ADVERTISEMENT

IU Grads Poll

IU Grad?

• Yes

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Remember when someone tried to start an alternative site just for "serious" discussions and you had to be invited to participate? That thing lasted about a month from what I recall. Almost as good as the infamous ranking of posters.

I am sure for that you will drop a couple of spots in the next ranking.

Believe it or not, it may have had to do with me criticizing someone for taking shots at Sarah Palin.

Yes, I leaned much more to the right back then.

I remember those days (you leaning more right). Interesting to see you moderate whereas I usually hear about people moving more extreme in belief as they age? I assume part of that is less about your views changing as much as it is the GOP moving more extreme.

Remember when someone tried to start an alternative site just for "serious" discussions and you had to be invited to participate? That thing lasted about a month from what I recall. Almost as good as the infamous ranking of posters.
How would you know? Sounds like this brilliant Buzz fellow would have vetoed your invite. 😀

Yeah, he wouldn't have tolerated your thin-skinned, low signal quality posts. He didn't tolerate mine when I first found the board, but really thoughtful posters like DougS, Buzz, IUTerry, and Rockfish prodded me to engage in better conversation. I guess I'm one of those awful people who rises and falls to the level of what surrounds him.

Buzz could be a dick about it, but the quality of the arguments and conversation was exponentially higher during his reign. Posters like @BradStevens , @Univee2 , and @Marvin the Martian were the norm. Folks as thoughtful and informed as @crazed_hoosier2 and @Noodle or as middle of the road establishment as @Aloha Hoosier (all of whom I mostly disagree with politically but have learned a ton from and have tons of respect for*) were seen a bit as bomb-throwers in that regime. Some of that is mellowing and becoming better informed with age, but a lot of that is something else.

*add Ranger/Wakeboarder to that list, too, but can't remember if he was around much in the Buzz era.
I don't recall Ranger at that time. Rerun Stubs was one who was around. I am apparently a bad poster but I survived the Buzz reign of terror ok.

Is it time?
it-is.gif

Blasphemy but looking back but that degree from IU was a big waste of time and money.
And unfortunately it was way before the taxpayers (me) would cover my student debt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT