ADVERTISEMENT

IU at Duke 11/27

chaboom

Junior
Mar 17, 2005
Is Duke really as dominate this year as they looked last night (shooting 54% from the floor and 46% from three) or will this year's Calipari fantasy team prove to be just really not that good? Can IU contain Duke's running game? Who can check Zion W?

Duke looked great in front of what amounted to a uk home game crowd.

Easy to see Duke has multiple skill players at each level. Zion is a beast and he may not be their best player. And to top it off, IU gets to play at Duke. Excited to see how IU takes up the challenge.

I get to be there for my second IU game at Cameron! Expect a full report!

I'd hoped with their freshmen, we might be able to steal a win, but after last night, I don't see us being able to beat that team. Wow. They really are an NBA team and might have 5 first round picks next year... including 3 top 5 or 10!

I think we'll put Morgan and Fitz on ZW. Can't see Davis being able to stay with him. I'd really challenge JM to rise to the challenge as a senior. He wants to get to the NBA so no better audition than showing you can guard someone like ZW. Getting a few fouls on him wouldn't hurt either. Oh yeah, they're at home!

Champions Classic is always weird because these teams are essentially playing live competition for the first time all season.

Duke still has no inside game to speak of and it remains to be seen if K can get consistent defense out of them.

One thing is for sure. UK and MSU didn’t look like they belonged on the same floor as Kansas and UK last night. Although I don’t believe that they’re 40 points better than U.K. this year.

The season has a way of evening things out.

Is Duke really as dominate this year as they looked last night (shooting 54% from the floor and 46% from three) or will this year's Calipari fantasy team prove to be just really not that good? Can IU contain Duke's running game? Who can check Zion W?
It's DOMINANT

Reactions: seminolesboilers
If Duke has a weakness, it looks like depth. Despite a blowout, they essentially played a 6 man rotation for almost the duration of the game, and outside those 6 guys, the rest of the team only contributed 13 of their 118 pts

If Duke has a weakness, it looks like depth. Despite a blowout, they essentially played a 6 man rotation for almost the duration of the game, and outside those 6 guys, the rest of the team only contributed 13 of their 118 pts

Agreed. But I think depth is overrated in terms of player energy, especially come tournament time when you have a time out every two minutes.

What really matters is fouls and wings like Barrett and Williamson don't tend to get in much foul trouble. Their bigs are all bad so, it wont matter much who is in.

Justin Smith is gonna have his hands full guarding Zion. Bright side is I think he has the athleticism to do it and stay with him, but Zion is an absolute load at 285.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Got to get the them in foul trouble early. Duke had better players than Kentucky - Kentucky may lose 10 games this year. SEC is good.

I remember when they used to match up teams that were considered to be equal competitors. We played Duke last season when they were again ranked #1, so who can tell me why we’re playing Duke again? IU hasn’t been consistently ranked in the top 25 for three seasons!

Reactions: herrli
I remember when they used to match up teams that were considered to be equal competitors. We played Duke last season when they were again ranked #1, so who can tell me why we’re playing Duke again? IU hasn’t been consistently ranked in the top 25 for three seasons!

Try looking at it in terms of "equal competitors" for ratings.

Reactions: BigMobe

Because we're still a draw nationally, much to the consternation of PU fans and the rest of the B10! Just think how CAM can leverage that if we return to winning on the national stage. No reason we shouldn't be among the UKs, KUs and UNCs of the world!

No one..Including myself likes moral victories. .But a loss under ten points in Cameron against this Duke team.
Would tell me we have juice to on the road against any Big Ten team.
And Win !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT