ADVERTISEMENT

IU playing Man vs Zone coverage

4IUSox2

All-Big Ten
Feb 5, 2003
Raiola’s Passer rating vs Zone coverage, which IU plays most of the time, is 90%. Against Man to Man, only 44.5%. That’s obviously a drastic difference. How does IU not let him get into a good rhythm back there?

Coaches or others in the know here, do you see IU switching this up on Saturday to play more press/man coverage to take advantage of this stat? If so, how much can a predominantly zone team, like IU, change up in just a 2 week window to prep?

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet
Raiola’s Passer rating vs Zone coverage, which IU plays most of the time, is 90%. Against Man to Man, only 44.5%. That’s obviously a drastic difference. How does IU not let him get into a good rhythm back there?

Coaches or others in the know here, do you see IU switching this up on Saturday to play more press/man coverage to take advantage of this stat? If so, how much can a predominantly zone team, like IU, change up in just a 2 week window to prep?
A lot depends on the zone you play. I used a zone with man principles once the routes were declared because I didn't want to start with man due to needing run support. I question IU's zone defense because how much space they give up to receivers. A true zone defense is hard to switch DBs to play man coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT