ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/Penn State Prediction Thread

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Ugh. I hate to lead off with a prediction that's not a W. I think the big upset comes next week at home. This week? PSU 34, IU 24.

Really don’t think we win this, but it’s not like that’s some hot take. I’ll say 52-27

The process continues. It is a long term process, and immediate gratification is not a part of it.

The process will continue despite censhopsip and fake news.

This is college football. The longest, cruelest off season.

This is America.

We will play again in 2021. You will be treated well here. You will not hear the non sense in the stands that we all heard in 2018 at Indiana.

We all hope Indiana football has changed. We all hope fake news and censorship has taken a hit.

The process continues. It is a long term process, and immediate gratification is not a part of it.

This is America.

We will play again in 2021. You will be treated well here. You will not hear the non sense in the stands that we all heard in 2018 at Indiana.

We all hope Indiana football has changed. We all hope fake news and censorship has taken a hit.

WTF!!

I don’t normally pick against us but I just don’t see it happening but I’ve been wrong before.
Their loss last week was the worst thing that could’ve happened to us.
I look for them to come out on fire then come back to earth.
We rally too little,too late.
PSU 34
IU 21

It sucks to feel like we are likely to lose this game. Maybe that takes the pressure off and we are more aggressive with our play calling on both sides of the ball. I feel confident that Deboer will have the best plan and give us a chance to move the ball and score. Our D has to force turnovers and a way to stop drives.

I feel like I am stalling or trying to talk myself into predicting a win, but here it is:

PSU 35 - IU 20

Unfortunately I think the big win is ready to occur next week at home against Michigan.
Penn State 27-IU 24

This is America.

???????

Reactions: GolfHacker1

This is America.

As I said previously, you've been 100% spot on since you started posting last year. You, as an opposing, visiting fan, knew and saw the progress even last year, where fans like me, that live here and are invested, didn't have a clue.

I'm picking up you are an Iowa about playing us in 2021 at your place? You mentioned this in another post.

I went searching on the Iowa board and found you. You don't post a lot, but you certainly have football instinct.

You're have a football message, and it seems a grudge against newspapers. I'm guessing you were a college athlete from some of your posts?

Thanks for posting here. You really had more faith in Indiana football than most of us, starting from last season.

This said, you are an odd fellow though. But I'm guessing this doesn't bother you.

Hoosiers - 30
Nittany Lions - 38

Man I hope I'm wrong. Like others have said, losing to Minny last week was the worst thing that could've happened. They're at home and they're going to be fired up. We need to come out focused and rattle them early if we're going to have a chance. We also cannot give up a ST score or big plays. Can't have TO's either. Basically I'm saying we'll have to play a perfect game and the D will have to create some TO's for IU to win. It can be done, but there is no margin for error.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Echoing the wish Penn St would have won last week, but head thinks they can't afford to take us lightly after that L. Still heart says FG as time expires for a 31-30 IU Victory. Going to have to make this road trip in two years, if we don't get this one, will win in 2021.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I believe we can win, this one isn't out of reach but it will take something special on our part. I hate to say it but I got Penn State 33-24.

I believe we can win, this one isn't out of reach but it will take something special on our part. I hate to say it but I got Penn State 33-24.
I'd feel much better about this game if: a) it was in Bloomington; and b) Penix was playing. To be clear, I'm not trying to reignite the "who is better" debate, and it's indisputable that Ramsey has been spectacular in relief. My point is that a team needs all its weapons when it's playing a team like Penn State, and Penix is definitely a weapon.

The key is protecting Ramsey and getting the ball to Westbrook/Hale/Whop. We need Minnys playbook. Because PSU will be mad as hell.

We protect PR: IU 28, PSU 24
They harras PR: PSU 35, IU 10.

The process will continue despite censorship and fake news.

This is America.

It is a process, and part of the process is depth, and depth at places where it isn't obvious to the casual observer.

The improvement since 2018 is obvious to those that understand what they are watching. Most don't understand what they are watching.

It's an athletic contest, and there are off days.

There are also expectations, and one needs only look at Iowa in 2010 and 2016. Or Iowa State and Indiana this year.

Everyone wants to win now. Including myself. But it takes years to do this consistently.

Enjoy what you see on the football field. It's better at Indiana than it used to be.

This is a blast from the past. You're not posting on here as much, and I wish you would post more. I understand the flak you took as an Iowa fan, but the times you actually talked about football, as opposed to your other editorial opinions, it was pretty solid.

I don't have as much time or energy, so I spend most of my time on my team. Everything isn't as it appears for Iowa right now either. We did win yesterday, but it's pretty hard to imagine we beat a lot of teams with that performance.

I will say this, I have watched line play at Indiana, and as bad as it has looked to the casual observer, there are some good things happening there.

It is a process, and part of the process is depth, and depth at places where it isn't obvious to the casual observer.

The improvement since 2018 is obvious to those that understand what they are watching. Most don't understand what they are watching.

It's an athletic contest, and there are off days.

There are also expectations, and one needs only look at Iowa in 2010 and 2016. Or Iowa State and Indiana this year.

Everyone wants to win now. Including myself. But it takes years to do this consistently.

Enjoy what you see on the football field. It's better at Indiana than it used to be.
This is kind of weird, guy(s). It's a two year old thread. Also, how is it that "each" of you immediately appears and responds after the other one posts, particularly since you're not frequent board participants? 😉

Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: GolfHacker1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT