ADVERTISEMENT

Industrial Farms

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida

Saw “Food, Inc” several years ago and it changed my eating habits forever. The small farm coops are making a comeback, but buying from them is expensive, for obvious reasons. As more jump on board with getting away from processed foods these prices will fall. This is a groundswell movement being helped by the Huberman’s, Attia’s and Rogans. Hoping this continues.

Saw “Food, Inc” several years ago and it changed my eating habits forever. The small farm coops are making a comeback, but buying from them is expensive, for obvious reasons. As more jump on board with getting away from processed foods these prices will fall. This is a groundswell movement being helped by the Huberman’s, Attia’s and Rogans. Hoping this continues.
My understanding is our specialized factory farming system (both agriculture and livestock) was created after WW2 when we essentially had to feed not just ourselves but much of the rest of the world.

There’s no need for that kind of capacity anymore.

I really, really like him. I know he’s crazy and what not but I he’s a true believer and his own guy. His instagram is hilarious. Look here gang. I just caught poisonous ghost grasshopper 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jet812 and DANC

I wonder if he's got any good recipes for whale?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Smithfield is about to go public in the U.S.

• Sad
Reactions: jet812
food-income-shares_600px.png

Didn't Alaska shut down crab fishing for like 2 seasons in a row?
It’s a complicated question as to why as well as why prices skyrocketed during bidenomics. First overfishing has had a deleterious impact on the crab biomass impacting quotas etc. Climate change, water temps, have also had an impact. Lastly inflation with respect to supply chains fuel and labor costs have added to the increased prices.

Any other Alaska-related questions? Bush planes? Bush life? Gold claims, dredges? The Brown family? Life in nome? Please. Happy to answer

It’s a complicated question as to why as well as why prices skyrocketed during bidenomics. First overfishing has had a deleterious impact on the crab biomass impacting quotas etc. Climate change, water temps, have also had an impact. Lastly inflation with respect to supply chains fuel and labor costs have added to the increased prices.

Any other Alaska-related questions? Bush planes? Bush life? Gold claims, dredges? The Brown family? Life in nome? Please. Happy to answer
Port Protection fan? RIP Gary.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yep. They are believed to have starved due to warming ocean temperatures.
I read that temperatures spiked, but they are now back in a range that supports them again. It will now take them up to 10 years to get back to pre-collapse populations, assuming it stays in the favorable temp range.

Reactions: Noodle and twenty02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT