ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana State/IU Prediction Thread

Defense plays well again. Offense opens it up a little bit, maybe leading to a turnover or two. But overall, they appear to have gotten on track a little bit. Defense gives us a lot of short field situations. OLine proves to be a B10 level line, and we're able to run well.

41-10...IU

Our first of two wins?
Louisville will tell a big story on that. The other two non conf should be wins, obviously.

Obviously if we beat them, then 3 wins is a liklihood...

But even if we lose to them, and its a close, well contested game...that means we'll probably win a couple more games at some point. Louisville is a solid high major team, easily a bowl caliber team. If we either beat them, or battle them close, on a neutral field, stands to reason we're a bowl caliber team too. And bowl caliber teams don't win only 2 games.

If we're a "2 win team", we'll get handled, and possibly completely blown out, by Louisville.

Reactions: Jssanto
49-7

I'll stand by my preseason score prediction. Indiana State just failed to score against an FCS team that won 2 games last season. Their backup QB might have to play again and his stat line was not good. They are not a good team and the Hoosiers need to take advantage of that.

I bet the offense let's the training wheels off and the defense plays with their hair on fire. 400+ passing yards between Jackson and Sorsby, over 200 rush yards total, and a defensive or special teams touchdown (maybe even a safety). Would love to see solid reps from some offensive backups, say Omar Cooper/Jaquez Smith/Kam Perry logging their first offensive stats? Additionally, getting a rotation of young guys at DL and DB to get game reps.

My only concern is that despite Jackson and Sorsby showing they're B1G caliber, we don't have a clear starter due to splitting time. I trust the staff to make the right decision but I'd feel a lot more comfortable as a fan if I could clearly see who was going to be leading the team against Louisville. And I sure hope Allen names the starter for the game Tuesday, no secrecy would show confidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Louisville will tell a big story on that. The other two non conf should be wins, obviously.

Obviously if we beat them, then 3 wins is a liklihood...

But even if we lose to them, and its a close, well contested game...that means we'll probably win a couple more games at some point. Louisville is a solid high major team, easily a bowl caliber team. If we either beat them, or battle them close, on a neutral field, stands to reason we're a bowl caliber team too. And bowl caliber teams don't win only 2 games.

If we're a "2 win team", we'll get handled, and possibly completely blown out, by Louisville.
I really like your logic.
I don’t know how to get years of Indiana football out of my mind.

I would love 40 points but with 2 QBs likely playing and both inexperienced I see points in the 15-20 range.
Hopefully a D that kept OSU to essentially 3 TDS can keep ISU to 7-13 points.
I do not think we will lose, but a fumble in our end zone/pick 6/return TD could make that happen. I think this game is close.

I would love 40 points but with 2 QBs likely playing and both inexperienced I see points in the 15-20 range.
Hopefully a D that kept OSU to essentially 3 TDS can keep ISU to 7-13 points.
I do not think we will lose, but a fumble in our end zone/pick 6/return TD could make that happen. I think this game is close.
There's no way this game is close. If it is, uh oh

Hoosiers 28
Sycamores 6

Defense gets a touchdown...we remain unhappy with the offensive production (and man...I hope I'm wrong on that...I really do.)

We see the QBs stretch their arms and come to a decision although many suspect that decision is made.

I am not sure about the crowd but it could be small on a Friday. We will not be there.

Should be an easy W, let’s just keep starters healthy

The students have never really sold out games, even when I was there. Maybe as simple as not winning?

Plays a part for sure but IU’s student sections for its sports events are considered some of the worst in the country. Really disconnected and no attachment to the school regardless of winning or losing.

The Hoosiers shut out the Sycamores 38-0. Hoosiers athletic director so excited he extends Allen's contract by one more year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT