ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Chinese spy balloon going to crash in Lakehurst, NJ?

Your wording was an unfortunate slap at divorcees, many who are fleeing abusive relationships, widows, victims of rape who kept the baby (like you guys want), etc.
Even those who made mistakes (poor life decisions) may grow up and realize they need a second chance.
Don't be that guy.
I amended in my follow up.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
yet many in this thread have already taken a pretty complex situation, and boiled it down to "Old Man Bad"...period, even refusing to entertain other theories.
But that was true with Trump and true of about any subject discussed. People make up their mind without facts but I know facts are hard to determine.

They believe or dismiss a story without even reading it based on the source. If I'm not mistaken the NY Post broke the story about Hunter Biden's laptop but most people dismissed it because they wrote it. I think you have to look at the source but not immediately dismiss it because of the source.

Learn to code!
Get three jobs!
Go to vocational school!
Pay for your own healthcare!
Public transportation? - Hope you live in a big city!
IQ of 90? You're f*cked!
Single mom and need childcare? I hope you're poor enough for aid!

Oh, and my favorite. B/c you're poor you have to live in the shittiest part of town with the highest crime and worst schools.

BOOTSTRAPS!
-You don't have to learn to code to do a factory job. Again, I linked to a site with several jobs paying at or above $20 an hour that were manufacturing.
-You don't have to get 3 jobs, but if you have an expectation of a certain standard of living that compares with people who went out and specialized after high school while you worked fast food or retail, you are going to have to make up for that deficit with additional labor.
-What is wrong with vocational school? Did you sit around and hope that a wonderful job that covers all your wants and needs would fall into your lap or did you go out and do things to help you land that job?
-Healthcare will vary by employer but we have the awesome ACA to cover everyone now.
-IQ of 90 can still do manufacturing jobs. They can live a perfectly happy life. When you start going lower down the IQ scale, I think there is a point where the social safety net should kick in.
-Single mom why? Divorced? Why isn't Dad helping with support? If he isn't, let's make it so he has to. Not divorced? Why do you have kids? Do you not know how condoms and birth control work? You got a double digit body count by the time you can drink? Oh man, it is the consequences of my actions showing up to kick me in the uterus again. (And that also applies to dudes, you got a baby mama and owe her child support, keep your dick in your pants playboy).
-The state of poor neighborhoods w.r.t. crime and violence directly correlates to the more modern idea that, respectfully, permeates your other points. At a certain point you have to hold people to some standard or they will meet the lack of standards you set for them.

Reactions: DANC
But that was true with Trump and true of about any subject discussed. People make up their mind without facts but I know facts are hard to determine.

They believe or dismiss a story without even reading it based on the source. If I'm not mistaken the NY Post broke the story about Hunter Biden's laptop but most people dismissed it because they wrote it. I think you have to look at the source but not immediately dismiss it because of the source.
Are people really dismissing facts though? Like what is being factually dismissed about what happened?

-You don't have to learn to code to do a factory job. Again, I linked to a site with several jobs paying at or above $20 an hour that were manufacturing.
-You don't have to get 3 jobs, but if you have an expectation of a certain standard of living that compares with people who went out and specialized after high school while you worked fast food or retail, you are going to have to make up for that deficit with additional labor.
-What is wrong with vocational school? Did you sit around and hope that a wonderful job that covers all your wants and needs would fall into your lap or did you go out and do things to help you land that job?
-Healthcare will vary by employer but we have the awesome ACA to cover everyone now.
-IQ of 90 can still do manufacturing jobs. They can live a perfectly happy life. When you start going lower down the IQ scale, I think there is a point where the social safety net should kick in.
-Single mom why? Divorced? Why isn't Dad helping with support? If he isn't, let's make it so he has to. Not divorced? Why do you have kids? Do you not know how condoms and birth control work? You got a double digit body count by the time you can drink? Oh man, it is the consequences of my actions showing up to kick me in the uterus again. (And that also applies to dudes, you got a baby mama and owe her child support, keep your dick in your pants playboy).
-The state of poor neighborhoods w.r.t. crime and violence directly correlates to the more modern idea that, respectfully, permeates your other points. At a certain point you have to hold people to some standard or they will meet the lack of standards you set for them.
I was being a bit antagonistic so take it with a grain of salt.

But what do we do when 1/3 of society will never amount to a hill of beans and never did? We used to have high paying (for their time) manufacturing jobs where a mom/dad could work and support a family. One income. And those jobs obviously still exist at some level, but certainly not at the level of the 50's-70's.

We have devalued manufacturing work. We have devalued agricultural work. We have devalued most all unskilled labor. All for profit. We paid little attention to how that would destry the social fabric and care even less than that.

But my TV costs less. I can buy a 39 gallon trashcan for $11.

Is consumerism a culprit? Yes. Is automation a culprit? Yes. Can we actually fix either? No.

Your wording was an unfortunate slap at divorcees, many who are fleeing abusive relationships, widows, victims of rape who kept the baby (like you guys want), etc.
Even those who made mistakes (poor life decisions) may grow up and realize they need a second chance.
Don't be that guy.
There are exceptions to every rule…what’s best is best

Learn to code!
Get three jobs!
Go to vocational school!
IQ of 90? You're f*cked!

Oh, and my favorite. B/c you're poor you have to live in the shittiest part of town with the highest crime and worst schools.

BOOTSTRAPS!
School choice

But what do we do when 1/3 of society will never amount to a hill of beans and never did? We used to have high paying (for their time) manufacturing jobs where a mom/dad could work and support a family. One income. And those jobs obviously still exist at some level, but certainly not at the level of the 50's-70's.

We have devalued manufacturing work. We have devalued agricultural work. We have devalued most all unskilled labor. All for profit. We paid little attention to how that would destry the social fabric and care even less than that.

Is consumerism a culprit? Yes. Is automation a culprit? Yes. Can we actually fix either? No.
Once AI has replaced us all we can take jobs fighting the Terminators.

Are people really dismissing facts though? Like what is being factually dismissed about what happened?
I'm talking in general terms. As far as the balloon I hope there are things that we don't know that might change our opinions.

Learn to code!
Get three jobs!
Go to vocational school!
IQ of 90? You're f*cked!

BOOTSTRAPS!
Learn to code was Biden's solution to disappearing coal mining jobs.

Can't anyone learn to code?

You are actually touching on some points that Trump was seen as addressing, and that the Dems lost sight of.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Sooooo . . . we're just supposed to take your word for what is "far left wing"?

Shorter you: "If you ain't with me, you're agin me." Well, I ain't with you . . . let the chips fall.

Brad Stevens suggested All Sides as a relatively objective source regarding media bias.
So by your own admission my opinion is not okay but Brad's is okay. Now if you want to use some chart as a basis for your reference go right ahead. I think you should consider what you see and hear. A network that doesn't mention Benghazi for almost a year, reporters who refer to illegals as undocumented, 1619 as fact, even Russian collusion with no retraction (not a trump guy by the way). I listen/read to two left wing outlets and two moderate conservative outlets mainly for news gathering. Have for over 20 years. Best I've seen is The Dispatch. By the way opinion shows suck.

• Haha
Reactions: Sope Creek
Again you miss the forest for the trees. It’s a common theme with you. You’re basically hickory 2.0. This doesn’t have to be partisan. Right outlets do the same with crime etc. there’s no with me or against me nonsense.
I note that you didn't answer my questions. They were quite reasonable. Nothing about my post was partisan, except for your responses.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT