ADVERTISEMENT

Irish Lion Closing?

That’s cool. I like the Jake’s space better. More opportunities.

How about Thursday night jello wrestling and Friday night fights? We’ll build an octagon and hold unsanctioned, amateur MMA fights between frats. Bands can play in there, too, and have protection from beer bottles thrown at them (and encouraged by the staff).
The old Subway on the NE side of the Square (now a head shop...on the Square...effing Bloomington 😄)...was looking at the cost of a Texadelphia franchise there for a couple weeks.

• Love
Reactions: BradStevens
The old Subway on the NE side of the Square (now a head shop...on the Square...effing Bloomington 😄)...was looking at the cost of a Texadelphia franchise there for a couple weeks.
Haven’t heard that name in over 20 years. Thought they were only in Austin.

When did Highland close? Seems like right after we came to town.

Never been to Steve's Place either.

Office Lounge is kinda the dive for the SE siders.

That said, there's a new bar/bistro opening on Sare that may be the place Southsiders have been waiting for...looks like a place you would find in Seaside, FL.

Baldy's needs to let go of the space next to them and let someone drop a bar in there.
Pretty sure the Covid shutdown took the Highland out.

I've seen that same look every time I tell a slightly off-color joke around my humorless wife.
Luckily for you I’m also a marriage counselor. The next time you see her in the kitchen loading up the dishwasher patiently wait for her to finish. When she finishes, wink at her and tell her great job. As your walking away tell her you will be loading your dishwasher later tonight😍

🤣🤣. We went once. Once.
Went a few times. Hammered.

Girl took my dollar and stuck it to my forehead. Reared her shoulders back and, without using her hands, snatched that bill right off. ****ing talent. Busty. And proportional. Maybe 22.

giphy.gif

Nick's food has been bad for years now. They've even managed to **** up their pizza, which used to be excellent.

As Mark said, their signature sandwiches, the stroms, are mainly the bun - very little sauce.

About the only thing worth getting are the Sink the Biz fries, and even those have been hit or miss.

Sad, because Nick's used to have great food.

Future generations will never know the experience of getting the stink-eye from Ruthie. :(
I always ask for extra red sauce on the side. It cures “little sauce” problem you speak of.

Reactions: DANC
Had lunch a Irish Lion a couple months ago, first time in a few years. You can tell the energy was lacking, even for a lunch.
The menu hasn't changed in decades, the blarney puffballs are the only thing above average.
I honestly would invest depending on what their books looked like. The bones are good, just needs some fresh blood. New owners need to:
  1. Bring back the Full yards yesterday.
  2. Do something with the upstairs; looks like a nursery home up there
  3. change the menu
  4. somebody else mentioned music; live music would be pretty cool
The steamed, lemon-buttered oysters are a favorite of ours and oh, so sensual in appearance (coed genitalia-like). I own the same stained glass church window you see on display there. There were originally four of these that came out of a church demolished in Cumberland, IN during the mid ‘70’s. A few years ago I spoke to the owner about them.

Future generations will never know the experience of getting the stink-eye from Ruthie. :(

Getting slapped down by Ruthie was a rite of passage for college kids. Kinda like using the troughs at the football stadium for the first time when you were little.

I tried to figure out who has this listing yesterday. Had no luck. Anyone know the asking price? Should be no more than value of the real estate and restaurant equipment has a value of pennies on the dollar.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
My son used one at The Barn for the first time and was like - wtf is this? We need to go to more games there, in Wrigley and other old stadiums so he gets the full experience and appreciation for modern toiletry.
Is it too late for the IMS infield troughs? It’s where I first learned to brush my teeth after every meal of fried chicken, sometime in the early ‘60’s, round about’s.

I recall the communal urinals at Hinkle being of antiquated vintage, Late-Roman in design. Maybe they’ve been updated since then, perhaps partitioned off to complaints of watch watchers, the Tom Crean’s of slyer concealment.

Is it too late for the IMS infield troughs? It’s where I first learned to brush my teeth after every meal of fried chicken, sometime in the early ‘60’s, round about’s.

I recall the communal urinals at Hinkle being of antiquated vintage, Late-Roman in design. Maybe they’ve been updated since then, perhaps partitioned off to complaints of watch watchers, the Tom Crean’s of slyer concealment.
Who was that Colt's LB from Alabama - white guy? Barry....???

I was at the old Bush Stadium in Indy at a game and went to what they called a 'restroom', which was basically a trough. Barry was in there drunk and showing his schlong around.

Quite the spectacle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT