ADVERTISEMENT

Inmate no. P01135809

LedZep17

Recruit
Aug 13, 2020
788be588-8e23-4455-9c00-cca0dd153640.png

Maybe this case will start a movement to make racketeering laws unconstitutional. The law is way too vague and really is just a law designed to convict people they don't really have evidence to convict on real charges. As the link below points out, its biggest use is to get people to cop to other charges so the RICO charge is thrown out.

I will leave it to a jury to decide guilt on the other charges, but I hope the RICO gets tossed here as I hope it gets tossed everywhere.

Maybe this case will start a movement to make racketeering laws unconstitutional. The law is way too vague and really is just a law designed to convict people they don't really have evidence to convict on real charges. As the link below points out, its biggest use is to get people to cop to other charges so the RICO charge is thrown out.

I will leave it to a jury to decide guilt on the other charges, but I hope the RICO gets tossed here as I hope it gets tossed everywhere.
You really are a good poster Marv. Very fair. That said Rico has its place. Civil was used to bring down the church with sex abuse cases. It was the best fit and vital

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT