ADVERTISEMENT

Inmate no. P01135809

io_Anger_standard.jpg
Give me the power to delete your posts without warning or comment and we'll see how happy you are about it.

Reactions: ulrey
I would say don't defraud the government. I don't know the applicable law, but it seems it moved from a regulation(?) to a law(?). Without knowing what they were actually sentenced to, I'd imagine any jail time would be doled out concurrently and suspended, pushing them to probation.

I'd imagine the fine is justified with penalties, no? At the very least, it sounds like it was never legal, just perhaps not fully criminal.

That was the first example, here is another from that article. It is the bolded part I find interesting:

Among other pending cases is the 98-count indictment of former Drexel Burnham Lambert Inc. junk bond chief Michael Milken. Meanwhile, a federal appeals court in New York has upheld the racketeering conviction of the owner of a chain of gas stations for not paying the required amount of New York state sales tax, a violation that wasn’t even a state criminal offense at the time that he committed it.

That was the first example, here is another from that article. It is the bolded part I find interesting:

Among other pending cases is the 98-count indictment of former Drexel Burnham Lambert Inc. junk bond chief Michael Milken. Meanwhile, a federal appeals court in New York has upheld the racketeering conviction of the owner of a chain of gas stations for not paying the required amount of New York state sales tax, a violation that wasn’t even a state criminal offense at the time that he committed it.
Again...don't defraud the government.

• Haha
They have no clue what they've just done. Its all fun and games with mugshots, but they have opened up a larger movement. Tipping point is on the horizon iyam

As far as lockdowns and masks. Maybe libs will get back in line and understandably so...but there is already a HUGE movement that will not comply next time. They try it again and things will not go well. People are pissed from the social media I've seen. Is a total police state coming soon? Should be interesting.
I don't foresee a total police state ala USSR. More like the hold on political and legal power of the Mexican PRI for so many years. The national Dem party has willing accomplices in the deep state, tech, media.

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
Yeah that’s beyond absurd.

Lean and mean. You guys just let a Tiger out of a cage. Buckle it up it’s going to be a fun ride.
My wife said the same thing last night, I believe it was "did they just poke a bear". I think turning himself in just after the debate was calculated, maybe I'm wrong, but man it seems like the best free marketing piece he could utilize. No one who really supports Trump gives two shits, but there are many that probably jump on his train. I saw several social media posts from black males and females stating in a nutshell they feel he is getting the same treatment as black Americans regarding these indictments.

This should be a fun ride, I for one hope it does two things, puts Trump in a spot where he has to take his name out of contention and second he endorses Vivk as the next Republican nominee.

what forest am i missing. i completely agree rico can be abusive and is far from perfect. opinions vary on prosecuting under. some think it's easier, others harder to prove a criminal enterprise. i do think there are facts that make it useful. on the civil end exposing church abuse. spoliation. patterns. shipping priests to different far away parishes. on and on
That power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The prosecutors are now more dangerous than the prosecuted, especially on the federal level, but increasingly on the state level as well with these leftist political prosecutions.

The prosecutors are now more dangerous than the prosecuted, especially on the federal level, but increasingly on the state level as well with these leftist political prosecutions.
i see. i do agree that they are out to get trump. but he's easy to get through his own stupidity. if we get someone normal we'll thwart their tendencies

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Again...don't defraud the government.
he didn't pay the right sales tax. wasn't even a crime at the time. so the problem is what should have been a fine and penalties has been enhanced unjustifiably. not good. that's an abuse. our criminal system is pretty f'd really. guys in fed prison doing more time on financial crimes than murderers in the state systems

Reactions: DANC and dbmhoosier
They have no clue what they've just done. Its all fun and games with mugshots, but they have opened up a larger movement. Tipping point is on the horizon iyam

As far as lockdowns and masks. Maybe libs will get back in line and understandably so...but there is already a HUGE movement that will not comply next time. They try it again and things will not go well. People are pissed from the social media I've seen. Is a total police state coming soon? Should be interesting.
Cuckoo

You see little wrong with the government intimidating innocent bystanders with threats of prison. It should also serve as a warning to not align yourself with the wrong political Party.
Or maybe a warning not to align yourself with a known criminal like Trump.

I don't foresee a total police state ala USSR. More like the hold on political and legal power of the Mexican PRI for so many years. The national Dem party has willing accomplices in the deep state, tech, media.
Lol. Maybe you should be a little more concerned about the number of people who tried to steal an election?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Ummm, are you implying that you believe a person is dumb for paying their taxes?
He's now going to tell us that taxes are theft, and people are fools for 'letting the government borrow our money'.

I pay quarterly business taxes. I only have one of my incomes that that deducts taxes. I make a little too much to avoid it.

My wife said the same thing last night, I believe it was "did they just poke a bear". I think turning himself in just after the debate was calculated, maybe I'm wrong, but man it seems like the best free marketing piece he could utilize. No one who really supports Trump gives two shits, but there are many that probably jump on his train. I saw several social media posts from black males and females stating in a nutshell they feel he is getting the same treatment as black Americans regarding these indictments.

This should be a fun ride, I for one hope it does two things, puts Trump in a spot where he has to take his name out of contention and second he endorses Vivk as the next Republican nominee.
You haven’t been paying attention if you think Trump would ever do something like that. It’s a sad state of affairs when people think a criminal finally getting consequences is a dangerous things. I’m sure lots of black people are upset about Trump finally getting brought to trial . Laughable.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I’m sure lots of black people are upset about Trump finally getting brought to trial . Laughable.

Another example of a white shitlib wading into racist observations because they feel they "empathize" and "understand" the black folks more than your average whitey.

Reactions: TDHoosier and DANC
Another example of a white shitlib wading into racist observations because they feel they "empathize" and "understand" the black folks more than your average whitey.

Bless your heart. Shift slightly….woooo. I don’t think , emoathize, or understand…I just talk to my friends. But nice name calling.

You haven’t been paying attention if you think Trump would ever do something like that. It’s a sad state of affairs when people think a criminal finally getting consequences is a dangerous things. I’m sure lots of black people are upset about Trump finally getting brought to trial . Laughable.
I have no doubt conviction of his will bring riots.

Teach much?

• Haha
Ummm, are you implying that you believe a person is dumb for paying their taxes?
It's a sheeple thing. Think about this squeaky. If everyone banded together and stopped paying what would the government do? Put us all in jail? Do you realize the power we have over our government? Why has it become the other way around?

Let's see who else were known criminals? Jesus and his disciples. What an awful alignment.
Oh. Christ. It was only a matter of time.

Yes, unjustly accused Trump - - the Chosen One, God's other Son - - was indicted for you and me.

He'll rise in two days, not three, because he's better than Jesus. I heard that from two Corinthians.

You are hopelessly misguided.

Bless your heart. Shift slightly….woooo. I don’t think , emoathize, or understand…I just talk to my friends. But nice name calling.
Democrats are going to struggle with the black vote in 2024. Inflation is a major issue for the middle class, working class, and lower classes. I think turnout will be low.

Reactions: DANC

What happened to the party of law and order? You don't want criminals to be prosecuted or just don't want conservative criminals to be prosecuted?

If they are found guilty, then will you be back to say you were wrong about it being a political prosecution or will it just turn into the judge and/or jury being corrupt as well?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT