ADVERTISEMENT

IUWBB taking it to PU . . .

. . . up by 10 with possession and 3:05 to go in the 2nd quarter.

Defense has been solid. A few too many turnovers.

Cahill and Buss are in double figures already. On BTN currently.

Good. Maybe that gets our horrible coach fired.

IUWBB know how to block out on the defensive boards. Thing of beauty . . . sight for sore eyes and all that.

4-lombardi-trophy-nfl-greatest-trophies-in-sports.jpg

Dude . . . I'm not much of a Painter fan, but you've had Davis, Kelvin Sanctions and now 12th place Clappy the clown, without much on the horizon. I'd lay low, but that's just me. . .
Davis went as far in the Tourney as PU ever has and owned PU. IU has had a bad stretch of coaches. But, unlike PU, IU is capable of hiring a pretty damn good one, and IU's potential is light years beyond PU's. I should lay low? PU has never done anything and never will: the game is rigged against you, and you don't even get it.

If PU can do better than Painter, why has he been around for 11-12 years? Seriously, what has he done that warrants that type of longevity? Win 2 BT Titles and go to the Sweet 16? The fact that he is still around shows what PU's standards are.

Davis went as far in the Tourney as PU ever has and owned PU. IU has had a bad stretch of coaches. But, unlike PU, IU is capable of hiring a pretty damn good one, and IU's potential is light years beyond PU's. I should lay low? PU has never done anything and never will: the game is rigged against you, and you don't even get it.

If PU can do better than Painter, why has he been around for 11-12 years? Seriously, what has he done that warrants that type of longevity? Win 2 BT Titles and go to the Sweet 16? The fact that he is still around shows what PU's standards are.

That's great you have potential. Are you really bragging about Davis owning us during a stretch when we went 65-83? Congrats! I don't think Painter deserved such a long leash but our previous AD seemed content with the results. Luckily, our new AD doesn't seem to settle for mediocrity. If he doesn't make a legit tournament run in the next few years, we should move on in my opinion.

Rigged against us? Sure we haven't had great success in the tournament but to say Purdue has never done anything is silly.

Reactions: nagemj02
Dude . . . I'm not much of a Painter fan, but you've had Davis, Kelvin Sanctions and now 12th place Clappy the clown, without much on the horizon. I'd lay low, but that's just me. . .

And in that time we have been to a National Title game and won three big ten titles...and that is in a down period.

And in that time we have been to a National Title game and won three big ten titles...and that is in a down period.
I really want no part of this childish back and forth, but IU's "down period", as you call it, is approaching its 25th anniversary.

With that being said, all IU needs is a coach who can control his emotions and not alienate the locals. The recruiting will take care of itself.

IU has the same issues as ND fans and every other fan base. When the teams have high expectations or have a great season they tend not to meet them. Elite programs don't go 12-0 like ND and then get throttled by Bama or IU had to 2 top 4 players drafted and get to the sweet 16. I wouldn't consider UConn a blue blood or elite, but they've won 4 out of the last 19 NCAA tournaments. Perception is what keep fans wanting more...instead of reality!

Reactions: nagemj02
I really want no part of this childish back and forth, but IU's "down period", as you call it, is approaching its 25th anniversary.

With that being said, all IU needs is a coach who can control his emotions and not alienate the locals. The recruiting will take care of itself.

And again, that down period is better than your high point.

We know we have our struggles but if you are going to go to a rival's board and run your mouth when you live in an even bigger glass house, expect to get a boulder thrown through said house.

If he doesn't make a legit tournament run in the next few years, we should move on in my opinion.

You need a few more years to make up your mind about Painter? LOL. He's been there 12 years: this isn't a long enough period of time to judge Painter? You really think you are going to see something different in the next few years that you haven't already seen? And what is a "legit tourney run" at PU, an Elite 8? That is as far as Gene ever made it and only one win beyond a Sweet 16: this isn't even a Final Four!

This is as pathetic of a statement as I have read on this board, and I have seen some dandies in defense of Crean. Then again, the standards at PU are mediocre: perhaps your statement is just par for the course (which is sad).

Last edited:
And again, that down period is better than your high point.

We know we have our struggles but if you are going to go to a rival's board and run your mouth when you live in an even bigger glass house, expect to get a boulder thrown through said house.
This is an IU board.

Posted at a time when Purdue just won the latest of their league-leading conference titles (23).

Being in a title game means nothing. Butler has been in 2 since IU has been there. What does that mean? (Answer: nothing)

Posted at a time when Purdue just won the latest of their league-leading conference titles (23).

Being in a title game means nothing. Butler has been in 2 since IU has been there. What does that mean? (Answer: nothing)
Sounds like sour grapes: PU hasn't been to the final game in about 50 years. So, being in the top 2 in the country is better than being the best team in one conference of many? Total PU thinking. Maybe PU should just start ending the season after the Big Ten season.

You need a few more years to make up your mind about Painter? LOL. He's been there 12 years: this isn't a long enough period of time to judge Painter? You really think you are going to see something different in the next few years that you haven't already seen? And what is a "legit tourney run" at PU, an Elite 8? That is as far as Gene ever made it and only one win beyond a Sweet 16: this isn't even a Final Four!

This is as pathetic of a statement as I have read on this board, and I have seen some dandies in defense of Crean. Then again, the standards at PU are mediocre: perhaps your statement is just par for the course (which is sad).

Jimbo, the IU fan base has been split on Crean for many years, just as at Purdue with Keady, and now Painter. They were with Mike Davis. Then Kelvin Sanctions.

When he was first hired, Crean was the (next) savior. Then, people began to waffle. When Crean had the world beaters and only went to the sweet 16 with NBA talent, he still had his champions. To this day he still does. Isn't this long enough for those to judge Crean? Yes. Do fans disagree? Yes. He was heralded. Championed as a great coach. People disagree.

Sounds like sour grapes: PU hasn't been to the final game in about 50 years. So, being in the top 2 in the country is better than being the best team in one conference of many? Total PU thinking. Maybe PU should just start ending the season after the Big Ten season.

No sour grapes. Just facts.

Runner up is the first loser. Congrats on your dusty banners. And 2nd place trophies. Yeah, it's great when you advance. But nobody cares unless you win.

Jimbo, the IU fan base has been split on Crean for many years, just as at Purdue with Keady, and now Painter. They were with Mike Davis. Then Kelvin Sanctions.

When he was first hired, Crean was the (next) savior. Then, people began to waffle. When Crean had the world beaters and only went to the sweet 16 with NBA talent, he still had his champions. To this day he still does. Isn't this long enough for those to judge Crean? Yes. Do fans disagree? Yes. He was heralded. Championed as a great coach. People disagree.
I would say 99.9% of the fan base has rejected Crean and is ready to pursue something better. There are some that are either morons or haven't made it past the denial stage. I think PU fans know they can't do any better. There is a difference.

No sour grapes. Just facts.

Runner up is the first loser. Congrats on your dusty banners. And 2nd place trophies. Yeah, it's great when you advance. But nobody cares unless you win.
Well, PU has never won anything in the NCAA's. Sucks to be you. If runner up is the first loser, what does that make PU?

Wow, you have one more Big Ten title, that is so insurmountable!

Good point, but I don't think it's childish. It's emotional. Everyone wants to win. Purdue . . . IU . . . everyone.

It's a different game than when Knight won 3 national titles (his last, 30 years ago). It's a different game, a different time. I don't want either school to sacrifice academic rigor for athletic success. Not like UK and UL. Nor, as it appears, Duke is doing.

Well, PU has never won anything in the NCAA's. Sucks to be you. If runner up is the first loser, what does that make PU?

Wow, you have one more Big Ten title, that is so insurmountable!

No, it' doesn't "suck to be (me)", in spite how much you want it to be so. Chill out, dude.

What it makes Purdue is an outstanding academic institution that also puts one helluva great product on the basketball court. Much like IU has for the last 30 years.

Stop being so hateful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT