ADVERTISEMENT

IU Womens Volleyball

I just wish their nice new arena was open. They play in a dump off campus.

Watched the women beat Northwestern lastnight! . Do yourself a favor and get over to their game Sunday at 1 against Illinois. There was a great crowd, fun time and the team looked awesome.
Volleyball is a very exciting game to watch live. When I pastored a church in Illinois a girl in the church was on the high school team. I went to see her play and I really got into the sport. It's fast paced.

Reactions: snowling
Womens college volleyball is awesome. Have really gotten into it over the past few years especially since texas is a yearly Top 10 team. The games are fun and the crowd is loud in the small gym on the UT campus. I think ESPN is getting on board with games on wednesday nights. Maybe they always have been and I'm just now noticing because the UT game was on last Wednesday night.

I just wish their nice new arena was open. They play in a dump off campus.
Don't know when you were actually at the volleyball venue, but I wouldn't describe it as a dump. It is an older athletic facility which has been used by several IU sports, but it has been well maintained and well lighted. No volleyball coach or, for that matter any other IU sports coach whose teams have used the facility have complained. And, by the way, it is part of the facilities which IU acquired several years ago. If you take a casual drive through that area you will see what I mean.

Last edited:
Watched the women beat Northwestern lastnight! . Do yourself a favor and get over to their game Sunday at 1 against Illinois. There was a great crowd, fun time and the team looked awesome.

IU volleyball has a pulse for the first time in 15 years.

They took Illinois to 5 sets, and just beat OSU on the road.

Beerman is a good player, as is Lebo. Lofton is decent. And they have 3 legit freshmen in Lexi Johnson (HOF Randy's daughter), Westhofer, and Breana Edwards. All 6 have eligibility for next year. Beerman is a RS JR and could potentially just graduate, or go the graduate transfer act. If she stays, they could be legitimately good next year.

These women are amazing athletes. The new coach has done a remarkable job with them in a short amount of time. It is worth your time and money to go support them. Go IU!

Don't know when you were actually at the volleyball venue, but I wouldn't describe it as a dump. It is an older athletic facility which has been used by several IU sports, but it has been well maintained and well lighted. No volleyball coach or, for that matter any other IU sports coach whose teams have used the facility have complained. And, by the way, it is part of the facilities which IU acquired several years ago. If you take a casual drive through that area you will see what I mean.

I would agree that its not a dump. The court area is fine. Its too small if the team is at all successful, and tight in the hallways & bathrooms with a capacity crowd. The location is an issue for the players and students, but convenient for adult fans.

Do you know what the university plans to do with the building? It's functional as is for volleyball & basketball & wrestling, but I can't imagine what use the university would have for it. I would assume it will get torn down at some point and the space used for other purposes but haven't heard anything............

I would agree that its not a dump. The court area is fine. Its too small if the team is at all successful, and tight in the hallways & bathrooms with a capacity crowd. The location is an issue for the players and students, but convenient for adult fans.

Do you know what the university plans to do with the building? It's functional as is for volleyball & basketball & wrestling, but I can't imagine what use the university would have for it. I would assume it will get torn down at some point and the space used for other purposes but haven't heard anything............
I haven't heard anything about future plans for that facility. Your assumption may prove to be the way things go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT