ADVERTISEMENT

INDIANA Youngest Team In A Bowl?

red hornet

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana is the 3rd youngest team in the Big Ten & will be one of the youngest in a bowl game.The Hoosiers have only 13 seniors, with 53 freshmen, 27 soph., & 18 juniors. As such, most of the offense[99%] & defensive(79%) production returns, making the Hoosiers a team on the horizon for 2020.

I'm so pumped for next year. Seeing the schedule tells me we lose the opener at Wisconsin but have potential to go on a 6 game win streak directly after. We also will have the fire power to put Wisconsin on their heels, so we'll see. I could see Penix torching their defense.

Frankly, expecting a 7-9 win season wouldn't be out of line. There should be very real excitement for this team.

I'm so pumped for next year. Seeing the schedule tells me we lose the opener at Wisconsin but have potential to go on a 6 game win streak directly after. We also will have the fire power to put Wisconsin on their heels, so we'll see. I could see Penix torching their defense.

Frankly, expecting a 7-9 win season wouldn't be out of line. There should be very real excitement for this team.
Agree. The key here is the extreme youth of the Hoosiers will continue to mature & improve.

The opener will be a tall task but I wouldn’t write it off.
A lot of upsets happen the first game of the year and we will have an experienced team so who knows?

The Wisconsin hurdle is real. But openers can be tough outs for the favorites. Particularly with a new OC coming in for IU, there won't be any film on his play call tendencies. I remember watching IU have a lead on OSU a few years ago into the 2nd half of the season opener. UW will be the favorite, but if they can climb that mountain to start, IU has a very real chance of going into Columbus undefeated.

Agreed. Hopefully Ramsey stays so we are 2 deep again at the QB position. But any team can say that going into the season.

The last 2 seasons I had high hopes going into the season was 2007 and we did pretty much exactly what I had expected.

More recently the year Scales and Fant returned for their senior season. I was hopeful for 7 possibly 8 wins but expected at least a little more from the QB than what Lago and DeBord(ome) offered us. Our offense that year just wasn't able to muster up enough points to help keep the defense fresh. With just a slightly above average offense, that defense would've been off the field even more and had an amazing season. Oh well...

With that said, I think this coming season is one I fully expect a great season, more so than those previous years. Obviously anything can and will happen but its the first season we should go into with an expectation of competing at a top level. A lot of the teams in the conference are losing a lot of talent so we should take it up a notch compared to what we did this year......and that's saying a lot. We should be favored vs. MSU at home next year.

Agreed. Hopefully Ramsey stays so we are 2 deep again at the QB position. But any team can say that going into the season.

The last 2 seasons I had high hopes going into the season was 2007 and we did pretty much exactly what I had expected.

More recently the year Scales and Fant returned for their senior season. I was hopeful for 7 possibly 8 wins but expected at least a little more from the QB than what Lago and DeBord(ome) offered us. Our offense that year just wasn't able to muster up enough points to help keep the defense fresh. With just a slightly above average offense, that defense would've been off the field even more and had an amazing season. Oh well...

With that said, I think this coming season is one I fully expect a great season, more so than those previous years. Obviously anything can and will happen but its the first season we should go into with an expectation of competing at a top level. A lot of the teams in the conference are losing a lot of talent so we should take it up a notch compared to what we did this year......and that's saying a lot. We should be favored vs. MSU at home next year.
I wonder what Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and others are losing? I glanced at Ohio State and they are losing a bunch of starters. They'll be good but won't be nearly as good as this year.

I wonder what Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and others are losing? I glanced at Ohio State and they are losing a bunch of starters. They'll be good but won't be nearly as good as this year.

They always have attrition and of course they have the depth to replace it with their recruiting. But we are bringing veteran talent back and as long as the offense keeps humming along, we should improve on both sides of the ball. Purdue is about the most comparable team as far as returning talent but still young. The bucket game might not be relegated to an afterthought game this season if their QBs can continue to improve and Moore n Co. are healthy.

They always have attrition and of course they have the depth to replace it with their recruiting. But we are bringing veteran talent back and as long as the offense keeps humming along, we should improve on both sides of the ball. Purdue is about the most comparable team as far as returning talent but still young. The bucket game might not be relegated to an afterthought game this season if their QBs can continue to improve and Moore n Co. are healthy.
The Bucket game will be a tremendous game, a tremendous battle. Purdue will probably be improved and Indiana looks to be a team on the come with some big time skill people.

Indiana most certainly needs to circle the Bucket game and win it two years running. The game is in Bloomington, that means something. Indiana should be jockeying for a better bowl game with the W.

If Indiana's defense gets better, they could have a great season.

The Bucket game will be a tremendous game, a tremendous battle. Purdue will probably be improved and Indiana looks to be a team on the come with some big time skill people.

Indiana most certainly needs to circle the Bucket game and win it two years running. The game is in Bloomington, that means something. Indiana should be jockeying for a better bowl game with the W.

If Indiana's defense gets better, they could have a great season.

I agree that IU will be playing for a better bowl game with a bucket win. However, I think PU will be 5-6 and playing for bowl eligibility. That makes them extra dangerous. I think it’ll be a really tough game for both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT