ADVERTISEMENT

IU Football Signing Day Showcase

DANC

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Does anyone else think it odd that they don't say it's in the Henke Hall of Champions? At least that's where it used to be.

Maybe it's somewhere else, like the weight room?

The Indiana Football Signing Day Showcase will take place in Memorial Stadium on Wednesday evening. Admission is free and the program will begin at 5 p.m. before men's basketball hosts Penn State at 6:30 p.m. Free parking is available at Gates 8 & 9. Fans can enter Memorial Stadium via the North End Zone. Game day snacks and refreshments will be available beginning at 4:30 p.m.

Does anyone else think it odd that they don't say it's in the Henke Hall of Champions? At least that's where it used to be.

Maybe it's somewhere else, like the weight room?

The Indiana Football Signing Day Showcase will take place in Memorial Stadium on Wednesday evening. Admission is free and the program will begin at 5 p.m. before men's basketball hosts Penn State at 6:30 p.m. Free parking is available at Gates 8 & 9. Fans can enter Memorial Stadium via the North End Zone. Game day snacks and refreshments will be available beginning at 4:30 p.m.
It's up there. Don't know why it doesn't say that, but it is up in the HHOC.

I'm an idiot. It is in the weight room. Sorry for talking out of my behind.
That's OK. I thought it was odd they didn't mention Henke.

It was pretty crowded - I think there would have been more seating upstairs.

And, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but one line for food? That was a real bottleneck. Usually it's dispersed when it's upstairs and very short lines.

Oh well - it was a good program. I think it's the best thing the Athletic Dept. does for fans.

Reactions: RBB89
I'm an idiot. It is in the weight room. Sorry for talking out of my behind.
That's OK. I thought it was odd they didn't mention Henke.

It was pretty crowded - I think there would have been more seating upstairs.

And, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but one line for food? That was a real bottleneck. Usually it's dispersed when it's upstairs and very short lines.

Oh well - it was a good program. I think it's the best thing the Athletic Dept. does for fans.
It was crowded but there were empty seats around. A lot of those people standing in the back could have come up and took a seat. Fun show though. I really do like our coaching staff. Every one of them are good men.

I was watching on the computer, but quit after the volume went off while DeBord was talking. I waited a while, but when it was obvious it wasn't going to return I switched to the basketball pregame show.

It was rotten in the weight room,lucky somebody didn`t trip over the equipment,the line for food was way too long,not enough seats,couldn`t see through the heads of people,had to stand in line for food,stand to eat,stand to watch the presentation...total standing time probably 1 hr.and 45 minutes.Next year if it is in the weight room,or some place even dumber,I won`t attend.Heard from an usher,nobody checked to see if Henke Hall was booked,and it was.Let`s see...signing date was always the first Wed. in February....wow!

Reactions: DANC
It was rotten in the weight room,lucky somebody didn`t trip over the equipment,the line for food was way too long,not enough seats,couldn`t see through the heads of people,had to stand in line for food,stand to eat,stand to watch the presentation...total standing time probably 1 hr.and 45 minutes.Next year if it is in the weight room,or some place even dumber,I won`t attend.Heard from an usher,nobody checked to see if Henke Hall was booked,and it was.Let`s see...signing date was always the first Wed. in February....wow!
Sour grapes galore! We actually had to stand in line for food? Oh my! The line went fast and the food was ok. As for standing I was seated near the front and there were empty seats all around me. You should have looked around a bit. I really enjoyed myself.

Good Lord, lighten up, Francis.

That was quite a rant for free food and a free event. Also, even when it was up in HH, there was always limited seating, and people stood in the back. Also, like someone already said, there were available seats.

What equipment could you have possibly tripped over? It's not like they just leave weights laying out everywhere.

So you're saying Helen Ord has been right all along?

It was cool being in the weight room. I was a bit worried about eating the pulled pork, thinking it may have been leftover from the Coach Wilson BBQ stand:eek:.....
Haha apparently she was right!

You poor baby! Wow -- wasn't the free parking free enough for you? Should there have been a golf cart meeting your vehicle? The equipment in the venue was quite visible and you should not have had any trouble navigating around it. The food was fine, and the large turnout may have made the line a bit slow but it was not a big deal. Perhaps the cookie assortment wasn't large enough for you. Moreover, the program was well conducted. Your complaints fall on deaf ears. Don't worry -- we won't miss you next year.

Last edited:
So this party was open to anybody? Did you have to be a season ticket holder?

Sour grapes galore! We actually had to stand in line for food? Oh my! The line went fast and the food was ok. As for standing I was seated near the front and there were empty seats all around me. You should have looked around a bit. I really enjoyed myself.
Um......the food line was NOT 'fast'. I arrived at 4:40 and the line was to the door. It took me 25 minutes to get from the door to the food. Thankfully some friends saved me a place to sit.

I saw no empty seats from where I was sitting, but the place was packed around the seats by the standing crowd.

It was really poorly organized, compared to past years.

Did anyone see Fred? We didn't.

You poor baby! Wow -- wasn't the free parking free enough for you? Should there have been a golf cart meeting your vehicle? The equipment in the venue was quite visible and you should not have had any trouble navigating around it. The food was fine, and the large turnout may have made the line a bit slow but it was not a big deal. Perhaps the cookie assortment wasn't large enough for you. Moreover, the program was well conducted. Your complaints fall on deaf ears. Don't worry -- we won't miss you next year.
Great post - let's run off as many fans as we can, especially those hard-core ones who go to events like this. dws, if you didn't figure it out.

Everything is free, yet people are complaining? Probably the same fans who stay at their tailgates and don't come into the stadium or even go to begin with.

Um......the food line was NOT 'fast'. I arrived at 4:40 and the line was to the door. It took me 25 minutes to get from the door to the food. Thankfully some friends saved me a place to sit.

I saw no empty seats from where I was sitting, but the place was packed around the seats by the standing crowd.

It was really poorly organized, compared to past years.

Did anyone see Fred? We didn't.
Hmmm. you must have went to a different event than I did, or you must have a different perspective on life than I have. Yeah, the line took a while but frankly I did not time it. I have certainly been in slower lines but I ran into a good old friend in the line and we chatted the whole time.

Can't believe all the complaining about a free event with free food. The coaches were all standing around and free to talk. After I got through the line I was able to chat with Mike DeBord and Shawn Watson. They were both very gracious.

Some people just seem to have to complain about everything. I personally was happy to see a good turnout and I felt it was very well organized.

Great post - let's run off as many fans as we can, especially those hard-core ones who go to events like this. dws, if you didn't figure it out.
I go to this every year, along with a variety of other football related functions. It's always nice to be among other hard core fans.

Hmmm. you must have went to a different event than I did, or you must have a different perspective on life than I have. Yeah, the line took a while but frankly I did not time it. I have certainly been in slower lines but I ran into a good old friend in the line and we chatted the whole time.

Can't believe all the complaining about a free event with free food. The coaches were all standing around and free to talk. After I got through the line I was able to chat with Mike DeBord and Shawn Watson. They were both very gracious.

Some people just seem to have to complain about everything. I personally was happy to see a good turnout and I felt it was very well organized.
I'm not complaining. I'm comparing the event to previous such events, which were run smoothly. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are 'complaining'. I'm just stating facts. First you said the line was not slow and now you're claiming you don't know. Which makes me question whether you were even there. If you think this one was well organized, you must not have been at any of the previous ones.

I chatted with Coach Allen in the elevator on the way down and several other coaches - that's what the event is for.

By the way - the food isn't 'free'. It's paid for with my, and others', contributions to the Athletic Dept. It doesn't kill IU to throw a bone or two to donors and to those whom they want to buy season tickets.

I am a big fan of this event, so if I happen to state a couple facts that don't jibe with your experience, that's not 'complaining'.

Reactions: Mr.IU
Coach Allen said at the event they wanted to have it in the weight room to show the fans where the players do the work to prepare to play football. This was our first time to go to the event, so I have nothing to compare it to. There was a wait for food, but it was no big deal. In fact, the food was better than I expected since there was no charge. We will do this again if we have the opportunity.

Log lines for food? Too few seats? Crowded?

Sounds Like a good problem to have around the program. Next year do it in a bigger space and have more food lines. Keep it growing.

I did not attend but was hoping they would bring at least parts of the video to TAH to show off there. But no one said "Simon Sez" (a few will understand that reference)

I'm not complaining. I'm comparing the event to previous such events, which were run smoothly. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are 'complaining'. I'm just stating facts. First you said the line was not slow and now you're claiming you don't know. Which makes me question whether you were even there. If you think this one was well organized, you must not have been at any of the previous ones.

I chatted with Coach Allen in the elevator on the way down and several other coaches - that's what the event is for.

By the way - the food isn't 'free'. It's paid for with my, and others', contributions to the Athletic Dept. It doesn't kill IU to throw a bone or two to donors and to those whom they want to buy season tickets.

I am a big fan of this event, so if I happen to state a couple facts that don't jibe with your experience, that's not 'complaining'.
Wow, your a tool. Picking apart my statement about the line being fast vs. I've been in slower lines? I also contribute to the VC. Can you tell me how much of my donation was spent on that pork sandwich? IU could have neglected to host this event and they would still have received my donation. That makes the event and the pork sandwich free for me. I assume you would pull at least part of your donation if they did not offer the food?

All meaningless arguments. The tone of your earlier comment was of a complaining nature. Then you go into attack mode.

It always amazes me when negative people do not recognize how negative they come across. So, now I give you the opportunity to strike again but I will not bother to read it. Have a nice day ;}

Reactions: Bobsnotbucks
Wow, your a tool. Picking apart my statement about the line being fast vs. I've been in slower lines? I also contribute to the VC. Can you tell me how much of my donation was spent on that pork sandwich? IU could have neglected to host this event and they would still have received my donation. That makes the event and the pork sandwich free for me. I assume you would pull at least part of your donation if they did not offer the food?

All meaningless arguments. The tone of your earlier comment was of a complaining nature. Then you go into attack mode.

It always amazes me when negative people do not recognize how negative they come across. So, now I give you the opportunity to strike again but I will not bother to read it. Have a nice day ;}
Caught in a lie and then attack. Are you sure you're not related to Ordfan or whomever you're posting as today?

Oh, and it's "you're" a tool, not "your". You're welcome.

Log lines for food? Too few seats? Crowded?

Sounds Like a good problem to have around the program. Next year do it in a bigger space and have more food lines. Keep it growing.

I did not attend but was hoping they would bring at least parts of the video to TAH to show off there. But no one said "Simon Sez" (a few will understand that reference)
It is a good problem to have, which is why I was surprised it wasn't more organized and more thought wasn't put into the setup.

As I said, I think this is the best program for the fans the AD puts on. I'm pretty sure they'll rethink having it in the weight room next year.

Reactions: Mr.IU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT