ADVERTISEMENT

IU -2 1/2

IU is much better than awful.
Think of this team with no pack-line D, No Romeo, No Phinesee, No Damezi, No Hunter, No Race, No Forrester, no Archie, no TJD, no Franklin, no chance at Brooks. That's where IU would be with Crean, awful, no tournanent.

I never used the word "awful."

We dont suck. But their is still a long way to go.

Reactions: CC Mac
Most fans don't realize how mediocre we are right now.
Not sure that is a fair assessment. Replace mediocre with limited and you'd be closer to the truth.

This team in some ways reminds me of the Season on the Brink 1986 team. Darryl Thomas (by necessity) playing post, much like Juwan this year. That team was capable of playing really well at times; then the last two games. o_O

Really wish we could have had Race and Jerome healthy all season. This team might not be great, but it'd be totally different - if nothing else than development thru full practices. That alone has hurt this squad more than anything.

If we don't win by 10 points tonight something is seriously wrong.
We need an effective post player 6'10" or bigger to compete against strong rebounding and strong post teams. Moore or Forrester need to develop into that for this season. Race is apparently lost for the season. Is there a Dean Garrett type JC All-American level post player that Archie could bring in for 2 years? IU loses Morgan but gains TJD, but still need more than 1 big man that can play in the post, rebound, and be a rim protector.

Last edited:
I'll be honest. I'm rooting for Nebraska but if i had a bookie I'd probably lay a $100 on IU to cover. They play well at home and it's hard to win down there. Romeo just had a helluva game and Morgan is really good. I'll be shocked if they don't cover that line.

I'll be honest. I'm rooting for Nebraska but if i had a bookie I'd probably lay a $100 on IU to cover. They play well at home and it's hard to win down there. Romeo just had a helluva game and Morgan is really good. I'll be shocked if they don't cover that line.
Where are you from, if Indiana is "down there" ? You're rooting for Nebraska because you are from Michigan or Michigan State?

Most fans don't realize how mediocre we are right now.
We lose to the #2 team on the road and another to a team with a similar record and now we are mediocre? It's called conference play. We have a tough schedule coming up. OSU lost at Rutgers. It happens in conference.

Expect every game will be hard fought. We need to win our home games and be in a position to win road games. And please no more injuries!

Nebraska has a very talented starting lineup. I don't think they have much behind them.

Our starting lineup beat the #2 team in the country on the road and then beat soundedly a very good, upper tier conference team on the road (our bench is another story).

We go 6 deep...they go five deep (probably six but I just know of Watson, Palmer, Copeland and Roby).

If we can avoid foul trouble we win by at least 6.

IU 75
Neb 68

Losing wagers like you always do.

OH, I don't think you want to go down that path do you? Because trust me, I will.

Great to see you still hang on my every word though. Do you attend games at the tin pig barn? Will you be there Sat? If so, I trust you will be full throught the with "Court...Sense...(spit tabacky)...SUCKS!! Chant.

You guys have a game this week and yet the chatter over there is about IU...and me. Love it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT