firmly behind a pretty amazing student athlete bill of rights.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0rIqg-k77jsGGflNNpX3E4

They ask that student athletes in turn stand behind the drug and alcohol policy.

http://enrollmentbulletin.indiana.edu/pages/drycampus.php?Term=1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT