ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official!

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana

That's what I call a serious resume'...

The coaching staff is officially set now and resumes are good but there are still questions about a few of the coaches. With a very good OL coach not limiting Bell we should see how his offense really works. There are enough talented players on offense this year to really let it take off.

The defense will be called by a coach without great results from his stop at Duke, of course not many had success at Duke as it declined in the last several years. I hope coach G proves it was due to not having good enough athletes at Duke and he has a great defense here at IU.

Just have to believe staff chemistry past 2 seasons was a challenge for Coach Allen. Each year joining Hiller another underachieving unit appeared. Questionable hiring can certainly be a discussion but also recognition the position coaching that didn't get the job done. Bell now has someone on offense he can be comfortable building a positive offensive brand. No doubt QB is going to be a focus for the whole O staff to embellish. Also think the 2 D-coordinators can scheme and develop impactful playmakers. Coach Allen has to feel energized by the prospects this group can lead to. In my eyes lots to like.
Go HOOSIERS!

The coaching staff is officially set now and resumes are good but there are still questions about a few of the coaches. With a very good OL coach not limiting Bell we should see how his offense really works. There are enough talented players on offense this year to really let it take off.

The defense will be called by a coach without great results from his stop at Duke, of course not many had success at Duke as it declined in the last several years. I hope coach G proves it was due to not having good enough athletes at Duke and he has a great defense here at IU.
Duke won 9 games this past year. The last time we won 9 games was 1968, right?

The offensive staff looks tremendous at this point. Much stronger than the defensive staff. Guerriri has a great personality, and was a fast riser. Not sure why his results were not better.

Reactions: red hornet
Was impressed that Bell was able to convince Tucker to come over and how complimentary Bell was of both tucker and Tom Allen. I thought there was some friction between Allen and Bell, but Bell genuinely seemed to have a deep affection for Allen, and clearly sold Tucker on Allen. It looks like Bell is "all in" on IU football.

Was impressed that Bell was able to convince Tucker to come over and how complimentary Bell was of both tucker and Tom Allen. I thought there was some friction between Allen and Bell, but Bell genuinely seemed to have a deep affection for Allen, and clearly sold Tucker on Allen. It looks like Bell is "all in" on IU football.
Coach Allen is a huge fan of Coach Bell, which is why he was hired. There’s no “friction” there, and there never has been. Not sure where that rumor came from.

Reactions: red hornet
Go look at their record when our now-Co-Defensive Coordinator was there. I posted in another thread. It ain't pretty.
With Guerrieri on the staff over the past nine seasons, the Blue Devils have compiled 59 wins, captured the 2013 ACC Coastal Division championship and made six bowl appearances. Guerrieri coached Duke’s safeties over the past eight campaigns, where he aided in the development of Jeremy Cash, a three-time All-America choice, DeVon Edwards, an All-ACC selection in both 2014 and 2015, Jeremy McDuffie, an all-league choice in 2017, Dylan Singleton, who earned All-ACC accolades in 2018 and Michael Carter II, a 2020 all-league selection.

Coach Guerreri was a Broyles award nominee while at Duke, so I’m not really sure why there is an issue with him.
He was successful as a DB coach when Jim Knowles was defensive coordinator. He was good a year after that as DC but the defense kept regressing under him until it was among the worst in the country his last year. Lot of injuries etc but the progression was not favorable. Seems like a good DB coach. May do fine with a defensive head coach involved with him.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
He was successful as a DB coach when Jim Knowles was defensive coordinator. He was good a year after that as DC but the defense kept regressing under him until it was among the worst in the country his last year. Lot of injuries etc but the progression was not favorable. Seems like a good DB coach. May do fine with a defensive head coach involved with him.
Our struggles over the past couple of seasons have been up front and until those are rectified, what we do in the back won’t matter that much.

Last edited:
I read Coach Allen's statements a few times and all I took away was a great deal of gibberish. It was similar to trying to interpret Tom Crean's gibberish. There was an inability to put together two sentences that were not disjointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Bell better follow coach Allen's view and do what he says. Because going hyper fast is bad for the defense. Bell said he slowed down for Williams but I think it was coach Allen that told him to slow down the offense. We will see this season how the offense goes because not giving defense time to rest and get back on the field was bad.

Reactions: red hornet and DANC
With Guerrieri on the staff over the past nine seasons, the Blue Devils have compiled 59 wins, captured the 2013 ACC Coastal Division championship and made six bowl appearances. Guerrieri coached Duke’s safeties over the past eight campaigns, where he aided in the development of Jeremy Cash, a three-time All-America choice, DeVon Edwards, an All-ACC selection in both 2014 and 2015, Jeremy McDuffie, an all-league choice in 2017, Dylan Singleton, who earned All-ACC accolades in 2018 and Michael Carter II, a 2020 all-league selection.
Like I said, go look at their record when he was there. Their defense got progressively worse.

According to Vesuvius, he was DC from 2018-2021.

Go look at their record when our now-Co-Defensive Coordinator was there. I posted in another thread. It ain't pretty.
Lol dude I know yet I didn't want to shit on the dude. Also our new co OC is suspect also but this board turns into a bunch of middle aged school girls when you point out the obvious

Reactions: vesuvius13
Lol dude I know yet I didn't want to shit on the dude. Also our new co OC is suspect also but this board turns into a bunch of middle aged school girls when you point out the obvious
Our new OC, Tucker, did an excellent job as OC at his last job.

But yeah, you risk the wrath of the mob if you point out facts sometimes.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT