ADVERTISEMENT

"I've got their back"

Euro

Senior
Sep 7, 2001
Allen said this in post game presser about the team. Not quite sure what he meant by this?

Allen said this in post game presser about the team. Not quite sure what he meant by this?
I wondered the same thing.

He might be trying to inspire the team to win in spite of the fans/media sh!t-talking them?

He thinks the fans have quit on the kids. But he hasn’t.

In other words, he doesn’t understand that the fans haven’t quit on the kids, they’ve just quit on him and his lousy coaching.
No. He was referring to the officiating. He was sending a message, the best he could, that the kids deserve better officiating. Not sure how much the B10 cares, but they are taking action.

No. He was referring to the officiating. He was sending a message, the best he could, that he was not going to accept the calls. Not sure how much the B10 cares, but they are submitting their case to the league.

So, I know you are close to the situation with a kid on the team. Are you all in on Allen sticking around? He looks like he’s had a nervous breakdown due to the season.

He thinks the fans have quit on the kids. But he hasn’t.

In other words, he doesn’t understand that the fans haven’t quit on the kids, they’ve just quit on him and his lousy coaching.
He is his own public relations nightmare. He needs to get rid of the hat. And the glasses. And the jacket. And the podium. Somebody teach him how to smile. And they need to get rid of the: "How are you Tom? I'm good buddy how are you". And stop putting the players out there after losses to try and make excuses for the poor coaching.

Everything about the Indiana football experience is painful. Virtually nothing is fun. Nothing is entertaining.

Every press conference can be summarized in teo words: "under siege".

Fhis sounds like Coach Speak of a losing Coach. I can't Coach these kids up to eliminate their mistakes and win games. and I can't get them to take responsibility for their poor play and inability to carry out assignments, but I support them all the way.
Sounds like a Coach groveling on the way to receiving his pink slip. But remember, LRO means never having to say You are sorry/

He is his own public relations nightmare. He needs to get rid of the hat. And the glasses. And the jacket. And the podium. Somebody teach him how to smile. And they need to get rid of the: "How are you Tom? I'm good buddy how are you". And stop putting the players out there after losses to try and make excuses for the poor coaching.

Everything about the Indiana football experience is painful. Virtually nothing is fun. Nothing is entertaining.

Every press conference can be summarized in teo words: "under siege".
Says man who admits to not having been to a game in at least 30 years.

Reactions: muubell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT