IU Grads Poll

IU Grad?

• Yes

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
How did you come upon this Forum?
I don’t recall but it was almost 20 years ago (maybe more?). Hell, I was once banned permanently. I even still have the email from Buzz banning me in 2009 (I forget how I was allowed back):

No, N, what I did was suggest that your post wasn't fit for polite company, and as can be seen below, it wasn't. It was rude, condescending, boorish, hostile, childish, and insulting to others. As for fixing it, didn't your mom teach you that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? Given your tone, while asking me for something I'm in no way obligated to do, I'm guessing not.​

What I will do before too long is take the whole dopey thread down. What I will also do is make your suspension permanent, since this e-mail has convinced me you have no intention of playing nice with the other kids. Finally, I will direct any future e-mails from you directly to my junk mail folder, so I don't have to put up with you any more.​

I don’t recall but it was almost 20 years ago (maybe more?). Hell, I was once banned permanently. I even still have the email from Buzz banning me in 2009 (I forget how I was allowed back):

No, N, what I did was suggest that your post wasn't fit for polite company, and as can be seen below, it wasn't. It was rude, condescending, boorish, hostile, childish, and insulting to others. As for fixing it, didn't your mom teach you that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? Given your tone, while asking me for something I'm in no way obligated to do, I'm guessing not.​

What I will do before too long is take the whole dopey thread down. What I will also do is make your suspension permanent, since this e-mail has convinced me you have no intention of playing nice with the other kids. Finally, I will direct any future e-mails from you directly to my junk mail folder, so I don't have to put up with you any more.​
Yours in anger,

Ignatius J. Reilly

He seems nice

A historical document right there. It all runs together, was Buzz one of Peeg’s boys or were those Star news days?

RIP Buzz, you fvking prick.

One of my earlier joys here was ARuss reinstating me after the prick canned me.

After the third or fourth time, he gave up....

Reactions: DANC

Didn’t deal with Buzz but based on that response to you he was pompous dick in the mold of Rockfish.

I am sure he would have given me a permanent ban quickly.

I started my post secondary education at IUPUI though dropped out before the end of my second semester. I completed my degree at The School of Hard Knocks with a double major in Life's Little Kicks in the Ass and Quantum Pain in the Ass Theory.

Does that count?

Last edited:
Then ban me. Shame to do that right when I’m considering becoming a paying member.

So the plan worked?

95e2jl.jpg

Reactions: sobester
I started my post secondary education at IUPUI though dropped out before the end of my second semester. I completed my degree at The School of Hard Knocks with a double major in Life's Little Kicks in the Ass and Quantum Pain in the Ass Theory.

Does that count?
Yes. See you in auburn

😄 (cat_chaser...Great name BTW)​

cat_chaser

All-SEC​

Here’s what I don’t understand from MAGA. If you guys are bothered by inflation then why don’t you just agree to let us pay more taxes so you can pay less?
We don’t have to agree for you to do it. Just write a big ol’ check and make it out to the IRS. Not a gawd damn thing stopping you. Or just continue to virtue signal and act like paying 10k more a year in basic goods and services is good for the average American family.

You could also do the environment and climate (and us) a favor and jump off the nearest bridge. You know, to lessen your carbon footprint and save the world. Really walk the walk type of stuff.

Reactions:trueblujr2, SDC888, warrior-cat and 5 others

That must be from the good old days when men were men and mods were mods.

I find it ironic that I don’t post here in

😄 (cat_chaser...Great name BTW)​

cat_chaser

All-SEC​

We don’t have to agree for you to do it. Just write a big ol’ check and make it out to the IRS. Not a gawd damn thing stopping you. Or just continue to virtue signal and act like paying 10k more a year in basic goods and services is good for the average American family.

You could also do the environment and climate (and us) a favor and jump off the nearest bridge. You know, to lessen your carbon footprint and save the world. Really walk the walk type of stuff.

Reactions:trueblujr2, SDC888, warrior-cat and 5 others

Agree to FORCE them to pay more taxes.

I like the cut of that guy's jib.

• Haha
Reactions: All4You
I couldn't imagine hanging around at some rivals forums...to shitpost football or basketball...let alone their "current events" board...

Except for maybe TexAgs...those boys are based. 😄

Thanks for the link. I think I might go over there and see how that enlightened group responds to some Cornell West campaign ideas.

😄

You gotta do it...and if you do, "livestream" it here.

Aggies are great, BTW...kinda like Boilers when it gets down to it. 😄
I know; my wife is one.

And I met a lot of them when I was in Texas. I still love texting some of them, telling them that the A&M could never compete in a real conference like the B1G. Infuriates them every time.

Didn’t deal with Buzz but based on that response to you he was pompous dick in the mold of Rockfish.

I am sure he would have given me a permanent ban quickly.
Yeah, he wouldn't have tolerated your thin-skinned, low signal quality posts. He didn't tolerate mine when I first found the board, but really thoughtful posters like DougS, Buzz, IUTerry, and Rockfish prodded me to engage in better conversation. I guess I'm one of those awful people who rises and falls to the level of what surrounds him.

Buzz could be a dick about it, but the quality of the arguments and conversation was exponentially higher during his reign. Posters like @BradStevens , @Univee2 , and @Marvin the Martian were the norm. Folks as thoughtful and informed as @crazed_hoosier2 and @Noodle or as middle of the road establishment as @Aloha Hoosier (all of whom I mostly disagree with politically but have learned a ton from and have tons of respect for*) were seen a bit as bomb-throwers in that regime. Some of that is mellowing and becoming better informed with age, but a lot of that is something else.

*add Ranger/Wakeboarder to that list, too, but can't remember if he was around much in the Buzz era.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Btw Stoll, the chances of me posting less often are much greater if I don’t see “Stolll mentioned you in post” when I login.

I scanned the board those days and didn’t bother. I’d have made it five minutes at best
Right. I stayed away from the Cooler on purpose and only came back at the challenge from Bowelmania, aka Aloha.

It's still a cesspool, but finally has some alternate opinions.

RIP Buzz, you fvking prick.

One of my earlier joys here was ARuss reinstating me after the prick canned me.

After the third or fourth time, he gave up....
ANuss used to delete and ban me from his site all the time.

Was there a running feud between him and Buzz?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT