ADVERTISEMENT

It's Mack.

Mack would not leave Xavier whose program has been much more dominant for many years now.
IUs time was in the past.

Mack would make me very happy. You have to respect the fact that Xavier held Arizona scoreless for the final 2:52 of the game. Can you imagine that type of defense at IU? The man can coach.

Reactions: Sassy61 and Lucy01
Chris Mack

• Played for and graduated from St. Xavier High School, here in Cincinnati
  • Played for and graduated from Xavier University, here in Cincinnati
  • Assistant Coach at Xavier University, here in Cincinnati
  • Head Coach at Xavier University, here in Cincinnati
Is Indiana University moving to another location, here in Cincinnati?
Just because hes from Cincinnati doesn't mean he won't go after a better job like Indiana.

Alford still has a lot of people pulling for him but I don't think it'll end up being him. I don't think Glass wants that controversy right off the bat. Many are shocked that Alford isn't more popular than he is.

The Donovan noise is real. I've been told he's listening to IU but hasn't made a decision yet one way or the other. Definitely not a done deal but it's possible. IU is playing this pretty close to the vest. Guys I've known since my college days who are always in the know don't seem to have a good grasp on things right now. It's oddly quiet. We'll see.

Thanks for the response.

He gone. Cincy will have to find a new face of the city.

I do enjoy how you speak about Cincinnati as if it's some foreign land that most of us have never been to. It's a stones throw down the road from Bloomington. Any IU grad has either spent a lot time in Cincy or knows a considerable amount of people from there. Most people probably both.
That still doesn't alter the fact they are a bunch of cross breeding "river rats". ;)

Is Alford still the main name? Please tell me it's Billy D!
If it is Donovan, why haven't they announced it yet? I don't think they would wait until the NBA season is over so they could announce it at any time. I believe we are still looking at coaches that are still playing. I would expect we have contacted agents to measure interest and are waiting until their seasons are done before contacting them directly. Mack, Alford, and probably Holtmann. could be among those being considered. Mack improved his resume last night.

Mack will get vetted once he is out of the NCAA like Alford. Rumor is that he is interested.

Mack would be a great hire IMO.

Donovan, S Miller, Bennett, A Miller, Mack..... one of those 5

Mack would not leave Xavier whose program has been much more dominant for many years now.
IUs time was in the past.

At least you didn't create a new account to post this.

Mack would leave X in a heart beat if IU offered.....sorry kid.

If it is Donovan, why haven't they announced it yet? I don't think they would wait until the NBA season is over so they could announce it at any time. .

I'd have to think Donovan is in the drivers seat on this.

If it is Donovan, why haven't they announced it yet? I don't think they would wait until the NBA season is over so they could announce it at any time. I believe we are still looking at coaches that are still playing. I would expect we have contacted agents to measure interest and are waiting until their seasons are done before contacting them directly. Mack, Alford, and probably Holtmann. could be among those being considered. Mack improved his resume last night.

If it is Donovan they wouldn't announce until after the NBA season, just like they would wait for any college coach season to end. Billy D. is still employed by the Thunder and are in the process of making the playoffs. He is getting paid a lot of money to be their coach and there isn't a chance the Thunder would allow him to make that announcement, unless they planned on firing him right after it.

If it is Donovan they wouldn't announce until after the NBA season, just like they would wait for any college coach season to end. Billy D. is still employed by the Thunder and are in the process of making the playoffs. He is getting paid a lot of money to be their coach and there isn't a chance the Thunder would allow him to make that announcement, unless they planned on firing him right after it.
That isn't what Glass said. He was asked if they would let an NBA coach finish the season. He was vague but indicated the school would work around it. With OKC pretty much a lock for post season, you think we would wait until late April or into May to announce our choice? Players will be making some decisions by then and uncertainty could drive players into choices not favorable to us or them. April 23 is the date players have to declare for the draft. OKC could still be playing if they win an early series.

That isn't what Glass said. He was asked if they would let an NBA coach finish the season. He was vague but indicated the school would work around it. With OKC pretty much a lock for post season, you think we would wait until late April or into May to announce our choice? Players will be making some decisions by then and uncertainty could drive players into choices not favorable to us or them. April 23 is the date players have to declare for the draft. OKC could still be playing if they win an early series.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant to type after the OKC's season, which I think they would wait that long if they had to. At the very least, I think they would wait until after the NBA regular season is over.

Chris Mack

• Played for and graduated from St. Xavier High School, here in Cincinnati
  • Played for and graduated from Xavier University, here in Cincinnati
  • Assistant Coach at Xavier University, here in Cincinnati
  • Head Coach at Xavier University, here in Cincinnati
Is Indiana University moving to another location, here in Cincinnati?
The talking heads just made a comment that this is the rumor. CM to IU

Alford still has a lot of people pulling for him but I don't think it'll end up being him. I don't think Glass wants that controversy right off the bat. Many are shocked that Alford isn't more popular than he is.

The Donovan noise is real. I've been told he's listening to IU but hasn't made a decision yet one way or the other. Definitely not a done deal but it's possible. IU is playing this pretty close to the vest. Guys I've known since my college days who are always in the know don't seem to have a good grasp on things right now. It's oddly quiet. We'll see.

[QUOTE="fpeaugh, post: 2113559, member: 1650"

The Donovan noise is real. I've been told he's listening to IU but hasn't made a decision yet one way or the other. Definitely not a done deal but it's possible. IU is playing this pretty close to the vest. Guys I've known since my college days who are always in the know don't seem to have a good grasp on things right now. It's oddly quiet. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

You acted throughout that you had all these sources.

The Donovan noise was NEVER real because he had little interest in the job. Dave Snedeker, one of his closest personal friends, who played called ball with him at Providence, told me 5 days ago Donovan had told him the day before he was in no way interested in the IU job and "his people" had told IU intermediaries at the very beginning he had no intention to go back to the college game or to IU.

Get new sources dude. Stop acting like an insider.

[QUOTE="fpeaugh, post: 2113559, member: 1650"

You acted throughout that you had all these sources.

The Donovan noise was NEVER real because he had little interest in the job. Dave Snedeker, one of his closest personal friends, who played called ball with him at Providence, told me 5 days ago Donovan had told him the day before he was in no way interested in the IU job and "his people" had told IU intermediaries at the very beginning he had no intention to go back to the college game or to IU.

Get new sources dude. Stop acting like an insider.[/QUOTE]
I don't need new sources. I don't really care...dude. It's an anonymous message board. I heard the Donovan stuff from people I trust who are close to the program. The same people who told me about Crean being fired well before anyone thought it would happen, told me Alford bowed out when the national media and local writers were saying he was a sure thing, told me last night that an announcement was coming today when people like Peegs said it would be Monday at the earliest, told me last night it was Archie when no one else was talking about him. These people were right on the money about everything. If you knew their names you wouldn't be questioning it. I can guarantee you that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT