ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/UCLA Prediction Thread

If IU wins it will really open the eyes of a lot of people around the country. Prime time. UCLAs first BIG game.

However, I don't see it happening. Color me a pessimist. I'll happily eat crow and ask for second...

IU - 21
UCLA- 38

UCLA defense is supposed to have some stuff. So that'll be the challenge. Surely the offense will improve over their opener. They went 9-4 with a bowl win two years ago, 8-5 with a close bowl loss last year. So they've been solid. Just because their coach fled doesn't automatically make them worse. BOTH team need this game very badly, for a very good or great season. So Indiana is in for a fight.

I'm going Hoosiers. And since I said 'solidly' in a different thread, I hate to make it too small a margin. So...

28 - 20 Hoosiers.

Had typed 30-20 but we'll probably get a few TDs and a couple FGs, make the 2 point conversion in the fourth to put us up 8, we run out the clock with a ball control drive to end it. Go Hoosiers!

I get the hype and maybe it's true. Or maybe UCLA is no good under the new staff. Maybe both or maybe neither. In either case, UCLA has won 8 games, 9 games and 8 games over the last 3 seasons. Based on that, I hesitate to be overly confident in going out west as a perennial doormat and knock the doors off of them. That's not to declare it as impossible, but far too little footage to feel bold about it.

UCLA 27
IU - 24

I get the hype and maybe it's true. Or maybe UCLA is no good under the new staff. Maybe both or maybe neither. In either case, UCLA has won 8 games, 9 games and 8 games over the last 3 seasons. Based on that, I hesitate to be overly confident in going out west as a perennial doormat and knock the doors off of them. That's not to declare it as impossible, but far too little footage to feel bold about it.

UCLA 27
IU - 24
This game could go either way.

Foster is an experienced, successful coach, but this is his first time as HC and it's too early to tell if he's mastered the Xs and Os and everything else that goes into being a good HC and game day coach. Time will tell.

Last time I went out west to see IU play was for the 2007 Insight Bowl in Tempe. IU lost to Mike "I'm a Man!" Gundy and Oklahoma State 49-33, and the game wasn't nearly as close as the final score would suggest.

This game, though, will likely be very competitive. The outcome could come down to a final possession.

Foster is an experienced, successful coach, but this is his first time as HC and it's too early to tell if he's mastered the Xs and Os and everything else that goes into being a good HC and game day coach. Time will tell.

Last time I went out west to see IU play was for the 2007 Insight Bowl in Tempe. IU lost to Mike "I'm a Man!" Gundy and Oklahoma State 49-33, and the game wasn't nearly as close as the final score would suggest.

This game, though, will likely be very competitive. The outcome could come down to a final possession.
i was there as well. Wasn't a good game but found out later they were cheating so we should have gotten the W by default when they had to vacate lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
i was there as well. Wasn't a good game but found out later they were cheating so we should have gotten the W by default when they had to vacate lol.
Were they paying players? I can't even imagine that. What had college football come to.
Yeah useless tongue in cheek, killing time on lunch break.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
The thing that impressed me most last week was watching IU play with effort for 60 minutes. I was at the Eastern Illinois game in 2019 and it seemed like IU sleep-walked through the 2nd half.

This is starting to feel different to me. C3 was not happy after the FIU game due to lack of effort and focus. It sure seemed to be in full force last week; even after they blew the game up in the 1st quarter.

Methinks Coach Cig is more concerned with the process of playing with best effort every down than he is merely winning. I like this attitude!

I think of UCLA in the same capacity as I do MSU. Usually if we beat MSU, we're going to a bowl game. It doesn't declare we're having an historic season (for IU that is) but it means we are well on our way to a good one. In the past if we beat a PSU, OSU, or UM then suddenly we find ourselves being discussed on College GameDay. This year our schedule is such that we only have OSU and UM; however, UM looked lost so we're suddenly looking at Nebraska or Washington as that team who can put us into that national spotlight.

Anything is possible but it starts with a win here.

Reactions: ESalum86

Coach Foster’s most recent press conference (I’m setting aside his disastrous performance at Big Ten media days) suggests his knowledge is lacking.

The team with the most coaching staff continuity is going to win.

Last edited:
I had been predicting all along (perhaps a bit tongue-in-cheek) that College Gameday would be parked on B-Town Boulevard on November 9th for the battle of the unbeaten Wolverines and Hoosiers. Well, Michigan went and f@#&ed up that plan.
If we can both get there unscathed, I think the game that could get a lot of hype is the one against Nebraska in October.

I had been predicting all along (perhaps a bit tongue-in-cheek) that College Gameday would be parked on B-Town Boulevard on November 9th for the battle of the unbeaten Wolverines and Hoosiers. Well, Michigan went and f@#&ed up that plan.
We could see then if Indiana and Nebraska are both undefeated when the Huskers come to town.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT