ADVERTISEMENT

It's a shame

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
That after a win this site is quiet but after losses the site has all of these guys come out of the word work complaining about everything. After losses I come here to vent but I also come here to give props to the players. I have to give a lot gf credit to Green because 3 weeks ago he was playing so poorly I thought he might not be back next year. I don't know getting benched against Purdue where he only played 4 minutes go this attention or that he has bought into Archie's system.

That after a win this site is quiet but after losses the site has all of these guys come out of the word work complaining about everything. After losses I come here to vent but I also come here to give props to the players. I have to give a lot gf credit to Green because 3 weeks ago he was playing so poorly I thought he might not be back next year. I don't know getting benched against Purdue where he only played 4 minutes go this attention or that he has bought into Archie's system.
I just got here because I was watching the game via phone with my Dad back in Indiana. He has a phone in his room now so we can watch the game together. The only problem is he is about 15 seconds ahead of me because I watch the game via the internet and he has cable. He will tell me if one of our guys scores. Great win by IU tonight. This is two in a row.

I just got here because I was watching the game via phone with my Dad back in Indiana. He has a phone in his room now so we can watch the game together. The only problem is he is about 15 seconds ahead of me because I watch the game via the internet and he has cable. He will tell me if one of our guys scores. Great win by IU tonight. This is two in a row.
Cool story, bro ..

Granted the bar was set very low in the first part of the season but it sure is fun to see the team gel and players buying in to CAM's philosophy.

Reactions: BigMobe
Scott, I hear you. That was a solid win against a overmatched team, but the D and sharing of the ball was outstanding.

Reactions: IUgradman

Earlier in the year, it was difficult for me to watch this team. Now, the players are beginning to meet my expectations. Wouldn't it be great if Green and Langford were the two starting guards next year?

Good win tonight. The boys played great. I'l try to get on here after the next win and post something. I think it' just a win over a mediocre team, not much to say. Now if it was a win against Purdue or Mich st this place would be buzzing. At least we are not complaining about the coach back and forth like last year.

There was a couple of times I tried to listen to Fisch but the radio is so far behind the TV it makes it impossible to do.

I was impressed with Green's play, 19 pts 7 assists, as well as the overall team play. You can see that the team is buying into Coach Millers style of play. I think the future for IU basketball is in good hands.

Like the OP, I was surprised by the lack of posts on here after the game. The team has come a long way since the start of the season but it seems many would rather bad mouth the players and coaches after a loss than congratulate them after a win.

Morgan, McRoberts, Green and even McSwain (7 reb, 8 pts and 3 blocks) are playing better now than they were at the beginning of the season.

Unfortunately, we lost too many games while we were still learning the new system and don't have enough games left to make a record to get into the tournament.

Reactions: hometownfan
Morgan, McRoberts, Green and even McSwain (7 reb, 8 pts and 3 blocks) are playing better now than they were at the beginning of the season.

Unfortunately, we lost too many games while we were still learning the new system and don't have enough games left to make a record to get into the tournament.
UConn was facing a similar situation where they had to win the conference tournament to get in the NCAA field. And they ended up winning the national championship.

Well. It was Friday night and had some plans. I DVR'd and watched the game later in the evening.

I don't know that anyone wasn't buying in. It just takes time to learn the new system. The returning players probably felt like they were in a Seinfeld bizarro episode.

I really like how this team is playing. When Green plays like he did tonight, Rojo can go back to being Rojo like when Yogi was here. Smith and Al played well off the bench. It is nice to see another trait of an Archie coach team in that they are playing thier best ball going into the end of the season.

Sorry I didn't get to watch the game as I was out having dinner with my family. It was not a good night because it took thirty minutes to get seated and an hour or more to get our food. I did see the score on espn though when I got home. I like that they keep getting better every game and who knows we win out and have a good run in the Big Ten tournament and maybe we make it in.

It’s a shame that as usual IU Scott has to come on the board and sit in judgement on everyone else.....

Scott, I think some of us are still getting adjusted to IU games on Friday night. Still, your point is well made. IU basketball is really fun to watch again. Green was a source of frustration for me but he is really turning it around and CAM's comments about his game and "humbleness" in practice really bode well for IU moving forward. Solid game tonight and I really like the way the team continued to run set plays until the buzzer vs what seemed to me an anything goes approach in previous years when finishing a game with a big lead.

Reactions: IUgradman and mk23
There was a couple of times I tried to listen to Fisch but the radio is so far behind the TV it makes it impossible to do.
Do you have cable/dish with a DVR? Pause the video until Fisch's audio catches up, and let it roll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT