ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Nebraska Prediction Thread

Nebraska 24
IU 13

This is Nebraska's best opportunity for a win remaining on their schedule. Probably IU's best chance too, but the game is in Lincoln, in front of 80-90K Husker fans that are dying for a victory.

We generally don't start games like this well...which will get their crowd jacked up. I just can't envision this team being solid enough to win on the road.

I think it'll be an ugly game. Both teams/offenses are pretty bad. Turnovers and red zone scoring will decide it, like most games. But I doubt its high scoring.

Hope I'm wrong. I was pretty correct on the Cincy game though...and I suspect I am here too.

Nebraska 24
IU 13

This is Nebraska's best opportunity for a win remaining on their schedule. Probably IU's best chance too, but the game is in Lincoln, in front of 80-90K Husker fans that are dying for a victory.

We generally don't start games like this well...which will get their crowd jacked up. I just can't envision this team being solid enough to win on the road.

I think it'll be an ugly game. Both teams/offenses are pretty bad. Turnovers and red zone scoring will decide it, like most games. But I doubt its high scoring.

Hope I'm wrong. I was pretty correct on the Cincy game though...and I suspect I am here too.
If we don’t score more than 13 against that sieve of a defense, I guarantee we lose !

69-17 Nebraska! Oops that was in 1978...my bad! I think I.M. Hipp is still running around Memorial Stadium somewhere. Aarrgghh! I think we have a reasonable chance for a win this Saturday. I'll go with 35-31... the Good Guys in Cream and Crimson!
Go Hoosiers!!!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Nebraska 24
IU 13

We need a big play or two, a kickoff return, a pick-six, if we are to get a W.

So far the WOTC has this game as IU 29, Nebraska 27 . . . after adjusting for outliers (Bayern . . . 76 hasn't weighed in yet). If you include Bayern's prediction (same score as always . . . opponents 41, IU 14) it becomes Nebraska 31, IU 30 . . . although it's actually a push.

Neb fan here. IU 34- Neb 24

Worst Neb defense I've ever seen. I hope our interim coaches load the box. Blitz . And press in the secondary. Rather than running a permanent prevent.

Last edited:
IU 45 Nebraska 17 At this point, The Nebraska Defense couldn't stop a clock much less our Offense. Also the natives in Lincoln are getting restless. If We get ahead in this one look for the fans to turn on their team and the Boo Birds to show up.

IU 31
NU 17
NU DL vs. IU OL if they perform equally that's + for IU offense. The D will bounce back adequately cause Allen and Wilt put all into the gameplan.

Vegas doesn’t respect us. That’s the actual point.
So your point is Ga. Southern has won 3 bowl games since 2014 and were 23.5 point dogs (respect) and IU hasn’t won a bowl game since 1992 and we are 5 point dogs (no respect), not sure I understand the logic, but that’s ok. I just hope the oddsmakers are wrong , like they were for Ga. Southern !

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
No prediction here because I rarely do that, but I don’t trust us right now.
Hoping that the staff isn’t too wound up and frothing at the mouth and that gets the team too wired. When Allen does that and gets too geeked up, we are prone to errors. Just relax, play ball and take care of business. DJ will be out so need production from Simmons and McCulley.

So your point is Ga. Southern has won 3 bowl games since 2014 and were 23.5 point dogs (respect) and IU hasn’t won a bowl game since 1992 and we are 5 point dogs (no respect), not sure I understand the logic, but that’s ok. I just hope the oddsmakers are wrong , like they were for Ga. Southern !
I really wasn't considering Georgia Southern for purposes of this conversation, but that was definitely a bad call by Vegas. However, as far as our prospects of actually winning the game, Georgia Southern had a better chance because they're a slightly better program. We're not. Doesn't mean we can't or won't win tomorrow night, but I'm not daring picking it to happen.

Vegas is right more often than not. I second your hope that the "not" applies here. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT