ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Rutgers Prediction Thread

Piscataway isn't Columbus, but I hope the environment has improved from what it used to be.

I wasn't there but I remember a game Rutgers played against Navy about 15 years ago. The US was fully engaged at the time in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, there were uniformed Midshipmen in the stadium and Navy players, of course, have a commitment upon graduation. The behavior of some Rutgers fans during the game was despicable, with chants of "Navy sucks!" and "F*ck you, Navy," and taunting of an injured Navy player.

On a different note, I remember Schiano with a shit-eating grin on his face in the closing minutes of last year's game in Bloomington. There's nothing I'd like better than to see us stick it to them on Saturday.

This was like 3 people 17 years ago. Shut up.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
Piscataway isn't Columbus, but I hope the environment has improved from what it used to be.

I wasn't there but I remember a game Rutgers played against Navy about 15 years ago. The US was fully engaged at the time in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, there were uniformed Midshipmen in the stadium and Navy players, of course, have a commitment upon graduation. The behavior of some Rutgers fans during the game was despicable, with chants of "Navy sucks!" and "F*ck you, Navy," and taunting of an injured Navy player.

On a different note, I remember Schiano with a shit-eating grin on his face in the closing minutes of last year's game in Bloomington. There's nothing I'd like better than to see us stick it to them on Saturday.
I was at that game, sitting right near the midshipmen. They were chanting “hey Rutgers girls, show us your t**ts before any Rutgers fans got out of line. And they were very few of them that did. And I imagine the taunting of a Navy player was just your imagination, because your comment is the only time I ever heard of it.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I was at that game, sitting right near the midshipmen. They were chanting “hey Rutgers girls, show us your t**ts before any Rutgers fans got out of line. And they were very few of them that did. And I imagine the taunting of a Navy player was just your imagination, because your comment is the only time I ever heard of it.
Your fans suck.

Reactions: bang63
I remember this article now and I know what this writer said. But I was sitting right in front of the midshipmen. I know what happened a hell of a lot better than he did, and I gave him hell for it at the time, as did a lot of others who were sitting in that section. He was a former Navy journalist with an agenda who couldn’t find anyone to back up what he thought he heard.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT