ADVERTISEMENT

IU visits VCU on Friday (link)

We're looking at the worst team in IU Soccer history

Not only did we get 21 shots (10 on goal)...but VCU had only 2 shots on goal and still beat us 1-0.

Wow, so forget about 'maybe we can scrape our way into the tournament'...barring a miraculous BT tourney run, our 26 year streak of making the NCAA tourney will end. But not only that, the 2013 team will very likely set program lows for most losses (which is 10; we are at 9 now and seem certain to add at least another loss or two). And may also very well smash the mark of least wins in a season. Right now, the '86 team with 9 wins has the least ever...but this team has FOUR wins with only four games left in the regular season. So it would seem extremely unlikely that we'll get to 9 wins either.

Wow, this really depresses me. I am as bummed by this disaster of a season as I was elated by the magical run last December (altho I'm glad we at least got another star to celebrate before the 2013 train wreck- ha!).

I would have to think that Todd's job isn't in jeopardy after this year, since he just delivered a title. But Fry was fired just 5 years after a title (and he never missed the NCAAs), so I would think that Todd needs to get this turned around soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT