ADVERTISEMENT

IU- StM ...predications

IU 68
SM 61

looks closer than it is. The difference is transition and rebounding(extra possessions).

IU 68
SM 61

looks closer than it is. The difference is transition and rebounding(extra possessions).
I'm hoping the jump start first game mitigates the tough travel. We must get at least a little outside success to give TJD and Race some breathing room against a tough defense. If I had to say, IU 72 St. Mary's 67.

IU 68
SM 61

looking back at the WY game....I don't remember Wyoming trying to get out for even one fast break...did they? Very methodical ball. And we'll probably see similar tonight. StM takes more time per possession than any team in the country. Like Wisky ball on steroids.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
looking back at the WY game....I don't remember Wyoming trying to get out for even one fast break...did they? Very methodical ball. And we'll probably see similar tonight. StM takes more time per possession than any team in the country. Like Wisky ball on steroids.
In the middle of the second half the announcers mentioned they had zero fast break points. Also, there were several instances where they initially had the numbers but slowed it down, allowing the D to get back.

I’m not sure what our fast break numbers were, but with all those turnovers (it seemed like many of them occurred with one of their players falling down), we had to have had quite a few.

SM 65
IU 59

We'll lead much of game and find a way to lose in the last 4 min like we have much of the season. I hope I'm wrong but we are who we are until we prove otherwise.

SM 65
IU 59

We'll lead much of game and find a way to lose in the last 4 min like we have much of the season. I hope I'm wrong but we are who we are until we prove otherwise.
SM doesn’t have that kind of ability to come back like an Iowa. No way they hold us to 59.

let's hear it....what do you think?

IU 67
StM 63
I think your spelling is atrocious, but on the slim chance that it's not, I proclaim that IU wins by double digits if only because they just can't continue to shoot as abysmally from deep as has been the case of late. Defense continues to make/keep IU competitive - it's their offense that's going to determine how long they stay in the hunt.

I think your spelling is atrocious, but on the slim chance that it's not, I proclaim that IU wins by double digits if only because they just can't continue to shoot as abysmally from deep as has been the case of late. Defense continues to make/keep IU competitive - it's their offense that's going to determine how long they stay in the hunt.
damn you...you forced me to re-read my very short post 3 times looking for typos.
Guess my brain isn't thinking 3 dimensionally right now.

Oh I 'd love to see Kopp and Stew go off and we coast to a stress-free game. I tossed and turned for an hour after the WY game because I was still too jacked up.

StM guards are not big and long....they do defend the perimeter well, but guys like Kopp (6'7) might get some open looks they have not seen recently.

damn you...you forced me to re-read my very short post 3 times looking for typos.

Oh I 'd love to see Kopp and Stew go off and we coast to a stress-free game. I tossed and turned for an hour after the WY game because I was still too jacked up.

StM guards are not big and long....they do defend the perimeter well, but guys like Kopp (6'7) might get some open looks they have not seen recently.
Took me multiple times as well, until I looked at the subject header more closely (looks like you are a victim of autocorrect). No biggie. You post plenty here, and contribute a ton. You deserve a mulligan (I mean, come on, it was one word).

Not a lack of 'looks' that Kopp (and Stewart and Phinisee and Galloway) are missing - they're just clanking it. Going into the Season thought PS at least would have a couple of 20-pt. games - not writing it off, but have definitely stopped expecting it. Unlike or far more so than Kopp, Stewart has the handles to create enough space for a shot anytime he wants, but if he's not hitting the open looks, he's just not going to go there. Real pity he's not yet had that spectacular 'break-out' game that I believe he could - would take the Team to the next level as would any collective and consistent threat from deep. Maybe tonight...

🍒🍒🍒

Not a lack of 'looks' that Kopp (and Stewart and Phinisee and Galloway) are missing - they're just clanking it. Going into the Season thought PS at least would have a couple of 20-pt. games - not writing it off, but have definitely stopped expecting it. Unlike or far more so than Kopp, Stewart has the handles to create enough space for a shot anytime he wants, but if he's not hitting the open looks, he's just not going to go there. Real pity he's not yet had that spectacular 'break-out' game that I believe he could - would take the Team to the next level as would any collective and consistent threat from deep. Maybe tonight...

🍒🍒🍒
I disagree, by and large I feel like Kopp, and especially Stewart, are often passing on 3s, or not in the "hunter" mentality and ready to pull the trigger on the catch. It also might be our passers not getting it to them in the right spots. I felt like that WY PG was excellent at putting the ball right where the shooter needed it to be to get a shot up. Hit their pocket!

I don't know what the magic # of shots those two should put up from 3 is, but as our "designated shooters" I'd think between the 2 of them, they'd be taking 8-10 a game combined, maybe? I think they've rarely been at that total.

Last edited:

🍒🍒🍒
Good thing is IU doesn’t need many. 6 or so on 15 shots. Defend. Hit free throws and it anyones game.

I doubt that. I watched the St. Mary's win over Gonzaga on YouTube last night and they did a good amount of running. Yes, if it isn't there then they run a long set, and, at least in that game, getting some wide open looks. And that was against Gonzaga's #7 defense. IU's #18 defense is going to have to be stout and not get sucked in.

I think I am more concerned about scoring points though.

GO IU!

I disagree, by and large I feel like Kopp, and especially Stewart, are often passing on 3s, or not in the "hunter" mentality and ready to pull the trigger on the catch. It also might be our passers not getting it to them in the right spots. I felt like that WY PG was excellent at putting the ball right where the shooter needed it to be to get a shot up. Hit their pocket!

I don't know what the magic # of shots those two should put up from 3 is, but as our "designated shooters" I'd think between the 2 of them, they'd be taking 8-10 a game combined, maybe? I think they've rarely been at that total.
Especially Stewart. It seems he has fallen in love with driving on the closeout. He's passed up so many looks lately. Every time he or Kopp do this I get nervous. One or two dribbles and pop. That's it. Stewart over penetrates and gets into trouble.

Took me multiple times as well, until I looked at the subject header more closely (looks like you are a victim of autocorrect). No biggie. You post plenty here, and contribute a ton. You deserve a mulligan (I mean, come on, it was one word).
ahhh...didn't look at the subject. Hell I don't even remember...spell check has been screwing me left and right lately.

IU's last two double digit wins were against Maryland....1/29 and 2/24, if I checked correctly. IU simply has not demonstrated an ability to dominate opponents, i.e. of the non-cupcake variety. So a close game is expected, yet again. On a bright note...IU has of late learned how to win those close games. If the legs are there...and IU can stay out of foul trouble....and shoot the ball at better than pedestrian level....the interior game should be the difference.

I disagree, by and large I feel like Kopp, and especially Stewart, are often passing on 3s, or not in the "hunter" mentality and ready to pull the trigger on the catch. It also might be our passers not getting it to them in the right spots.
Not the least idea with what you disagree. All I said was it's not a lack of 'looks' that is the problem, and then you basically echo that by saying they're "often passing on 3s, or not in the "hunter" mentality and ready to pull the trigger on the catch". When they do shoot, they've not been very good, and that doesn't change just because they're shooting less than they might/could.

We score over 70 pts and win! 71-67! Good XJ shows up and leads us! race will have a bounceback game and start playing like AJ Moye!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT