ADVERTISEMENT

It's way early, but Bart Torvik has IU #21 in 2021 (link)

He has Wisconsin as the team to beat , 6th, solidly ahead of the pack. 7 total top 25 teams, including PU who he seems to rank as a Big title contender, having them ranked closely to State. He is expecting NU to be much improved, ranking them 58, similar to IU’s NET ranking from last year.

gotta feel for Dayton, free falling from a likely 1 seed to a team outside his top 100.

edit: he has Dayton at 85

Reactions: Radio Zero
Goodness, Maryland collapses in his model, misses all the tournaments. I presume they lose Smith too.

He has Wisconsin as the team to beat , 6th, solidly ahead of the pack. 7 total top 25 teams, including PU who he seems to rank as a Big title contender, having them ranked closely to State. He is expecting NU to be much improved, ranking them 58, similar to IU’s NET ranking from last year.

gotta feel for Dayton, free falling from a likely 1 seed to a team outside his top 100.

I think Obi Toppin was the best all around player I saw this year.

Maybe old news, but I haven't seen it mentioned here and I know there are a lot of Torvik fans.

I'm guessing he'll have IU jump up a bit, if and when it's official that Lander will play next season. Maybe my #9 roster ranking isn't all that unrealistic.

http://www.barttorvik.com/trankpre.php
I would hope in year 4 we are better than 20-11 as he has listed for projected record

Reactions: cryano
I would hope in year 4 we are better than 20-11 as he has listed for projected record

overall record isn’t as important to me as b10 standing. I see no reason that in year 4 we shouldn’t be competing for a B10 title. Especially when you have programs like PSU, Rutgers , and Illinois that have shown it’s not that hard to compete in the league.

Reactions: bsmitty08 and kkott
overall record isn’t as important to me as b10 standing. I see no reason that in year 4 we shouldn’t be competing for a B10 title. Especially when you have programs like PSU, Rutgers , and Illinois that have shown it’s not that hard to compete in the league.

Maybe not and I agree, but I also think it's reasonable to say we should have a better record than this year. I think this team needs some higher expectations so they know what the coaching staff thinks they are capable of. Off the top of my head, what I'd be asking: contend for B10 title, top 3 conf finish, split/sweep WI and PU, S16, along with some individual goals. This team was better than they knew this year and that lack of belief, imo, is what separated them from MD, WI, PU, Rutgers and IL. They need to have that mindset and expectation this year.

With all the transfers and NBA announcements, there is a lot of turnover on a roster. If all goes reasonably favorable for IU, they could jump up several spots in the standings pretty easily.

Only losing Pritzl, I guess you've got to rank Wisconsin pretty high, but Top 10 seems too high for that group.

There's never a good time for a pandemic, but this was the best year that I can remember for the little guy.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Just like last year, I don't understand why purdue is ranked that high. Williams and Hunter are nice players and they will slug out some wins in the conference. On a national stage, they still don't have a go to player or collection of talent that others around #16 will have.

Our #21 is a good starting point with what we have returning. Lander adds another high quality talent like TJD. The development of Thompson and our young players will push us higher or drop us lower if they aren't ready.

Reactions: .Gerdis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT