ADVERTISEMENT

IU women roll over MSU with a big 2nd half, 76-58...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
The Spartans had just given IU the conference lead with a win over Michigan a couple of days ago. This game overlapped the men's game, so I didn't follow this game much except for part of the 1st period before the men's game started and then checked it out during breaks in the men's game. The first half was pretty close and MSU maintained a small lead in the 1st before IU pushed ahead and led 17-12 at the end of the period. The 2nd period was a wash as both teams scored 17 points with IU up at the half, 32-27. IU blew the Spartans away in the 3rd period outscoring them, 30 to 14 and they pretty much coasted from there, and during a break in the men's game I thought I saw they had a 23 point lead in the 4th. MSU had a couple of starters that were in foul trouble at the end of the 3rd. Berger had a game high 29 points which could be a career high, but I'm not sure on that. MSU top scorer, Nia Couden, who was averaging over 21 points a game, was just 3 of 12 from the field and scored 10 points. She had just 5 points late in the game and doubled that during mop up time at the end of the game. It was a foul fest with MSU being called for 20 fouls while IU was charged with 17 fouls, although IU's fouls were more spread out and didn't hurt anyone except for Browne who fouled out late in the game. Box score:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News