ADVERTISEMENT

IU Football Missed Prime Time

If you guys think Deion Sanders is too cocky what do you think when Tom Allen talks about the Hoosiers going to the Rose Bowl?

Reactions: vesuvius13
If you guys think Deion Sanders is too cocky what do you think when Tom Allen talks about the Hoosiers going to the Rose Bowl?

When CTA talks like that I don't think he's being too cocky... I think I'm listening to a loonatic.

It doesn't matter. These kids today are spoiled rotten brats. I really don't give two sh!ts. I'm not aiming this at you either senlo I'm a boomer I was brought up different. We got our asses paddled in school. Today you threaten your kid with discipline they fire back I'll call the cops. The kids at Colorado will get their chance all Deion on did was put them all on notice. There is a new sheriff in town and he's old school.

Bill McCartney had the same Godly values back in the late 80's at CU and most of the 3rd string at CU would have started anywhere in the country. Deion is bringing it back.
LOL. The police blotter was full of CU photos, several of them multiple and serious offenses. Nothing that has happened at Mich. St. or UMiami in their heyday tops what went on at Colorado under McCartney. The guy was a religious fraud and it's all well-documented. If McCartney had to coach under the same scrutiny and in the modern climate of today's coaches with the criminals he brought in there, he wouldn't last a week.

Reactions: MIS01 and jsenleo
I’ve always loved Deion. I even have a Deion Sanders Cincinnati Reds jersey. Colorado will give me a second team to cheer on next season.

If he has success at Colorado, and Norvell doesn’t get it done at FSU..,
Not bell unfortunately for me is getting it done. Hopefully Napier can turn Florida back around. As far as Coach Prime we will see. He definitely is a salesman. But his success is going to ride on who he hires to fill out his staff. He will get kids. But if he does not have the right coaches in place that will eventually go away. He is a good place to succeed. Nice facilities. PAC 12 conference that will be without USC and UCLA soon. And people willingly to kick in money.

LOL. The police blotter was full of CU photos, several of them multiple and serious offenses. Nothing that has happened at Mich. St. or UMiami in their heyday tops what went on at Colorado under McCartney. The guy was a religious fraud and it's all well-documented. If McCartney had to coach under the same scrutiny and in the modern climate of today's coaches with the criminals he brought in there, he wouldn't last a week.
LMAO you're clueless. Criminals? So Mac brought in criminals. Many of those kids were all inner city. Mac pulled em in. There were some issues, as with any program with those types of players but many of them went on to better things. Jeez your a clown. Go flush yourself.

LMAO you're clueless. Criminals? So Mac brought in criminals. Many of those kids were all inner city. Mac pulled em in. There were some issues, as with any program with those types of players but many of them went on to better things. Jeez your a clown. Go flush yourself.
More than two dozen with major felony charges. What McCartney "pulled in" were thugs who had no business on a college campus. People who were a legitimate physical threat to the rest of the students on campus and the community at large. Kids who were not close to ever earning a college degree. Granted, he certainly was not the only program in the country doing this, but Colorado football made a mockery of everything college athletics is supposed to represent. And to make matters worse, it was all being perpetuated by a hypocrite whose whole life was a total lie to the "Christian" propaganda he espoused. He, like a huge number of his players, had no business on a college campus pretending to be some kind of leader and molder of men. Your fanboy fantasy notwithstanding. You can think of me what you want, but when it comes to Bill McCartney your head is squarely up your ass.

Reactions: MIS01
Complete quote from Deion Sanders: “It ain’t gonna be no more of a mess that these wonderful fans, the student body and some of your parents have put up with for probably two decades now. I’m coming, and when I get here, it’s gonna be changed,” Sanders told a room full of Colorado players. “So I want y’all to get ready to go ahead and jump in the portal and do whatever you’re gonna get because if more of you jump in, the more room you make.”

WTF!... He is tactless... No leader and teacher (ugh, this is still college, right?) would say it as poorly as he did.... Regardless of how he might want to spin this later, for him talk to the group of college players... who probably AREN'T getting any NIL... as if they are the reason the program has failed for the last two decades and that he's throwing them to the curb without looking at each individual, is wrong... totally wrong.

He might care about HIS players (read that however you want) but the others, forget it... The young men that are already there, he'll screw them in s a** for all the wrong reasons.
This is what is wrong today, a man of his word tells it like it is and people here hate it. Is it any wonder IU doesn't care about football any more than it does.

I hate to say it, but I am afraid too many are just to white bread to accept anything but how they see things.

This is what is wrong today, a man of his word tells it like it is and people here hate it. Is it any wonder IU doesn't care about football any more than it does.

I hate to say it, but I am afraid too many are just to white bread to accept anything but how they see things.

I always call it like it is...

So, if you were in Deion's position (college) is that how you would have said it to your players?... and made it a public display?

I don't think so..... I call BS.

Last edited:
More than two dozen with major felony charges. What McCartney "pulled in" were thugs who had no business on a college campus. People who were a legitimate physical threat to the rest of the students on campus and the community at large. Kids who were not close to ever earning a college degree. Granted, he certainly was not the only program in the country doing this, but Colorado football made a mockery of everything college athletics is supposed to represent. And to make matters worse, it was all being perpetuated by a hypocrite whose whole life was a total lie to the "Christian" propaganda he espoused. He, like a huge number of his players, had no business on a college campus pretending to be some kind of leader and molder of men. Your fanboy fantasy notwithstanding. You can think of me what you want, but when it comes to Bill McCartney your head is squarely up your ass.
LMAO! What are you some kind of p*$$y? No business on a college campus? Mockery of everything college athletics? WTF I lived there back then you fool. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Coach Mac did and you can GFY. The only thing offended in Boulder were the hairy legged, hairy pitted, hippy dumba$$ chicks. We won a national championship! Suck on that!

LMAO! What are you some kind of p*$$y? No business on a college campus? Mockery of everything college athletics? WTF I lived there back then you fool. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Coach Mac did and you can GFY. The only thing offended in Boulder were the hairy legged, hairy pitted, hippy dumba$$ chicks. We won a national championship! Suck on that!

Good lord... how old are you?.... 12 or 13?

Good lord... how old are you?.... 12 or 13?
I'm not gonna listen to some dip wad trash what Coach Mac did in Boulder, because he read some newspaper horsesh!t. When he got there the football program was in shambles. What he did was nothing short of a miracle. You either lived there and went through it or you saw it from the outside. The Sal Aunese story alone captured the entire state and EVERYONE was pulling for that kid. Everyone was deeply moved at the time and he ended up dying of stomach cancer. For some old fart to trash all that he can go screw himself.

I'm not gonna listen to some dip wad trash what Coach Mac did in Boulder, because he read some newspaper horsesh!t. When he got there the football program was in shambles. What he did was nothing short of a miracle. You either lived there and went through it or you saw it from the outside. The Sal Aunese story alone captured the entire state and EVERYONE was pulling for that kid. Everyone was deeply moved at the time and he ended up dying of stomach cancer. For some old fart to trash all that he can go screw himself.
You're the Christian type that I just love *sarcasm*

As long as they win, indianaftw doesn't care

So what you are saying is that you are completely cool with all the bad behaviors at other programs over the years ( Mich.State, Miami, Oklahoma under Switzer, etc) because all of the stuff that happened in those places paled in comparison to what took place at Colorado under McCartney. If you believe that anything and everything should be tolerated as long as teams are winning, that's your prerogative. Personally, I want nothing to do with a university that operates that way. And I want nothing to do with coaches like McCartney who profess to be Christians and live lives that could not be more corrupt. I actually prefer a guy like Barry Switzer who at least had the decency to acknowledge that he doesn't care about anything but winning.

Could be but like all coaching changes you just never know. With UCLA still possible status and USC leaving, Colorado could compete with UW, Oregon and Utah. It will be interesting to see what happens but this morning I just changed my focus to the PUke barn fire on if their HC goes back home. I am glad I am retired otherwise I would get nothing done because of these multiple forums to keep up on.

Colorado's AD said this is his last FB coaching hire and he is sticking with him win or lose.
Yes, If Deion doesn’t turn CU around the AD will be looking for a job first.

Deion has already surrounded himself with really good coordinators. He’s not an X’s and O’s guy, but an administrator type coach. He’ll haul in top 15 classes and be in the upper half of the PAC 10 in a couple years. Guy has the it factor.

So, if you were in Deion's position (college) is that how you would have said it to your players?... and made it a public display?

As opposed to: "love each other?" Looks like Colorado will not be handing out participation trophies next year.

My guess is that Sanders with the help of his assistants looked at the skill level of the returning players and said it's not good enough. to win. So he is inviting players to hit the portal. No big deal. I didn't see any tears either.

I read the full transcipt and yes I would have said what Deion said as Colorado was 1-11 last season. He needs to establish an attitude of accountability in the team so throwing down the gauntlet will separate the chaff from the wheat.

Deion Sanders gave half of the salary back to the athletic department. Come on Tom! You can do much better than that!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT