ADVERTISEMENT

I've been curious about this for a while

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
I've actually been meaning to broach this topic for a while, just never got around to it. The thread where people were discussing urns and scattering remains spurred me to action, because I am generally curious.I've never noticed it in other states, but I don't typically spend a lot of time driving around in local traffic in other areas. So it may or may not be an Indiana phenomenon...

Not meaning to offend anyone here this may pertain to...But I'm curious when people started to transform their cars into mobile tombstones/memorials? I mean when did that start? I certainly don't recall it at any point of my life prior to 2000 or so. At least I never noticed it before, but now it seems I see one of those "in loving memory" window declas/bumperstickers almost daily...

It' jsut strikes me as weird. Maybe that's just me, and for anyone who might be in that position no offense. But I just wonder if anyone has any background info as to how or when it started?

I actually thought they were handmade, but a google search reveals many examples on Amazon. Is this another example of Amazon influencing popular culture?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT