ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting hypothetical 2 . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
would you rather have Kalen DeBoer as HC or CCC? Suppose the BAMA BoT agrees with Rick Neuheisel that CCC is the next approximation of Saban, and fires CKD in favor of CCC, would you rather have CCC or DeBoer as IU's head coach? Would you take CKD as HC of IU football?

DeBoer was considered out of the question when CTA was fired. Hence the hiring of CCC.

Just for full disclosure, I'd rather have CCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet
Another no brainer.when DeBoer didn’t discipline his freaking captain for his on field temper tantrum,I lost all respect for that dude.
I would venture to say Cig would have gone full blown RMK on the kid.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Another no brainer.when DeBoer didn’t discipline his freaking captain for his on field temper tantrum,I lost all respect for that dude.
That would be a factor in your decision. Please consider my hypothetical as reconstituted.

That would be a factor in your decision. Please consider my hypothetical as reconstituted.
DeBoer is also 14 years younger than Cig and I feel he would jump ship within 4-5 years.
Cig could do the same but I feel if he gets the program where he wants it to be he may retire here,but we all know money talks.
Also I like his assistants much more than DeDoer’s but with the success he is having this year it may hard to keep the staff together much longer.

Did he say he wouldn't be disciplined? Or did he say he wouldn't be suspended?

Not to pick a fight, but it's funny for me to read people say this and then invoke Knight, who did outrageous bullshit on par or worse than what that kid did.

Deboer isn't 6-0 at Indiana...there's your answer.
No, he's 4-1 at BAMA with a win over Georgia and a loss to Sandy. Saban's rat poison comes to mind, and CCC's success in the face of that is a factor in the question.

Answer the next question, please.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT