ADVERTISEMENT

It should be easy.

Really good campaign ad

That the senate race in Georgia is close is proof that the Republican Party is dying.
They must have at least 9 lives because I've heard that for the last 30 years when they don't do well in an election but the Democrats always bail them out with their arrogance. The opposite is also true .... the Democrats will get trounced in an election but the Republican's arrogance always rears it's ugly head and bails them out.

They must have at least 9 lives because I've heard that for the last 30 years when they don't do well in an election but the Democrats always bail them out with their arrogance. The opposite is also true .... the Democrats will get trounced in an election but the Republican's arrogance always rears it's ugly head and bails them out.

huh?

Is this an attempt at a defense of walker or just trying to redirect the topic?

Neither party is dying. The country is pretty evenly split with a small percentage that waivers one direction or the other in each election.

We are a divided country on just core beliefs. The GOP isn't dying because roughly half the country hates the Democrats' worldview and vice versa.

This is a marriage of convenience at the moment.

Reactions: jet812
You don't read very well do you? He said "proof that the Republican Party is dying" and I responded to that.
"

No, I didn't follow your train of thought. Not sure why you felt that throwing out insults was necessary but that is the republican way it seems.

Yea, claiming the republican party is dying is wishful thinking. If Trump doesn't get the nomination though, it might do some hemorrhaging because he won't go down quietly.

Really good campaign ad

That the senate race in Georgia is close is proof that the Republican Party is dying.
The country is an absolute disaster in a number of ways and nobody addresses those things.

Warnick is a mindless simpleton robotic Pelosi/Schumer button pusher and he runs on Walker being the dumb black guy? Neither Warnock nor any Dem will address the horrible drug issue, the looming energy crisis, inflation, the border, or crime because that is beyond his and their mental ability. If the Democrats can’t ban something, or throw money at it, they are totally flummoxed. Warnock is no exception.

Reactions: DANC
Really good campaign ad

Shame on you, circle. That ad is aimed at the white voters and perpetuates a stereotype. Having blacks recite the script is part of the act.

Why can’t the allegedly smart guy Warnock defend his votes on trashing the border or causing energy prices to skyrocket as the Democrat establishment demands of him.

Last edited:
Shame on you, circle. That ad is aimed at the white voters and perpetuates a stereotype. Having blacks recite the script is part of the act.

Why can’t the allegedly smart guy Warnock defend his votes on trashing the border or causing energy prices to skyrocket as the Democrat establishment demands of him.
You're a joke CO. Always have been, always will be. The truth is Walker is unqualified and unfit to serve as a member of the Senate. That the Republican Party supports his candidacy proves that the Party cares little about our country. It's all about power.

And face it, CO. You voted for Trump and continue to support him. You have no standing to call others to shame. If you want to raise the issue of racism, let's chat about your support of a Republican former President who sat down for dinner with a renown white supremacist over the weekend. And please don't pull the "I don't support Trump's behavior, but I support his policies". You voted for and supported the worst president in our country's history. That stain will never be removed.

Really good campaign ad

I don't understand: Walker is a Republican candidate, and despite his obvious mental illness, stupidity, and lack of qualifications for the Senate, the senate race in Georgia is close.

I think most people from the outside looking in would say: wow, how bad must the Democratic Party in Georgia be (in the eyes of the Georgia voter) if this candidate can be so close?

You're a joke CO. Always have been, always will be. The truth is Walker is unqualified and unfit to serve as a member of the Senate. That the Republican Party supports his candidacy proves that the Party cares little about our country. It's all about power.

And face it, CO. You voted for Trump and continue to support him. You have no standing to call others to shame. If you want to raise the issue of racism, let's chat about your support of a Republican former President who sat down for dinner with a renown white supremacist over the weekend. And please don't pull the "I don't support Trump's behavior, but I support his policies". You voted for and supported the worst president in our country's history. That stain will never be removed.
Anybody can cherry pick material and make somebody look like a dumbass. Obama included. That ad is blatantly racist. The fact taht you don’t see it shows me that your liberal bias overtakes your race when a black Republican is the object of scorn. I’ve heard interviews and saw some debate clips where Walker made sense and was perfectly normal

I wouldn’t say he is unfit, but given the quality of congress nowadays, he would fit right in.

I voted for Trump, I defend thise votes, and I would do it again in the same circumstances . But you have no basis to claim I continue to support him, zero, zip, nada. That is your bias and stereotyping at work which is pretty much all you do and are capable of. That goes double for your OP.

The country is an absolute disaster in a number of ways and nobody addresses those things.

Warnick is a mindless simpleton robotic Pelosi/Schumer button pusher and he runs on Walker being the dumb black guy? Neither Warnock nor any Dem will address the horrible drug issue, the looming energy crisis, inflation, the border, or crime because that is beyond his and their mental ability. If the Democrats can’t ban something, or throw money at it, they are totally flummoxed. Warnock is no exception.
What exactly have Republicans proposed as solutions to any of those problems? All they worry about are drag shows, protecting their guns, and CRT.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
We are a divided country on just core beliefs.
I don't believe this. I think WE THINK we're divided on core beliefs.

We're not hung up on core beliefs as much as you might think. We're hung up on the SHOULD WE and HOW WILL WE.

Core belief - Kids should get the best possible education we, as a society, can afford them.

SHOULD WE:

Invest our tax dollars in public schools or charter/private?
Allow voucher programs?
Pay teachers more?
Limit curricula to educational concepts only?

HOW WILL WE:

Pay teachers more?
Give tax dollars to well run private schools w/o overstepping the State v Church line?
Ensure young people get a well rounded education that perhaps doesn't happen at home?

You and I's core belief that kids should get the best education we can provide for them is the same.

Reactions: hoosboot
What exactly have Republicans proposed as solutions to any of those problems? All they worry about are drag shows, protecting their guns, and CRT.
They've been proposing solutions for a few decades now. You might not like them and you might think the problems are minor but they have proposed solutions:

For crime, they want to end no cash bail systems, letting off shoplifters, harsher sentences, etc.

For the border, they want tighter border security and a wall.

For the drug issue, they want a tighter border, too.

For the energy crisis, they want to promote drilling and fracking and pipelines.

For inflation, they want to stop govt spending and entitlements.

I don't understand: Walker is a Republican candidate, and despite his obvious mental illness, stupidity, and lack of qualifications for the Senate, the senate race in Georgia is close.

I think most people from the outside looking in would say: wow, how bad must the Democratic Party in Georgia be (in the eyes of the Georgia voter) if this candidate can be so close?

I don't think it means much of anything other than there are a lot of Republicans in Georgia.

The majority of people would vote for their party regardless of the quality of the candidate.

Democrats could nominate Jesus and he still wouldn't win in a red state. Or vice versa for a republican in a blue state.

Reactions: NPT

We're not hung up on core beliefs as much as you might think. We're hung up on the SHOULD WE and HOW WILL WE.

Core belief - Kids should get the best possible education we, as a society, can afford them.

SHOULD WE:

Allow voucher programs?
Pay teachers more?

HOW WILL WE:

Pay teachers more?
Give tax dollars to well run private schools w/o overstepping the State v Church line?
Ensure young people get a well rounded education that perhaps doesn't happen at home?

You and I's core belief that kids should get the best education we can provide for them is the same.
I think there is a fundamental divide right now about whether kids should each get the best education for them or whether we should provide more education, resources, time, and attention to those behind the other kids in an effort to level the playing field.

That's equity in a nutshell:

I think there is a fundamental divide right now about whether kids should each get the best education for them or whether we should provide more education, resources, time, and attention to those behind the other kids in an effort to level the playing field.

That's equity in a nutshell:

We could, of course, do both. For some reason we're stuck trying to choose one way. Somehow, when I was young, there were advanced classes, normal classes, and remedial classes. I've seen what you've posted about in your district and that's nuts. Completely overshooting the mark.

But we should always be trying to level the playing field of opportunity. Not outcomes of course. "Catching up" some kids may always be necessary.

But we can do both. Why we feel that doing one thing means the other can't happen baffles me.

They've been proposing solutions for a few decades now. You might not like them and you might think the problems are minor but they have proposed solutions:

For crime, they want to end no cash bail systems, letting off shoplifters, harsher sentences, etc.

For the border, they want tighter border security and a wall.

For the drug issue, they want a tighter border, too.

For the energy crisis, they want to promote drilling and fracking and pipelines.

For inflation, they want to stop govt spending and entitlements.

They have stated what they think are issues.

Their solution for crime would cost money and more than negate the solution for inflation.

The border issue isn't going to be solved by building a wall (just cost money and again negate the inflation solution). Border security has always done their job regardless of what party is in office. They don't have the funds or manpower to catch everyone and again if they did increase funds to solve that, then that would negate the inflation solution because it would cost loads of money.

what disagreement is there on the drug issue other than possibly the legalization of marijuana. I don't think anyone says to let drugs in.

Govt spending is only an issue for GOP when dems are in control. I don't seem to recall our deficit decreasing under any GOP president but maybe I'm mistaken. The only thing that changes is who benefits from the spending/entitlements.

Anybody can cherry pick material and make somebody look like a dumbass. Obama included. That ad is blatantly racist. The fact taht you don’t see it shows me that your liberal bias overtakes your race when a black Republican is the object of scorn. I’ve heard interviews and saw some debate clips where Walker made sense and was perfectly normal

I wouldn’t say he is unfit, but given the quality of congress nowadays, he would fit right in.

I voted for Trump, I defend thise votes, and I would do it again in the same circumstances . But you have no basis to claim I continue to support him, zero, zip, nada. That is your bias and stereotyping at work which is pretty much all you do and are capable of. That goes double for your OP.
You're such a joke CO. You don't have the standing to call anything racist. Again, your vote and support of Trump are all anyone needs to know about you. You might as well tattoo a big T on your forehead.

They have stated what they think are issues.

Their solution for crime would cost money and more than negate the solution for inflation.
What is the Democrat's solution for crime? Platitudes? I'll preface this by saying I think crime follows the economy more than anything else and every time there is a recession there is probably an increase in crime. I also don't believe it to be the most pressing issue we face. Be that as it may...bringing back cash bail, actually catching and sentencing low level criminals like shoplifters, etc. will help solve the crime problem. We know this b/c it worked in NYC and other places. Will those kinds of solutions further divide minorities and cops? Maybe/Probably. Is there a possibility of further eroding the 4th amendment? Could be. But those are the questions we should be discussing as part of the conversation about how to lower crime. We barely even have conversations anymore at the Congressional levels.

Tighter border security is part of the solution to the immigration problem. Saying it isn't would mean believing that current border security is tight enough (it's not) or that tighter border security isn't a goal. It is. I agree we can't just build a wall across Mexico. But we absolutely should in some areas. We should also, probably, have more immigration courts near the borders to conduct immigration hearings more quickly. That should be a huge goal. Doing nothing about the existing problems (and its causes) is pretty much what both parties do all the time now.

I swear sometimes the national parties like to lose more than they win. At least if you lose all you have to do is bitch about the other side while offering very little in the way of true policy that isn't just repealing what the other side did before.

Last edited:
If Trump doesn't get the nomination though, it might do some hemorrhaging because he won't go down quietly.
That's for sure... he just can NOT accept defeat and that he MIGHT POSSIBLY BE WRONG about something.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
What is the Democrat's solution for crime? Platitudes? I'll preface this by saying I think crime follows the economy more than anything else and every time there is a recession there is probably an increase in crime. I also don't believe it to be the more pressing issue we face. Be that as it may...bringing back cash bail, actually catching and sentencing low level criminals like shoplifters, etc. will help solve the crime problem. We know this b/c it worked in NYC and other places. Will those kinds of solutions further divide minorities and cops? Maybe/Probably. Is there a possibility of further eroding the 4th amendment? Could be. But those are the questions we should be discussing as part of the conversation about how to lower crime. We barely even have conversations anymore at the Congressional levels.

Tighter border security is part of the solution to the immigration problem. Saying it isn't would mean believing that current border security is tight enough (it's not) or that tighter border security isn't a goal. It is. I agree we can't just build a wall across Mexico. But we absolutely should in some areas. We should also, probably, have more immigration courts near the borders to conduct immigration hearings more quickly. That should be a huge goal. Doing nothing about the existing problems (and its causes) is pretty much what both parties do all the time now.

I swear sometimes the national parties like to lose more than they win. At least if you lose all you have to do is bitch about the other side while offering very little in the way of true policy that isn't just repealing what the other side did before.

Dems solution to crime is attempting to reform criminals and not just pay for them to be incarcerated long term if they aren't hardened criminals with a high chance of being a repeat offender. Also to stop wasting resources on marijuana and focus on the more dangerous drugs.

Of course tight border security is a goal but at what cost? How much would you like to add to the deficit to pay for the manpower it would take to catch everyone? The other issue is purposely making it difficult to enter legally and making the path the citizenship harder than it needs to be. Plus, I have not heard anything about border security being lessened by dems, which is what tends to be the partisan accusations whenever a dem is in the white house. They are still catching what they can at the border given the resources they have available.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Really good campaign ad

It's close because deep down Georgia is still a GOP-controlled state, at least at the state Govt and Legislative level. The GOP could have beaten Warnock had they nominated someone who could capture the Suburban vote, the way Kemp did.

But despite the polls showing a "tight race", Herschel is toast. Early voting is already up over previous levels, and the counties who held early voting on Sat were about 80% Dem strongholds, since the GOP focused on parliamentary shenanigans to try to prevent anyone from voting on Sat...

This was just another attempt to suppress the vote behind the scenes, by trying to forbid early voting the Sat after the Holiday. But fortunately even the GOP controlled courts realized the naked political ploy to basically try and remove a Saturday from the voting calendar. Look at the reasons even the "moderate" element of the GOP used as their argument. It's pathetically shallow justification for "we don't want all of these Warnock supporters voting"...

If you're a college student attending school out of state and you want to vote in the runoff, it's a little hard to do when you have to be back in class on Monday, and there's only a week or so to actually vote. By being able to vote on Sat a huge amount of people who would otherwise be disenfranchised are able to vote, and they overwhelmingly support Warnock.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Ridiculous. Fetterman has been in politics and is recovering from a stroke. He’s intelligent. And then there’s Walker….
Not ridiculous, I don't care what Fetterman did in the past, after the stroke he has been an incoherent mess. He did awful in the debate. He is as "capable" of doing the job as Walker (as in he has staff that can tell him what to do from the Democrat side...and people like his wife.)

He is a vote. I know you guys don't like to just frankly admit that you voted for a turd sandwich because they had a D after their name and how "I would never vote for a candidate like that GOP guy/girl who is X, Y, or Z" but that isn't reality.

Not ridiculous, I don't care what Fetterman did in the past, after the stroke he has been an incoherent mess. He did awful in the debate. He is as "capable" of doing the job as Walker (as in he has staff that can tell him what to do from the Democrat side...and people like his wife.)

He is a vote. I know you guys don't like to just frankly admit that you voted for a turd sandwich because they had a D after their name and how "I would never vote for a candidate like that GOP guy/girl who is X, Y, or Z" but that isn't reality.
Only people in PA would have voted for Fetterman but sucking at a debate doesn't mean crap when compared to the stupid coming out of Walker on a daily basis.

Oz didn't know what grocery store he was in and he didn't even have a stroke.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

We have a white guy in the White House who has been through two invasive brain surgeries, is obviously senile, and wasn’t the sharpest when he was at his best. There were other capable Democrats in the field. Yet the Dems hand picked the senile, dishonest old has-been and with press dishonesty about Covid and Russia, he is in charge and the country is a mess on all fronts.

In the face of all that, anybody who thinks the black Republican can’t cut it is like a fart in a hurricane.

You're such a joke CO. You don't have the standing to call anything racist. Again, your vote and support of Trump are all anyone needs to know about you. You might as well tattoo a big T on your forehead.
Shorter Circle Joe: “CO, Trump, Racism, Trump, hate, Trump.“

You know damn well that ad never runs for a white person., it only passes the focus group test because Walker is a Black Republican.

SHOULD WE:

Allow voucher programs?
Pay teachers more?

HOW WILL WE:

Pay teachers more?

I am not as sanguine as you are on our current and future prospects.

Only people in PA would have voted for Fetterman but sucking at a debate doesn't mean crap when compared to the stupid coming out of Walker on a daily basis.

Oz didn't know what grocery store he was in and he didn't even have a stroke.
It was more than sucking at a debate:

"What are your thoughts on the economy Candidate Fetterman?"

"The economy is a blue sunshine that my wife and I lived in a nice house and saved money to play with our dog......thank you."

(Parody)

I still don’t know why people lump charter and private schools together. Colorado has a robust system of charter public schools. Not only should we encourage charter schools, we should encourage charter school districts. In places like Chicago, the single school system ruins lives.

We have disgraceful educational outcomes, and the fault is mostly at the feet of large, powerful, union-controlled schools, and school districts. Throw in national political control through grants and special funding and we have a real mess.

Of course tight border security is a goal but at what cost?
Do you really believe that? In my opinion that will never be the goal of the party(whether R or D) that thinks they'll gain votes from open borders.

Shorter Circle Joe: “CO, Trump, Racism, Trump, hate, Trump.“

You know damn well that ad never runs for a white person., it only passes the focus group test because Walker is a Black Republican.
I repeat myself CO. You have absolutely no credibility or standing to comment on racism. You voted for and support Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT