ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Rutgers Prediction Thread

IU 20
RU 16
I get to see this one in person. Should be great weather, mid 60s.
Piscataway isn't Columbus, but I hope the environment has improved from what it used to be.

I wasn't there but I remember a game Rutgers played against Navy about 15 years ago. The US was fully engaged at the time in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, there were uniformed Midshipmen in the stadium and Navy players, of course, have a commitment upon graduation. The behavior of some Rutgers fans during the game was despicable, with chants of "Navy sucks!" and "F*ck you, Navy," and taunting of an injured Navy player.

On a different note, I remember Schiano with a shit-eating grin on his face in the closing minutes of last year's game in Bloomington. There's nothing I'd like better than to see us stick it to them on Saturday.

Unfortunately I think this is the game we see the team completely giving up.... 49-14 Rutgers... Definitely hope I'm wrong but I see nothing to make me think otherwise at this point.

Rutgers has the edge on defense- Tom Allen defensive skill was on display when Maryland’s backup QB gashed us.
IU- 6 Rutgers-21
The wheels fall off and Scott Dolson has some serious work to do to prevent our program falling even further behind the rest of the league

Piscataway isn't Columbus, but I hope the environment has improved from what it used to be.

I wasn't there but I remember a game Rutgers played against Navy about 15 years ago. The US was fully engaged at the time in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, there were uniformed Midshipmen in the stadium and Navy players, of course, have a commitment upon graduation. The behavior of some Rutgers fans during the game was despicable, with chants of "Navy sucks!" and "F*ck you, Navy," and taunting of an injured Navy player.

On a different note, I remember Schiano with a shit-eating grin on his face in the closing minutes of last year's game in Bloomington. There's nothing I'd like better than to see us stick it to them on Saturday.
Oh, a revenge game you say?

Allen and crew always tank in those.

Rutgers 42
IU 17

I like this match-up. Rutger's strengths don't correspond with our weaknesses. They don't have a good pass rush. Their offensive line isn't very good.

Their offense is pretty bad. Flirting with rutger level. I don't think we have to get very exotic on D. Their skill players aren't going to beat us unless we have busts.

Their defense is solid. The good news is if we get north of 24 points I think we win. One score per quarter should do it. Be methodical.

We could lose this game if we are -3 in turnovers and give them a defensive or special teams touchdown. Or if our guys have already checked out. But I think they still have fight in them.

I like Indiana 26-16.

IU 20 RU 13

I think our run defense is more than capable of stopping Rutgers, and gets off the field on 3rd down.

Injuries aren’t nearly as bad this year.

So sad. Go 3-0 then desperate to find Ws in next 9 games. Comes down to "must wins." I have no confidence we get any after Rutgers, but I'll say 30-28 for our last win of the year.

Rutgers has the edge on defense- Tom Allen defensive skill was on display when Maryland’s backup QB gashed us.
IU- 6 Rutgers-21
The wheels fall off and Scott Dolson has some serious work to do to prevent our program falling even further behind the rest of the league
Happy to say I didn’t see this effort from IU! 14-0 and looking great!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT